Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #1
And1pg2
All Star Reserve

Scroll Bars switching to Page Selectors

Hi all, I've posted my issue in the General Discussions and worked with Deja Bru to try and fix it but we have both no luck. When I try to view an entire list of catchers in my universe while including minor leaguers, it automatically goes to page selectors, which I do not want. I'm trying to export this whole list of a X position with minor leaguers so I can input it into excel. Could anyone help me here or explain why it's going to page selectors?

Thanks in advance!
And1pg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Likely because there's just too many. I didn't know it would default to page, thought it would just crash. Maybe to prevent that, I'm not sure.

What I'd do is find the longest list I could before it does that, with a bit of filter and experimentation to develop the largest chunks possible, exporting each one, then ultimately combining them into a single spreadsheet, if that's your intent.

Off the top of my head, I'd try to find one category that'd work- and this probably isn't it, but will serve as an example at least -say, Contact is at least 55, then Contact is below 30, then Contact is below 55 and then mass delete the below 30's (you snagged them already)....something on that order.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:07 PM   #3
And1pg2
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the reply but that can't be the case. It's only 829 players, I've exported draft pools this same way that are larger than that. I can do a scrolling list of a ML players that is 823 players and it works fine. Deja Bru was able to export a list of 1,100 players this same way. Unfortunately, it's specifically not working for me as soon as I include minor league players.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
And1pg2
All Star Reserve

Can anyone help me out with this?
Old 05-06-2017, 02:13 PM   #5
endgame
Hall Of Famer

If no one else answers the call, I'll try to have a look over the weekend. Lord willing, I'll get some OOTP time.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:32 PM   #6
And1pg2
All Star Reserve

Thank you sir. Please let me know if I can provide you more details.

It only does it once I include minor league players. I have made lists much larger and it's exported fine.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:43 PM   #7
And1pg2
All Star Reserve

As weird as this is, I am able to pull the list in the league that I use scouts. The league I don't use scouts in, I am not able to do it without going to page selectors. I hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:41 PM   #8
And1pg2
All Star Reserve

Anyone out there that can help? I'm now unable to do it with scouts either again.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:40 PM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Due to the way we load tables, if the default query has more than I believe 8k rows, then we switch to page selectors, even if the filters bring it down to much less. So basically once your DB has more than about 8k active players, we switch to page selectors.

Unfortunately, there's really nothing we can do about this without completely redoing the logic in how we build and load tables, so I don't think it's really possible to fix this for this year. We can revisit it again in the future. For now, the only way to avoid them completely would be to prune your universe of excess players to try to stay under that limit of active players.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #10
And1pg2
All Star Reserve

Hey Matt, thanks for getting back to me. I guess I am just confused as to why I can export a list of 1,000+ players in my draft class but I can't export a list of less than 1,000 catchers in my universe. Can you explain that a little to me? I appreciate your help!
Old 05-17-2017, 11:35 AM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1pg2 View Post
Hey Matt, thanks for getting back to me. I guess I am just confused as to why I can export a list of 1,000+ players in my draft class but I can't export a list of less than 1,000 catchers in my universe. Can you explain that a little to me? I appreciate your help!
A lot of it comes down to what group of players we pass into the table to generate the list. For the draft class, we only pass in the draft class, so we know that the table will never stretch past that row limit we have, and we can display it using scrolling.

However, for the Catchers list, the way we load the table, you might un-select the catchers filter and change that back to "All Players", so in that case, we pass in all the active players in the league. We tried looking into ways to pre-parse the list, or be able to export different parts than what is visible, but there are simply some technical issues with the way we do things in our tables that makes that impossible at the moment. Sorry for the issues.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote