Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Inside the Ropes

TBCB Inside the Ropes Your game and fantasy fights

Old 02-08-2017, 12:10 AM   #1
grevan
All Star Starter

Professional Boxers Association (v.2)

Well, here’s goes nothing.

A while back I tried to start a Uni based along the lines of the world tennis and golf tours which was almost entirely tournament based. Unfortunately I chose TBCB 2013 for that project and the less said about that the better. Now I’ve gone back to the far more reliable 2.5 and hope to get better results.

The tour will again be known as the Professional Boxer’s Association (or PBA) and have 96 active boxers. All fighters have been moved into one division and will be randomly selected. There will be 12 minor tournaments and four majors (WBA, WBA, IBF, WBO) each season held around the world. Each minor tournament will have a field of 32 boxers, the majors will have 72 (including a qualifying round). Boxers will be awarded points depending on their finishing position at each tournament, along with bonus points for knockouts. These points will form the Order of Merit for the following season and world rankings.

All fighters will start at beginning, be aged manually and have a career of between 11 and 16 seasons. As things progress there will be a Challenger Tour for new fighters, a Qualifying School and promotion and relegation from the PBA Tour.

But rather than get bogged down in details too soon, on with the show…
grevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:36 AM   #2
grevan
All Star Starter

The tournament schedule for Season 1 of the PBA has been released with the Italian Open in Rome the first event of the year.
Attached Images
Old 02-08-2017, 04:43 AM   #3
grevan
All Star Starter

Points will be awarded during the PBA season as per the Order of Merit table below. The scheduled distance for each round of Minor and Major tournaments is also listed.
Attached Images
Old 02-08-2017, 11:27 AM   #4
American_Ernesider
Major Leagues

Really intrigued with this! I too tried the "new" version, but ultimately had to go back to the more stable 2.5. Now my issue is that I have trouble getting my universe going, so I may blatantly steal from this!

You may be going into more detail, but I am curious about how your tournaments are working. Do you have a specific amount of time between fights based on the scheduled rounds? So if you have a 12 round bout, how soon before the 15 rounder?
American_Ernesider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:12 AM   #5
grevan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Ernesider View Post
Really intrigued with this! I too tried the "new" version, but ultimately had to go back to the more stable 2.5. Now my issue is that I have trouble getting my universe going, so I may blatantly steal from this!

You may be going into more detail, but I am curious about how your tournaments are working. Do you have a specific amount of time between fights based on the scheduled rounds? So if you have a 12 round bout, how soon before the 15 rounder?
Haha, steal away! I just have one day between each round so a minor tournament takes five days and a Major takes six. Not very realistic but let these guys earn their cash the hard way!
Old 02-09-2017, 04:03 AM   #6
grevan
All Star Starter

Pre-season

96 fighters have been randomly selected to take part in Season 1 on the PBA Tour. The top prospects, in alphabetical order, are;

Jack Blackburn (USA) - a slick boxer, excellent counterpuncher and has the best defence on the PBA Tour

Hugo Fidel Cazares (Mexico) - quality brawler who will force the pace and is a test for anyone

Jhonny Gonzalez (Mexico) - second only to Julian Jackson for power and also a fast starter

Julian Jackson (US Virgin Islands) - knockout power in both hands and always on the lookout for a quick finish

Jimmy Leto (USA) - light hitter but has excellent defence and a sharp jab

Freddie Little (USA) - a talented all-round boxer who shapes as one of the best fighters on the tour

Joe Mesi (USA) - hard hitter with a great chin and big heart

Robbie Peden (Australia) - a good jab backed up by solid skills across the board

Solly Smith (USA) - tremendous endurance and sharp counterpunching will keep him in most fights

Thomas Tate (USA) - entertaining fighter who does most things well and looks to be a top contender

And with that, it's on to the Italian Open in Rome to commence Season 1 of the PBA Tour.

