Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:59 PM   #1
DanKreider
Minors (Double A)

Next Update coming after MLB Draft?

Question for Devs, or anyone who may know:

Will there be a patch update dropped next week post Draft? Will it include draft selections? Anything else of note on it that would make someone want to hold off on starting a new game until after it comes out?

If it is 2-3 weeks out I may just start a new game now and do draft myself, otherwise if it is next week Id happily wait, just curious if anyone can comment?

Thanks!
DanKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:49 AM   #2
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKreider View Post
Question for Devs, or anyone who may know:

Will there be a patch update dropped next week post Draft? Will it include draft selections? Anything else of note on it that would make someone want to hold off on starting a new game until after it comes out?

If it is 2-3 weeks out I may just start a new game now and do draft myself, otherwise if it is next week Id happily wait, just curious if anyone can comment?

Thanks!
Dan, I sometimes wait as well early-on for a patch before starting my MLB universe, due to rosters etc...before opening day, and also to be sure to get the first couple updates working prior to getting my game underway.

But I am curious why you would wait till after the Draft this time. Do you think, or will there be changes to the actual draft class?

Note, I was thinking of doing the same, as in starting a new MLB game soon, which is why I ask.

-Cal

Last edited by Calvert98; 06-01-2019 at 02:51 AM.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 07:37 AM   #3
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

We need to be able to sign all Draft Picks to a Contract if you want updated Rosters that way.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:42 AM   #4
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
We need to be able to sign all Draft Picks to a Contract if you want updated Rosters that way.
There may have been some confusion in how I wrote my post.

Per the patch, I was just looking to possibly get an updated draft class if needed.

My roster comment was per the opening day rosters, which is what I usually wait for to be updated before I start my MLB team. Took two patches this year I think, but that is to be expected these days with all the odd-ball Roster moves with some teams and injuries.

So, if I start a new opening-day MLB team today, I was wondering if the next patch would have an updated draft class. If so, I'd wait for that. That was sort of my question, because I would still be starting on the normal OOTP MLB start date before opening day.

-Cal

Last edited by Calvert98; 06-01-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:47 AM   #5
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Draft Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
Dan, I sometimes wait as well early-on for a patch before starting my MLB universe, due to rosters etc...before opening day, and also to be sure to get the first couple updates working prior to getting my game underway.

But I am curious why you would wait till after the Draft this time. Do you think, or will there be changes to the actual draft class?

Note, I was thinking of doing the same, as in starting a new MLB game soon, which is why I ask.

-Cal

I always wait until after draft class is added before starting my SERIOUS universe. Believe it or not I like to draft as many players to the right team as possible. If some early round draft picks are not added I'll create players based on the Prospect rating. Ever since PT started I havn't done much with universe leages. That's the real reason I LOVE OOTP like I do. I've let myself get bogged down in PT & my interest is waning. I goota get out of PT & do what I love to do......Play Solo

BB
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:42 PM   #6
whaleheader
Minors (Triple A)

I generated about 1350 players from OOTP 20's last update. Although I may have missed a handful of matches, I have 375 matches with the MLB pool so far.
whaleheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:59 AM   #7
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
I always wait until after draft class is added before starting my SERIOUS universe. Believe it or not I like to draft as many players to the right team as possible. If some early round draft picks are not added I'll create players based on the Prospect rating. Ever since PT started I havn't done much with universe leages. That's the real reason I LOVE OOTP like I do. I've let myself get bogged down in PT & my interest is waning. I goota get out of PT & do what I love to do......Play Solo

BB
That is cool, and sort of funny, because that is real similar to my way of engaging-with and thinking about OOTP.

I do not have the guys going to the same teams in the draft (I like to "GM" that myself on behalf of my team), but I did find myself playing PT as something to do, while waiting for the updated Opening Day rosters, patches etc..., till my serious Universe was ready to go.

Candidly, my real MLB universe is a big time commitment and I lose-track of time quickly when immersed in it, because it is awesome. Shezzz, at times it takes me like over an hour to fill one staff position in the off-season. Also, I play out all of my games, so of course that adds to the time.

-Cal
Old 06-07-2019, 04:06 PM   #8
Galeg
Major Leagues

So what does happen with the draft if you start a Live game today?
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:00 PM   #9
Galeg
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeg View Post
So what does happen with the draft if you start a Live game today?

The answer, FYI, is that no one gets drafted and the draft is skipped.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #10
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

You can always Schedule it on a different day.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:33 PM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeg View Post
The answer, FYI, is that no one gets drafted and the draft is skipped.
I believe there's a chance that certain players who have signed will move to their new teams, although they may get added to the 40-man roster which is not desired. We're working towards a fix for this, and hopefully will have a proper solution when the next patch releases.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:18 PM   #12
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I believe there's a chance that certain players who have signed will move to their new teams, although they may get added to the 40-man roster which is not desired. We're working towards a fix for this, and hopefully will have a proper solution when the next patch releases.
good to hear this, i'd like to start a live start game in the near future but seeing how the draft was handled has been what has held me back from starting so far
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #13
TheBrewCrew
Minors (Double A)

I just started a Live Mariners one today and it looks like the players are just free agents.

Am I able to assign them teams in commissioner mode? I imagine the contracts might be screwy? I'm thinking about just holding off to next patch.

How would you guys handle this?
TheBrewCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:28 PM   #14
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Also in today's Live Start 6-8 Trading Block doesn't show anybody and in real life Giants and other Teams have guys on block or going to be Sellers in the future and like Keuchel on the Braves.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:29 AM   #15
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Matt,

Just to confirm, because I saw someone ask this in another thread: Will the 2019 Draft class be updated for the "Standard MLB 2019 Game start" in the next patch (I think it's 6/17?); I know after 2019 in the Standard Game, the game engine / feeder systems take over.

Actually, in a related question: does the game engine alter the Modern MLB Standard draft class as the game progresses in this current year? Like in the Standard 2019 MLB start, once it gets to June of 2019, even if the class is updated, could the game change the draft class by Draft day for this year (because the game engine may have some players not developing into that timeframe etc...)?

The reason I ask is if the game engine does alter the updated Draft Class of this current year, then I may go ahead and start a new game this week, rather than wait.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:26 AM   #16
TheBrewCrew
Minors (Double A)

Does anyone know the best way to do the draft with a "Live Start" game after the draft occurred?
TheBrewCrew is offline   Reply With Quote