Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:57 PM   #121
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

One thing to keep in mind as far as the AI mangling your pre-set rosters is that some tournaments have a DH and some are no DH. All of our standard lineups from PT are DH-based, so when entering a non-DH tourney I noticed it did some pretty funky stuff to the roster. Unfortunately, I didn't notice this until the tourney was underway, but something to keep an eye on.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:04 PM   #122
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
At this point I have no idea what I'm doing. As I said UNINTUITIVE. Then I check a tournament which is a best of 3 8-man (so up to 9 games in a row) and the AI has given me a 3-man starting rotation. Where did that come from??? So I quickly added Rixey and Hubbell to the starting rotation and the next tournament I enter Rixey and Hubbell are in the starting rotation.
I have no idea what you are doing either. Every tournament I enter it automatically uses the exact same depth chart as the last tournament of that type.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:07 PM   #123
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

AI completely took over my roster when the TWIPT tournament went live. I spent an hour carefully crafting my roster and the computer just decided to change everything on me.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:24 PM   #124
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I think the DH non-DH thing was messing with me. But can you save Bo3-DH and Bo3-nonDH. I don't think so, so I'm avoiding non-DH for the moment. My last tournament for the first time instead of getting "your roster fails sanity check", I got the "imported saved roster for this type" message.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:26 PM   #125
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Here is a problem. When I enter a new tournament of the same type I'm already in, it will overwrite the older tournaments roster with the new one if I change a player or two.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:46 PM   #126
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

In a LIVE 1500 cap tourney and there are 2 teams with over 1800 total points. I reported in the game.

Tourney ID: Q-CAP-15-Live-Bo5f7-T32-ID0

Not sure if any other info is needed.

Last edited by W0rmzbr0; 11-11-2019 at 09:47 PM.
W0rmzbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:47 PM   #127
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Not sure if it's been pointed out yet, but using the OOTP 20 classic skin, tournament status times are basically completely unreadable.

I mean, at least I think they are times...seriously, can't read them at all.
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:52 PM   #128
Alaric410
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Non-DH tournament asking for and accepting DH lineups

Essentially the title.

Q-Open-Live-Bo7-T64-ID0

Joined and went to set up my roster. It automatically imported a roster that I'd used in a Live DH tournament , which has DH lineups. I don't have an option for non-DH lineups and I was able to submit my DH versions.

I am the Bridgetown Blues.
Alaric410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:14 PM   #129
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Here is a problem. When I enter a new tournament of the same type I'm already in, it will overwrite the older tournaments roster with the new one if I change a player or two.
This seems like the biggest bug so far. Shouldn't be able to change rosters after tournaments begin. But, messing around with the roster in another tournament messes with other tournaments in progress.

Old 11-11-2019, 10:53 PM   #130
Alaric410
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaric410 View Post
Essentially the title.

Q-Open-Live-Bo7-T64-ID0

Joined and went to set up my roster. It automatically imported a roster that I'd used in a Live DH tournament , which has DH lineups. I don't have an option for non-DH lineups and I was able to submit my DH versions.

Update: Tournament has filled up and is ready to start. It is now wanting non-DH lineups. It kept my roster but has automatically created generic non-DH lineups. So the issue appears to be limited to the period between joining and the tournament starting.
Alaric410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:47 AM   #131
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

As a point of general feedback, the 128 team tournaments need a little bit of work.