Last edited by grevan; 02-09-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:56 AM   #7
grevan
All Star Starter

BLACKBURN TRIUMPHS IN ITALY

ASSOCIATED PRESS NOTES
Italian Open, Season 1, 5-9 February

Day 1
* 32 fighters including three Italians and hot prospects Jack Blackburn, Jhonny Gonzalez, Jimmy Leto and Hugo Fidel Cazares become the first combatants on the PBA Tour
* Lolenga Mock from the Democratic Republic of the Congo scores the first one-round knockout in PBA history when he decimates local Angelo Visini before a stunned home crowd

Day 2
* Jack Blackburn sends a second Italian, Romolo Casamonica, home with a comfortable points victory leaving just one local left in the tournament, Werther Arcelli
* Riding growing hometown support, Arcelli beats Roque Cassiani to progress to the quarter finals
* Hugo Fidel Cazares drops Rigoberto Riasco seven times en route to a sixth round knockout
* Jhonny Gonzalez gives Lolenga Mock a dose of his own medicine, kayoing him in three rounds

Day 3
* The luck of the draw pits the four pre-tournament favourites against each other in the quarter finals
* Cazares gives Blackburn fits for nine rounds and actually leads on one card before succumbing to a cut eye in round 10
* Heavy hitting Gonzalez sends shock waves through the remaining fighters when he ices Leto with a hook in round three
* Surprise packet, Argentina's Marcos Silvano Diaz qualifies for the semi's after a slugfest with Randy Caballero
* Arcelli continues his dream run with a convincing points win over Canada's Billy Irwin

Day 4
* In the first semi-final Jack Blackburn carefully navigates his way to a narrow decision over Jhonny Gonzalez, standing up to some huge Gonzalez shots while landing enough of his own counters to sway the judges
* In the other semi Werther Arcelli somehow survives three knockdowns in the first five rounds to wage an amazing comeback in round eight. He drops Diaz with an uppercut and then opens a nasty cut over the Argentinian's left eye. To hysteria from the crowd the referee calls a halt and Arcelli is in the final. The fight of the tournament.

Day 5
* Arcelli starts well in the championship bout, splitting the first four rounds but from there the classy Blackburn is in charge. In spite of the crowd cheering him on Arcelli can't get to the elusive Blackburn and by the final bell has been bloodied up by Blackburn's jab and slick combinations. The crowd gives Arcelli a rousing ovation as he is awarded the runner-up trophy and reserves a polite round of applause for the inaugural Italian Open champion, Jack Blackburn.
Attached Images
Old 02-09-2017, 09:31 PM   #8
michael92
Minors (Single A)

Excel

Great idea love that your thinking outside the box and helping all of us by putting out new ideas question are you making those stat and tournament sheets we see on excel ... i.e. run the fights and then just type up the results on Excel

Great idea I will be following you
michael92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:37 PM   #9
grevan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael92 View Post
Great idea love that your thinking outside the box and helping all of us by putting out new ideas question are you making those stat and tournament sheets we see on excel ... i.e. run the fights and then just type up the results on Excel

Great idea I will be following you
Thanks for that. Yes, just creating the sheets in Excel which requires typing the results manually after I run the fights. Basically, for the minor tournaments I create a group of 32 and let the Auto-scheduler set the fights which means the top two fighters can meet in the first round. I don't mind this because it can open up a run for someone like Arcelli in the Italian Open, whereby he avoided any of the top four until he got to the final. I also make sure that fighters from a country where a tournament is being held fight in their hometown. eg. the three Italians in the Italian Open
Old 02-10-2017, 01:01 AM   #10
grevan
All Star Starter

WAYNE THORNTON IMPRESSES IN PARIS

ASSOCIATED PRESS NOTES
French Open, Season 1, 19-23 February

Day 1
* Five Frenchmen are among the field for their home open but three are eliminated on the first day
* Two of the pre-tournament favourites, Joe Mesi and Robbie Peden, score easy victories but a third, Freddie Little, struggles to a split decision win

Day 2
* Peden beats France's Louis Acaries which makes Robert Amory the only hometown fighter left in the draw
* Amory excites the crowd by upsetting Freddie Little with a fifth round stoppage to book his place in the quarter finals

Day 3
* Wayne Thornton announces himself with a stunning win over Robbie Peden, dropping the Aussie four times on his way to a 9th round TKO victory
* Joe Mesi establishes himself as the man to beat, blasting out Luis Firpo in four rounds
* France's last hope, Robert Amory, drops a close decision to Argentina's Alberto Sicurella to exit the tournament

Day 4
* Thornton proves his win over Peden was no fluke, dropping Mesi in round 1 and then finishing him with a brutal cross in round 2 to book his place in the final
* Unheralded Colombian Jorge Monsalvo continues an impressive tournament, getting the better of Alberto Sicurella in six rounds

Day 5
* Monsalvo and Thornton wage an incredible battle for the French title. Thornton is down in the first from a vicious hook but bounces back in the second to drop Monsalvo with a perfectly placed combination. The two trade heavy blows over the next two rounds and then Thornton lands another combination in the fifth that sits Monsalvo on the canvas again. Monsalvo is down once more in round eight but just as Thornton goes for the kill Monsalvo catches him with an uppercut that puts the American down in the ninth. Knowing he is still behind, Monsalvo pushes the pace in the championship rounds but Thornton stays composed and careful, picking his shots better and keeping Monsalvo at a distance. At the final bell both men are spent but Thornton has controlled the fight down the stretch to earn a clear unanimous decision and become the first French Open champion.
Attached Images
Old 02-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #11
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Great effort. Main thing is you find an AU you enjoy mucking about with.

Cap
Old 02-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #12
Lee
Global Moderator

Good stuff, reading this has rekindled an idea I had about a cup competition that I could never flesh out. I am going to pirate a bit of this format if you don't mind and of course will be reading.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:26 PM   #13
grevan
All Star Starter

THE HAWK ON THE HUNT IN BERLIN

ASSOCIATED PRESS NOTES
German Open, Season 1, 5-9 March

Day 1
* There are just two Germans in the field for the inaugural German Open
* Early favourites are Julian "The Hawk" Jackson, Solly Smith and Thomas Tate who all win through to the next round

Day 2
* Japan's Hiroshi Kobayashi edges out Tate in a close but unanimous decision
* Hearts are in mouths as Julian Jackson gets dropped and almost stopped in the first round by Everth Briceno before bouncing back to kayo the Nicaraguan in the next round

Day 3
* All four quarter finals go to decision.
* Bert Schenk, flying the German flag proudly, puts Masanori Tokuyama down three times to progress to the semi's
* Kobayashi adds Solly Smith to his list of highly regarded victims while Spain's Gabriel Campillo moves quietly on with a solid win over Fritz Chervet
* Omar Sheika gives Julian Jackson a tough battle for five rounds but Jackson treats him like a yoyo over the second half, dropping Sheika in every round from six to ten

Day 4
* Schenk and Campillo wage a very close contest with both scoring knockdowns but the hometown hero gets the nod by a point on all cards, much to the joy of the crowd
* In the other semi-final Jackson and Kobaysahi feel each other out for two rounds before Jackson ends the fights abruptly in the third with a booming right cross

Day 5
* Expectations are high for Bert Schenk but Julian Jackson flies from his corner and unleashes a barrage of huge lefts and rights. Although he doesn't go down Schenk is left hanging on the ropes after a devastating uppercut and the referee comes to his rescue just over two minutes into the fight. In a stunning win Jackson goes home early with the German Open belt.
Attached Images
Old 02-12-2017, 10:37 PM   #14
michael92
Minors (Single A)

If I may charm in again was going to ask if you had a rule that let a certain amount of fighters from the country of the trny enter . Remind me how you select the fighters i.e. what years can you use are they all open from 1800s to now . Also how updated are you on who you are using ie any fighters from 2017?

Also I was always wanting to come up with a World Cup formate any one with a World Cup idea ? ...

