Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:12 PM   #1
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Tournament Bug causing mass chaos in league

Ok so probably for ootp 19 I know but here it goes.

I have 3 separate major leagues.

I want them to play an all star weekend where the best of the best for all 3 leagues play 3 games to determine a league all star champ

I created a tournament league and had the 3 teams filled by the best players

I created the schedule and played the games with no playoff in July where all 3 leagues have their break.

It looked glorious. Everything went great UNTIL...

All star tournament was over and I got a message saying i was fired as GM. Perplexed I looked and all of my staff and coaches for all major league teams were fired.

I'm assuming the AI got confused and thought the major league was the tournament league since it was still active (that doesn't happen in my off season WBC tournaments) and got rid of the coaches like they do in tournaments.

Workaround. I set my league to winter league so that doens't happen HOWEVER the AI refuses to pick any players over 25 even when I set my age range higher than that so I have to have it set as a tournament first, have the AI pick the players, switch back to winter league so all my league coaches don't get fired after the tournament is over.

Things to fix: winter league should pick any player it's up to the user to set the age range not have it default as 25 or less. Main league Coaches from leagues affiliated in tournaments shouldn't get fired if the main league is still active once the tournament ends..

Last edited by andyhdz; 11-16-2017 at 08:14 PM.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #2
JophisDrazin
Bat Boy

I just had this same exact issue, except I made an All Star league with 16 separate leagues sending all stars. A few days after the tournament was over, every single staff position was wiped out except for minor leagues.
JophisDrazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #3
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Do the workaround and change it to a winter league right before the season ends so that doesn't happen. You'll have to change it back to a tournament mode later or else the AI wont' select players over 25 next time you run it.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #4
warneke
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
Ok so probably for ootp 19 I know but here it goes.

I have 3 separate major leagues.

I want them to play an all star weekend where the best of the best for all 3 leagues play 3 games to determine a league all star champ

I created a tournament league and had the 3 teams filled by the best players

I created the schedule and played the games with no playoff in July where all 3 leagues have their break.

It looked glorious. Everything went great UNTIL...

All star tournament was over and I got a message saying i was fired as GM. Perplexed I looked and all of my staff and coaches for all major league teams were fired.

I'm assuming the AI got confused and thought the major league was the tournament league since it was still active (that doesn't happen in my off season WBC tournaments) and got rid of the coaches like they do in tournaments.

Workaround. I set my league to winter league so that doens't happen HOWEVER the AI refuses to pick any players over 25 even when I set my age range higher than that so I have to have it set as a tournament first, have the AI pick the players, switch back to winter league so all my league coaches don't get fired after the tournament is over.

Things to fix: winter league should pick any player it's up to the user to set the age range not have it default as 25 or less. Main league Coaches from leagues affiliated in tournaments shouldn't get fired if the main league is still active once the tournament ends..
Great. There's a tournament bug. I just bought OOTP18 and the reason I did was because I saw the tournament option in the first tutorial video.

So, do tournaments work or not?

Last edited by warneke; 11-24-2017 at 05:28 PM.
warneke is offline   Reply With Quote