Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:44 PM   #41
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Just make him a free agent and if you want him on the Astros, just sign him and put him on the DL for 90 days if you want. It would accomodate everyones needs better if he was a FA instead of him being on the Astros.

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
Old 06-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #42
toadfreak7
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorseMoose
I don't see how you could say that it is more realistic that Clemens is on the 60day DL for the Astros. As of April 1, 2006 (which is the date of the roster set), Clemens was a FREE AGENT.

As a matter of fact, if the Astros in this game where to sign Clemens, I highly doubt it would be anywhere near $22million for one year.

So...I hope he is a free agent.
So it's more realistic for him to go to the Marlins every season? That doesn't make sense to me. This isn't like a trade. He didn't play anywhere the first two months. Since we know he wound up with the Astros, he should be put there. Besides, in Clemens mind, he probably knew in April he'd be with the Astros.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #43
White Sox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadfreak7
So it's more realistic for him to go to the Marlins every season? That doesn't make sense to me. This isn't like a trade. He didn't play anywhere the first two months. Since we know he wound up with the Astros, he should be put there. Besides, in Clemens mind, he probably knew in April he'd be with the Astros.
The problem with both of your theories is that you're too quick to ASSUME that that is going to be the case.

"Pitching, Defense, and the Three-Run Homer."
Old 06-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #44
toadfreak7
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waninski
The problem with both of your theories is that you're too quick to ASSUME that that is going to be the case.
I'm not assuming anything. Putting Clemens on the Astros with a 90 day DL makes the set more realistic, protecting against unrealistic decisions made by the computer AI (going to KC, FLA, TB, etc.). Plus, we know that's where he went.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #45
OTBA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorseMoose

As a matter of fact, if the Astros in this game where to sign Clemens, I highly doubt it would be anywhere near $22million for one year.
Maybe you're right about 2006. In OOTP 6 and 6.5 he'd probably sign for $30 Million.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:19 PM   #46
attackemu
All Star Reserve

Will the roster set include correct records/hall of fame?

-ihatenames
Old 06-06-2006, 05:19 PM   #47
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadfreak7
What if he gets traded before he plays a game with the Astros? Does Rolen/Cubbyput them on that team?
Old 06-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #48
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Guys, this discussion is irrelavent. He'll be either on Houston or in free agency in the roster set, and if you don't like where he is, you can place him where you want him. We don't need to waste time arguing about something like this IMO.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:26 PM   #49
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Also, could use some help -- does anyone know a place where I could find a list of positions that players in the minor leagues have played? I can find all this info for anyone who has appeared in a ML game, but for minor league lifers, its a tough one to locate.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #50
billethius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23
Also, could use some help -- does anyone know a place where I could find a list of positions that players in the minor leagues have played? I can find all this info for anyone who has appeared in a ML game, but for minor league lifers, its a tough one to locate.
MinorLeaguebaseball.com might have fielding stats for each year.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:43 PM   #51
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

On a lesser note, but not an entirely un-serious note...

Is Sammy Sosa going to be lurking in the FA list? Technically, he hasn't retired...

Then again, neither has Rickey Henderson.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:44 PM   #52
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Look who you're talking to! You better believe it!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:48 PM   #53
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Look who you're talking to! You better believe it!
Sweet! I can't wait to see how many more SBs Rickey can rack up!

Oh, wait, you were talking about Sammy.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #54
GForce
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (2)
Quote:
The only issue I see with placing Clemens as a FA is a team like Florida, Tampa, etc. could sign him when IRL there is a 0% chance of this happening...
True, but if you're doing finances for the teams, Clemens' ratings would make his signing demands out of the bounds of those teams. If you guys aren't doing finances, then I can see the argument for putting him on Houston.

Either way, really not a big deal. People can move him very easily from wherever you guys put him.

GH
Old 06-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #55
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce
True, but if you're doing finances for the teams, Clemens' ratings would make his signing demands out of the bounds of those teams. If you guys aren't doing finances, then I can see the argument for putting him on Houston.

Either way, really not a big deal. People can move him very easily from wherever you guys put him.

GH
Yeah I can see your point, and thought about that when I posted that, planning on having accurate financials in there... however, most likely that would mean a team like Florida WOULD have cash to spend (since I think their payroll is about $58.25) and I'd just rather avoid seeing him end up there as it kind of kills the illusion of reality there for me.

Either way, I gotta get back to cracking on this set!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #56
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
How can you release a guy without having the contract hit on the team?

So...it is much easier to add Clemens to the 'stros than releasing him from the 'stros.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:09 PM   #57
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

You can just edit him to have his contract = Minor League Contract and release him.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #58
MVela20
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce

GH
COMPLETELY agree...furthermore, you could use one of the great features of OOTP that further injects reality into the game (no, not steroids) by making his "Desire for Winning Team" close to 100!!

Looking forward to the roster set, Erich and CF!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 06:37 PM   #59
Slapstick
Bat Boy

Smile

Not to distract you from the already beaten to death topic again, but is there any ETA on the rosters? I am just curious. I know that they take a lot of time and I don't want it to sound like I am getting impatient. I am just curious. I am trying to plan if I will be spending the entire weekend in my underwear blocking out my wife's yelling or if I will actually have to do some items from the "Honey Do" list.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:46 PM   #60
BURNS1981
Bat Boy

This poor horse has been beat into dog food about now dont ya agree.
Closed Thread