Thanks guys really love this board
Old 02-13-2017, 02:05 PM   #15
grevan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael92 View Post
If I may charm in again was going to ask if you had a rule that let a certain amount of fighters from the country of the trny enter . Remind me how you select the fighters i.e. what years can you use are they all open from 1800s to now . Also how updated are you on who you are using ie any fighters from 2017?

Also I was always wanting to come up with a World Cup formate any one with a World Cup idea ? ...

Thanks guys really love this board
I use all the fighters that are in the database (about 7500). I moved all of them to the HW division and then let the autoscheduler select 48 random fights. The 96 fighters who were selected then became the inaugural PBA roster. I reset their records and changed them to "beginning" for the first season. The fighters are from any era, I left that in the hands of the autoscheduler. If they're in the database they can pop up in this uni.

96 works because there are 3 minor tournaments (of 32) proceeding each Major (with 64 fighters) so everyone has a chance to win some fights and gain a spot in the Major tournament (the WBC tournament will be up shortly along with some more explanation at how the field of 64 is arrived at). I make sure any fighters from the country of a particular tournament are in the field for that tournament. eg. There are only two Germans in the 96 fighters so both were in the German Open.

As for a World Cup I know there have been some attempts in the past, you can probably find previous threads with some excellent starting points. I plan to add a mid-season team team comp in Season 2 of the PBA, something along the lines of a straight knockout with 3-man teams or maybe even a Ryder Cup type USA v Europe contest. But I'll cross that bridge a little later.

Last edited by grevan; 02-13-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:05 PM   #16
grevan
All Star Starter

The PBA has announced the 16 seeds for the upcoming WBC Title tournament. As expected the three winners from Italy, France and Germany fill the top three positions with Julian Jackson the #1 seed. None of the seeds can draw each other before the "Sweet 16" but they can draw anyone else at any time, meaning they'll all be hoping to avoid the likes of the unseeded but very dangerous Freddie Little and Thomas Tate.

Overall, 48 fighters had at least one win in their initial minor tournament and therefore gain entry to the WBC tournament. Added to these, the President of the PBA (yours truly!) has also granted wildcards to eight more fighters, based on their performances in the minor tournaments. Charles Kemmic for instance dropped a unanimous decision to Jackson but given The Hawk's subsequent results that now looks pretty good.

That brings the field up to 56 and to round out the final eight places there will be a qualifying round. 16 fighters will be randomly selected to fight and the eight winners will progress into the first round of the WBC tournament. From there we'll whittle it down to one man, the inaugural WBC champion.
Attached Images

Last edited by grevan; 02-13-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:28 AM   #17
grevan
All Star Starter

WBC TITLE UP FOR GRABS IN LONDON

ASSOCIATED PRESS NOTES
WBC Title, Season 1, 24-30 March

Day 1
* 16 fighters, all 0-1 after their PBA debuts in minor tournaments across Europe, contest the qualifying round to earn a spot in the WBC tournament main draw
* None of the qualifiers stand out and most fights go the distance, apart from a disqualification ruled against Mexico's Omar Bernal

Day 2
* The first round begins and there are instant casualties among the seeds with six eliminated, most notably #4 Jorge Monsalvo and #5 Werther Arcelli
* Top seed Julian Jackson stops Frank Craig in round seven to start proceedings
* Unseeded danger man Thomas Tate takes out #15 Robbie Peden by unanimous decision but other lurking dangers in Freddie Little and Solly Smith are beaten in their first bout
* Four of the qualifiers win again with Jose Luis Rivera the best, earning a decision over #9 seed Marcos Silvano Diaz

Day 3
* More carnage for the seeded fighters as four more exit in round two.
* The most notable is #3 Jack Blackburn who is knocked out late in round eight by France's Louis Acaries
* The four remaining qualifiers are all eliminated
* Bunny Johnson follows up his first round defeat of Freddie Little by stopping #8 Joe Mesi in six

