Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 02-12-2020, 01:40 AM   #181
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Mission:

Find a chink in the 44-8 Gold Miner's Armour.

Ahh, there it is...!

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:36 AM   #182
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I/We should have a good day today.

Old 02-13-2020, 08:49 AM   #183
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
I/We should have a good day today.
I/We did have a good day. We won something like 17 out of 23 of our games (in the month of June) & zero stress. The only thing is I fell asleep quite early...

Back in the playoff picture...

I/We should have a good day today as well.

Old 02-14-2020, 08:13 PM   #184
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Wasn't a bad day, which I'm not surprised by since the first good day forecast was a real one while the second one was just a hopeful one.

Perhaps tomorrow or Sunday I'll update again.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:37 AM   #185
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Something like September call-ups

I think the division is not quite mathematically out of reach but we're in 3rd place & 22 games back or so with 28 or so left to play...

And I hope the following players are ready to go because they're playing today:

Biz Mackey
Wally Backman
Brooks Robinson
Ozzie
Chipper
HoJo
Rose
Strawberry
Clemente
El Sid
Rivera
Joba
Willie Stargell
Rickey

On the good news front, I was like lol, just sort of bored of the same 25-30 guys AND there is a mathematically very GOOD chance that that 3rd place will still be good enough for a postseason.

So I can make yet another new roster for that as I'm updating this thread on how my "new old" guys did today!

SAVE THE JERSEY

Old 02-16-2020, 07:18 AM   #186
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

The Replacements/Upcoming Playoff Picture

So our reserve squad came in & performed admirably, going 17-11 in the final month & 18-11 overall. The only thing kind of disappointing is we lost all 3 of our games vs. Coho (our wild card opponent) on account of us going 0-3 or so against them. The other disappointing thing I meant to mention is their 17-11 month was our 2nd best on the season...? Maybe I have to fire up the starting squad more often as well...we finished 94-68 on the year, though, and will have a chance to test ourselves against Winter Springs if we win the Wild Card game (at Coho Shafs).

Biz Mackey hit .227 in 44 AB while he was in there.
Wally Backman hit .280 in 50 AB...he even hit a home run.
Brooks Robinson came into play third base mostly...& I'm guessing he did a good job. (1 error, 58 total chances, 42 assists)
Ozzie came in mostly to play short but he stole 13 bases while he was in.
Chipper Jones was solid as usual, hitting .277 with 13 RBI.
Howard Johnson hit over .300 for the month with 3 homers.
Pete Rose hit .340.
The Straw man didn't do much in the way of BA (again) but did at least homer 2 times.
Mr. Roberto Clemente (1969) hit .343 while he was in there.
Stargell hit .261 with 4 home runs.
Rickey Henderson stole 15 bases (a couple more than Smith) & got on base almost 35% of the time.

Sid Fernandez was a decent 3-2 in decisions even though his ERA ballooned up to 6.23 after a great start.
Mariano Rivera came back for the first time since the 2059 World Series 6 weeks ago & pitched to a 3.59 ERA.
And the great Joba Chamberlain recorded 38 outs while being charged with only 1 earned (or otherwise) run.

The playoff squad is pretty much set and I'd like to let all the players know that we'd rather win than lose.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 02-16-2020 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-16-2020, 02:47 PM   #187
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

What chink?

We won the Wild Card game today, 3-1.

Then we moved on to the Winter Springs Gold Miners...whatever chink I talked about finding in their armor today it felt for the first time a little (despite many playoffs losses) that I didn't exactly have an answer for what the other team was bringing. I didn't rule out winning/stealing the series until it was official but let's see...

Game 1 - 1-2 L @ Winter Springs - A 25-1 Walter Johnson pitches like a 25-1 pitcher and we lose the game despite a stellar effort from Dwight Gooden.

Game 2 - 7-1 W @ Winter Springs - An inspiring win where Mike Schmidt went off & we ran not only Cy Young but Tim Keefe from the game.

but then...

Game 3 - 2-4 L vs. Winter Springs - It was Schilling vs. Blue...the difference in the game was Koufax getting hit hard in the 7th, 8th innings.

Game 4 - 1-5 L vs. Winter Springs - Eppa Rixey (& their lineup) just plain beat Tom Seaver (& ours).

That has to be the perfectest team I've played. Could be wrong. You know, it could just be because it's Sunday afternoon & the time...but they're a team I might model mine after if I wanted mine to be perfect...(or could afford it a little easier)...sometimes it's tempting. After all, these things tend to have momentum; but I have a few answers for that. Right? Yeah, yeah. For example, perfectest. What the hell is that if you can't do better than perfect, or just as well another way.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 02-16-2020 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:02 PM   #188
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Winter Springs Gold Miners

RBraun554's Gold Miners have won at least 104 games (max. 140) in every single season, 15 working on 16 PC's (Perfect Championships), & 5862 wins in 47 seasons

Old 02-16-2020, 04:10 PM   #189
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
RBraun554's Gold Miners have won at least 104 games (max. 140) in every single season, 15 working on 16 PC's (Perfect Championships), & 5862 wins in 47 seasons

I was very impressed but..