They should be simming more often due to the sheer number of games involved in 7 rounds of best of 7s. However, there also is an issue with the rewards I feel. Because the tournament is such a large commitment time-wise if you go deep, you're potentially tying up a tournament entry slot for a much longer amount of time. I think this deserves a little more on the rewards front. The one I'm in currently pays 1st place with 2 gold packs, 2nd with 1 gold pack, and 3rd/4th with 2 regular packs. I think that extending the prize pool to include 5th-8th getting say 1 regular pack, and 16th-32nd getting a small PP reward would go a huge way to getting these big tournaments moving. This would mean 25% of the entrants win a prize, which puts it back on par with the 16 team tournaments where the top 4 players win a prize.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:30 AM   #132
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Is there a way to turn off team graphics? Loading into tournaments just takes forever because of these.

edit: I know that exhaustion is boosted in tournaments but I think it's a bit too much. Look at the screenshots of my staff and my opponents staff im the final series of a 64 man tournament.
Attached Images
Image Image 

F2P Team

Last edited by dancariaz; 11-12-2019 at 01:41 AM.
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:24 AM   #133
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
While I'm building my roster, if I have expiring auctions, the players keep getting dumped on my roster. Kind of tough to put a roster together when some random card drops in.
Can somebody please elaborate? What exactly happens and when?
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:28 AM   #134
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchthedamnball View Post
Quick PSA, if you export your rosters from a certain tournament after you've edited and perfected them, you can then import that roster (I'm not sure about this, but it should keep strategy presets as well) to whatever tournament rules allow it
Player strategy or global team strategy? Both should carry over, so please specify

Edit: I just tested this here, it works fine.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-12-2019 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:31 AM   #135
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Is there really no way to change a default once set? Every tournament I enter, I have to make at least 20 changes just to get it back to how my regular team looks with no way to make those changes STICK for the next entry???
They should stick. Please be more specific, what does not stick, for which tournaments etc.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:34 AM   #136
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
This seems like the biggest bug so far. Shouldn't be able to change rosters after tournaments begin. But, messing around with the roster in another tournament messes with other tournaments in progress.
So you're saying, when you are in an Quick Open (Tournament A), set rosters there, and it starts. And then you enter the same type (Tournament B), set rosters there and submit, it overwrites the rosters of Tournament A? Has A already started at that point?
Old 11-12-2019, 02:35 AM   #137
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaric410 View Post
Essentially the title.

Q-Open-Live-Bo7-T64-ID0

Yes, that is a bug. Essentially you'll have to wait until the tournament starts to be able to access the non-DH lineups for now.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:40 AM   #138
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
One thing to keep in mind as far as the AI mangling your pre-set rosters is that some tournaments have a DH and some are no DH. All of our standard lineups from PT are DH-based, so when entering a non-DH tourney I noticed it did some pretty funky stuff to the roster. Unfortunately, I didn't notice this until the tourney was underway, but something to keep an eye on.
Yes, there is something wrong here... we're still trying to figure out what exactly.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:09 AM   #139
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Can somebody please elaborate? What exactly happens and when?
I think he just means how cards get dropped back onto the inactive roster when an auction expires in normal PT...he saw this same thing happen in tournament PT. Cards were returning from auction and showing up in the tournament inactive roster while he was working on that roster. I can confirm I saw the same thing happen. While I was tinkering with one of my tournament rosters, a silver Denny McLain card I had up for auction went unsold and then slotted into the inactive roster for that tournament. Maybe this has something to do with main PT and tournament PT having a "semi-permeable" barrier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
So you're saying, when you are in an Quick Open (Tournament A), set rosters there, and it starts. And then you enter the same type (Tournament B), set rosters there and submit, it overwrites the rosters of Tournament A? Has A already started at that point?
Yeah. I entered one tournament. Then looked for a second tournament, and set my roster there (which was different than the roster in the 1st tournament). When I went back to check on the first tournament I had entered, I noticed the roster in that, previous tournament reflected some of the roster moves I'd made in the other, later tournament. And, yes, the previous tournament was already in progress.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 11-12-2019 at 03:10 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:13 AM   #140
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

One thing I'm confused about is the schedule of sims in the tournaments. I thought I read somewhere that tournament sims would go every 10 min, but it seems most of them are on the same 30-min clock as regular PT. I'm not sure if I misunderstood the original specs, if the devs have changed their mind about the 10 vs 30 min schedule, or if something else would explain this.