Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #1
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

**CubbyFan23's MLB/AAA Release and Discussion Thread**

Great news as I release these, first off I'm finding very little reason to change creation modifiers. The guys I'm seeing in the draft pools are fit to the league's rating scale. This might need a few minor tweaks but I don't think it's the big problem we were envisioning it being with these players overcoming the talent with better ratings as their ratings aren't any better than the prospects in the league already or the MLB players current talent. One thing I might look at is development modifiers as they seem to progress too quickly but this is for another day. Secondly, the All-Star game issue is fixed. Thirdly, I'm seeing a lot more intelligent AI with this release. Hopefully when everything is finished, the league will operately completely normally. There is a few AA guys that are overrated that throw things off a bit.

With this release you're getting full MLB and AAA rated players and levels correct. The next release I'm planning is going to be a quick one with all the levels correct (but no re-ratings done to AA, A, etc.) as well as correct historic team leaderboards.

After that, I'll be going for the homerun ball and hitting AA, A, SS in one fell swoop. I don't think this is going to take as long as I'm not re-rating everyone.

Also, a lot of the short season rosters are up, so I'll be adding those players in (if they weren't in the '06 draft) so we can fill those out without any fictional players anywhere.

Enjoy. You can post thoughts, questions, etc. in here.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://files.filefront.com/CubbyFanM.../fileinfo.html

NOTES: I've set all teams to computer managed. They will make moves now. If you want to change this, so that you can just see stats without AA players mucking up things, you can change it in the league setup page. Also, jbarwick's facepack is included, I'll be uploading a trimmed down version later (this one is about 45 MB)

BIG NOTE: This game frusterates me to no end sometimes. I had to add a human manager and delete a human manager. However the database still shows 2. This makes me want to light myself on fire. Before starting a game, I suggest you delete the humanmanager.dat (I think that's what it's called) file and then start up the game and create yourself so there's just one manager in the database. If you delete this dat file but don't create anyone the game won't work, just a heads up.

ENJOY!

CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #2
jayparadise
Bat Boy

Great stuff. Thanks for all the work you are putting in. If you need any of that data on the managers just contact me and i'll get it to you.
jayparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #3
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

I take it back, it's only 14.5 MB so it shouldn't be too bad.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #4
deadringer
All Star Reserve

Thanks Cubby and Rolen! I appreciate the hell out of all the time you've invested. Love the set so far, I can't wait for the final.

As a side note, do you still think you can nail the final set in the next couple of weeks?

I owe you both a giant beer!
deadringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:45 PM   #5
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the (better than retail quality) roster set, Cubby/Rolen. It greatly enhances my enjoyment of the game. I really appreciate the attention to detail. Thanks again!
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #6
randomlefty10
All Star Starter

No matter what I do, if I click on a team fro mthe MLB Teams dropdown I get a game crash. Any ideas?

Find your passion, embrace it, and leave the world a better place than you found it.
randomlefty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #7
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23
BIG NOTE: This game frusterates me to no end sometimes. I had to add a human manager and delete a human manager. However the database still shows 2. This makes me want to light myself on fire. Before starting a game, I suggest you delete the humanmanager.dat (I think that's what it's called) file and then start up the game and create yourself so there's just one manager in the database. If you delete this dat file but don't create anyone the game won't work, just a heads up.
Try that.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #8
randomlefty10
All Star Starter

that fixed it, no idea why it was crashing w/o/r/t my deleting humanmanager.dat or not, but whatever.

Is there a way to get into commish mode or whatever so that you can see the editor?

Find your passion, embrace it, and leave the world a better place than you found it.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #9
Erich Ingram

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlefty10
that fixed it, no idea why it was crashing w/o/r/t my deleting humanmanager.dat or not, but whatever.

Is there a way to get into commish mode or whatever so that you can see the editor?
Yes when you create your manager you can make him in commish mode

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Erich Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #10
randomlefty10
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich Ingram
Yes when you create your manager you can make him in commish mode
thanks again. Shows how much I've been playing this game.

Thanks for putting up w/stupid Qs

Old 08-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #11
aewin
Major Leagues

Thanks guys. Great work and much appreciated.
aewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #12
Teyeler
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cubby,

Think you could release this as a world template?
Old 08-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #13
randomlefty10
All Star Starter

Most of the ratings seem pretty good. There are some I still dislike, but realize you aren't going to change them. That's fine.

But, Adam Jones having an 84 power potential? Where did you possibly come up with this? He should be in the 130 range. He hit 14 home runs in 1/2 a season in a pitchers park in AAA at the age of 20. How could he possibly profile as a 15HR guy over a full season in a nuetral park at his peak?

Old 08-05-2006, 11:30 PM   #14
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

2003: 313 AB, 8 HR
2004: 555 AB, 11 HR
2005: 255 AB, 7 HR
2006: 49 MLB AB, 0 HR

PECOTA translates this into what you have in front of you for a current rating and I hardly consider 14 HR in 377 AB in one half season in AAA to mean that he's suddenly developed some sort of power stroke. I might up it a bit to around the 50-55 range but I can't see much more than that.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:53 PM   #15
APujols5
Banned

Infractions: 1/3 (3)
Quote:
2003: 313 AB, 8 HR
2004: 555 AB, 11 HR
2005: 255 AB, 7 HR
2006: 49 MLB AB, 0 HR

PECOTA translates this into what you have in front of you for a current rating and I hardly consider 14 HR in 377 AB in one half season in AAA to mean that he's suddenly developed some sort of power stroke. I might up it a bit to around the 50-55 range but I can't see much more than that.

Cubby you don't see to be taking into consideration that Jones is almost always the youngest player at every level he's played at. He's 20 Yrs old now, hasn't even hit his full maturation. and Yet still has 14 hrs in the 377 abs. while playing in a home field that is one of the most pitcher friendly fields in AAA

Last edited by APujols5; 08-05-2006 at 11:56 PM.
APujols5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #16
Erich Ingram

I guess the key to that is looking at the fact that he has been the youngest at every level he has played at and 14 hrs at the age of 20 in AAA/mlb in 377 at bats shows that he does have the potential to hit homers.

Did he all of sudden develop a power stroke, probably not, it has probably been being developed as his body fills out. I guess my feelings on this are that the kid is 20 not 27 and just coming out of AA. He is a total package guy who will hit for power and that is what the potential rating is there for, what someone is going to develop into. I have to agree with randomlefty on this. He may not have hit one in the majors yet but he will.

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Erich Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:00 AM   #17
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Talking

Quote:
This makes me want to light myself on fire.
Self-immolation urges over OOTP. Brilliant stuff.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:45 AM   #18
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

I am disappointed that this version does not have a kitchen sink included in the zip. Seems like everything else is there.

My, is this one a fun one or what?

Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:55 AM   #19
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Oh also please note I increased all the injuries by around 90 days as the league starts on January 1 instead of April 1 so the injuries needed to be increased to be accurate as of Opening Day.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:02 AM   #20
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlefty10
Most of the ratings seem pretty good. There are some I still dislike, but realize you aren't going to change them. That's fine.
Oh and please don't think I'm disregarding your suggestions, I just plan on eventually making more of the major ratings at the MLB/AAA levels after I get all done. Please, PLEASE don't take that as a "don't make suggestions" type thing because I really value your (and everyone else's) input on things like this, since I don't know the teams in and out like fans of the team do.