Perfect-est?

I can nitpick....

Why would you play Willie Mays in LF and DiMaggio in CF? Doesn't make sense to me. Why 3 RH 2nd basemen...superfluous...add 99 collins and sell any 2 of the others. I'd want one more LHP in my pen for playoff matchups, I would jiggle the lineup a bit as well, not 5 lefties then 4 righties, makes it too easy on the AI.

I can come up with more, but it would be classified.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:41 PM   #190
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I was very impressed but..

Perfect-est?

I can nitpick....

Why would you play Willie Mays in LF and DiMaggio in CF? Doesn't make sense to me. Why 3 RH 2nd basemen...superfluous...add 99 collins and sell any 2 of the others. I'd want one more LHP in my pen for playoff matchups, I would jiggle the lineup a bit as well, not 5 lefties then 4 righties, makes it too easy on the AI.

I can come up with more, but it would be classified.
You should share. Make some of us MLB GMs one day or something.

But I would say you ARE INDEED nitpicking...

They are ranked 10th of all the teams in the PT Universe...& that's winning % alone among teams that have at least 3000 wins... I have played EDIT: 4 or 5 of the others & my team was not as good at the time... but still performed better...PT 2.0 has been a continual part of my life and I have become sort of (like I might have been managing better early on) and maybe I had no answers because of computer fatigue...

Buuuut....I've noted Singapore, the Bombers (who finished below .500 one season to demonstrate a note on why 11th best win % doesn't necessarily mean 10 teams are ....more well-constructed than theirs)... the NO Brees, & the Singapore Sluggers as the best.

Match-ups as well....umm, hey I guess I COULD have won the series & I wouldn't have praised them as much...but I honestly was like for once, feeling, in ALL probability this team will beat me 3 times before I beat them 3 times. So I might just be saying they'd be the hardest team for MY team to face, not anyone's. But have averaged nearly 125 wins a season. (124.7)

It's just a small person's opinion, though. Don't sweat it. Plus what I said in the previous post about perfect, (perfecter), perfectest. It all points to it being a fairy tale of sorts, the idea of a perfect team, even in a computer program.; that's basically my explanation for why you can point out flaws with their team.

You could do it for any team if you look for them...you probably know that.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 02-16-2020 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:02 PM   #191
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
You should share. Make some of us MLB GMs one day or something.

But I would say you ARE INDEED nitpicking...

They are ranked 10th of all the teams in the PT Universe...& that's winning % alone among teams that have at least 3000 wins... I have played EDIT: 4 or 5 of the others & my team was not as good at the time... but still performed better...PT 2.0 has been a continual part of my life and I have become sort of (like I might have been managing better early on) and maybe I had no answers because of computer fatigue...

Buuuut....I've noted Singapore, the Bombers (who finished below .500 one season to demonstrate a note on why 11th best win % doesn't necessarily mean 10 teams are ....more well-constructed than theirs)... the NO Brees, & the Singapore Sluggers as the best.

Match-ups as well....umm, hey I guess I COULD have won the series & I wouldn't have praised them as much...but I honestly was like for once, feeling, in ALL probability this team will beat me 3 times before I beat them 3 times. So I might just be saying they'd be the hardest team for MY team to face, not anyone's. But have averaged nearly 125 wins a season. (124.7)

It's just a small person's opinion, though. Don't sweat it. Plus what I said in the previous post about perfect, (perfecter), perfectest. It all points to it being a fairy tale of sorts, the idea of a perfect team, even in a computer program.; that's basically my explanation for why you can point out flaws with their team.

You could do it for any team if you look for them...you probably know that.

Well, I personally can't see why anyone plays with a generic stadium like he does...that would be one thing I think he's missing out on. The team is perfectly balanced and all, but it's still the best team money can buy. I did go 4-3 against him with my silly theme team while losing against your squad 2 games to 5, but small sample sizes and all.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:18 PM   #192
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

2066 Update Final

So in 2066, The Angel Fire Guardians & New York Flyers ended up in the same division and it was a 2-horse race all the way. Or 2-team race I should have said. Now I've said both.

The Flyers had a slim lead most of the race but the Guardians demonstrated superior endurance down the stretch to win the division by a slim margin.