Day 4
* The round of 16 gets under way with a classic as Julian Jackson and #16 Randy Caballero wage a brutal war. Jackson is down for a 9-count in round four but survives and finishes Caballero with a devastating cross in the next round.
* Thomas Tate continues to cause havoc amongst the seeds, getting a desperately close decision over #2 Wayne Thornton
* Jimmy Leto ends Bunny Johnson's tournament while Louis Acaries continues his fine form, accounting for Luis Firpo
* #7 seed Jhonny Gonzalez knocks out Hiroshi Kobayashi and #6 Bert Schenk ends Ole Klemetsen's tournament as both men are the only seeds to join Jackson in the quarter finals

Day 5
Quarter Finals
* In the first quarter final #1 Julian Jackson and Jimmy Leto split the first two rounds but when Jackson catches Leto with an uppercut in the third the end comes quickly. After the first knockdown Jackson stalks Leto and levels him with a cross seconds before the bell to end round three and Leto is counted out.
* Surprise packet and wildcard recipient Jem Mace is next into the semi finals, taking a split decision over Masanori Tokuyama. After a hard, close bout the last round is chaos as Mace drops Tokuyama twice and also has a point deducted for leaning on Tokuyama's head.
* #7 Jhonny Gonzalez has too much for Thomas Tate, sending him to the canvas in round two and again in the fifth before he knocks Tate cold with a cross in round seven.
* Louis Acaries does it again, this time coming from behind to batter #6 Bert Schenk in the eighth round.

Day 6
Semi Finals
* In a stunningly vicious opening semi final Julian Jackson springs on Jem Mace and lands 54 unanswered punches in the first round, finally dropping Mace to the canvas just over two minutes into the bout. Mace never lands a punch.
* Jhonny Gonzalez proves too good for Louis Acaries in the other semi but try as he might just can't finish the durable Frenchman. All up Gonzalez lands 350 punches to 136, drops Acaries in the 10th and 11th rounds and scores a 10-8 in round four, even without a knockdown, but still has to go the distance.
* The Final promises to be an explosive contest with Julian Jackson's five wins coming inside the distance while Gonzalez has three stoppage victories in the tournament
Old 02-16-2017, 03:52 AM   #18
grevan
All Star Starter

WBC TITLE
Season 1, 30 March, Wembley Arena, London, England

#1-Julian Jackson v #7-Jhonny Gonzalez
The crowd is full of anticipation when the opening bell rings as the tournaments two biggest hitters meet to determine the inaugural WBC champion. Gonzalez answers the question as to how he'll handle Jackson immediately by charging across the ring and scoring with a hard cross then wraps the top seed in a tight clinch. They separate and moments later Gonzalez nails Jackson with an uppercut and then another right hand which backs Jackson up. Feeling confident Gonzalez pushes forward and has the round won until just seconds before the bell, when he drops his guard momentarily and Jackson uncorks a crushing hook that leaves Gonzalez in a heap at centre ring. The rounds ends as the referee is half way through his count but a fighter can't be saved by the bell in the PBA and the count continues as Gonzalez barely moves. With one monumental hook Julian Jackson is the WBC Champion, and officially the scariest fighter in the PBA.
Attached Images

Last edited by grevan; 02-16-2017 at 03:53 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:33 AM   #19
grevan
All Star Starter

With the first Major title of the year decided the PBA has released the current Order of Merit, which also doubles as the world rankings. Julian Jackson is #1 as expected and despite his crushing loss in the WBA tournament final Jhonny Gonzalez is #2.

The Order of Merit will come into play at the end of the season in determining who remains on the PBA Tour for season two. The top 50 will all automatically qualify while the rest of the current tour will need to re-qualify, competing against each other and a new batch of randomly selected fighters to fill the remaining positions.

The tour now moves on to tournaments in Russia, South Africa and the Philippines before the WBO Title in Tokyo, Japan in June.
Attached Images
Old 02-23-2017, 10:42 PM   #20
michael92
Minors (Single A)

Keep it up

Spread sheet looks great and the formate is well done and looks sharp ill scroll up and have a look but how do you get the points total for your fighters for your rankings