I woke up to a 2-2 tie in the DS round of the playoffs vs. the Montreal Expos who had the best record in the league (114-48)... So the first sim of the day was the last...as we lost a Vida Blue (NYF) vs. Tim Keefe (ME) "Game 7" Game 5 by the score of 1 for the Expos and 0 for us. We threatened on a few occasions, including a lead-off double in the 9th that led to an Arky Vaughan AB with the bases loaded & 2 out. He hit a nice fly ball to CF right into their CF's glove and celebrated their triumph.

I don't think I was really "game" for another series against the Guardians anyway.

During the regular season Schmidt, J. Robinson. E. Delahanty, W. Mays, A. Vaughan & C. Yelich took the bulk of the ABs, each with 400+.

R. Campanella, T. Speaker, John Olerud, Willie Keeler, Jose Reyes & Keith Hernandez took 200-399 ABs each.

19 other players were in the 1-199 official AB range.

Maybe it's time I straightened out my position players' approach....OR take 3 weeks off. OR...

Old 02-23-2020, 07:30 PM   #193
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

2066 Summary

The P.461 bigger picture summary:

Hello, Dogberry!
Attached Images
Image Image 

Old 02-25-2020, 02:39 AM   #194
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Well, I had a good first month of 2067, winning 20 out of 27 games.

I decided on KIND OF taking 3 weeks off. The AI is there, it works. (I had some ?s about the AI...kind of amusing.)

We're right in that period between versions & these 3 weeks could end on March 15th.

So I can wake up on March 16th to new baseball in at least 3 ways.

I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do between now & then, though.

Old 02-26-2020, 02:36 AM   #195
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

38-17 after day 2 of 6 (June 3, 2067)

The whole team is playing pretty well & we're well within playoff bounds right now.

The Los Angeles Dodgers, in my division, had a torrent 24-3 May or something like that. They now have a slightly better record than me. (38-15)...

Good Night

Old 02-27-2020, 02:21 AM   #196
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Halfway 2067

17-9 today to move to 55-26 on the season...my 2nd one maybe? on more or less auto-pilot out of 48 weeks now....

The Los Angeles Dodgers still hold a 3 game advantage in the division... I'm having one of my better ummm RS-RA seasons to this point.

The only managing I've done was to replace the not-hitting Mike Schmidt with Mr. Met David Wright at third base. I did that very recently. Other than that...

Had AI set things before season and adjusted everything just that once to "correct" the AI and the results at exactly the halfway mark by month:

April 19-6
May 18-10
June 16-9
July 2-1

I'm not sure if the slight slip each month is sheer coincidence or something to do with setting EVERYTHING before the start of the regular season & often having to make a few adjustments to keep up or improve.

Anyway, Good Night from the New York Flyers to You

Old 02-28-2020, 02:24 AM   #197
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

The trend continued

April 19-6 (.760)
May 18-10 (.643)
June 16-9 (.640)
July 15-10 (.600)
August 0-3

Still one of the 5 playoff teams in the conference, but our record has gotten worse month by month.

We now stand 6.5 GB of 1st place and .5 game better than the other projected wild card.

Old 02-28-2020, 10:46 AM   #198
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Looking at a -7 Pythagorean right now, that's the most extreme I can remember one of my teams being. The most I've seen for another team away from 0 is +17?? ...torwards the end of the season they'd managed to win 17 more games than expected based on their RS-RA.

So while we're 6.5 games back, you might say...that we've had some tough luck so far in 2067.

And it looks...at first glance...that if there's some kind of whale in my league? It's me!

I'm not the least bit tempted *YET* to micro-manage to a few games better regular season record...but Idk...who knows what I'll do Sunday esp. considering I'm not using so much energy on what is, even in simulation world, a very long regular season!

So basically I'm drinking a little more, & getting some other real-life things in order or whatever & as I woke up today there was confirmation that this break was necessary. Pretty good timing all in all, too.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 02-28-2020 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-29-2020, 02:47 AM   #199
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

So the Flyers went on a 10 game win streak today & as things stand have 1 game to make up in their division. The Flyers have 29 games left on their schedule ...and the 1st place Los Angeles Dodgers have 28 games remaining on their schedule. Did the trend of monthly slipping continue? I do not think so. I think we may have finished with a slightly better record in August than we did July. That, my friends, bodes well for this season's campaign.

Old 03-01-2020, 03:10 AM   #200
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Finished the regular season 104-58 and will host the Wild Card game.
Season ended on the 2nd-to-last day on the schedule when we lost to the Los Angeles Dodgers. We lost to the Dodgers the next day as well, winding up 4 GB of first place.
Had one of our best seasons statistically but because of the Auto-Pilot (or possibly...coincidence), our projected record of 116-46 was watered down quite a bit.

I haven't made plans for the playoffs yet.