Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #581
sparker781
Minors (Double A)

So...

Is it okay to use these rosters? I am downloading 3.1 now but I've read that there are a bunch of issues with it?

Let me know
sparker781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:08 AM   #582
imdosk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey Cubby, I have two problems.

After I started a game with this roster, I added a human manager for Chicago Cubs.

But manager of Cubs is still Dale Sveum. It would have been me right?

My name even can't be found with searching.

And I went to 'Scouting & Personnel' and clicked 'Scouting' and it said 'No Scouting in this game' so I searched some scouting director then click 'offer contract' then popped up a window saying 'No jobs available' on select job section.

how do i solve this problems?
imdosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #583
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdosk View Post
After I started a game with this roster, I added a human manager for Chicago Cubs.

But manager of Cubs is still Dale Sveum. It would have been me right?

My name even can't be found with searching.

And I went to 'Scouting & Personnel' and clicked 'Scouting' and it said 'No Scouting in this game' so I searched some scouting director then click 'offer contract' then popped up a window saying 'No jobs available' on select job section.

how do i solve this problems?
When you take over as a human manager you will act as General Manager, not the field manager. Even if you play out the games the manager will still be listed as Dale Sveum (or current manager) under personnel. As for scouting Cubby has scouting turned off. That can be changed in the league options page but it will really destroy the financials.
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #584
sparker781
Minors (Double A)

I Screwed Up

I accidently added non Cubby's fans pictures to my game already in mid-season...Is there a way to add his back without having to restart the game?

Thanks
sparker781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #585
davec9
Bat Boy

Great Rosters

Cubby,

Thanks for the painstaking time you've spent creating these rosters.
davec9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #586
yougo1000
All Star Reserve

First off, these are great rosters! However I got into a bidding war with the Angels for Mike Napoli and the bidding went up to 42 million dollars. I have never thought of a bidding going that high. That is a really nice touch to the game.
Bulls
Hawks
and Kansas JayHawks
yougo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #587
waltwa
All Star Reserve

will these rosters work with 13?
waltwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #588
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltwa View Post
will these rosters work with 13?
they are made for 12 so to use them in 13 you will have to import them as you would any other game
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #589
waltwa
All Star Reserve

will cubby have rosters for 13 pretty quick? altho the game rosters seem decent
waltwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #590
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

I actually was part of the team that designed the OOTP13 rosters so no mega-roster set from me this year.

We used PECOTA for ratings in the roster set, and I'll probably use ZiPS for my online league that I'm starting, so if anyone is interested in that, I'll post that roster when I'm finished adjusting it. Won't change the set much, though.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #591
bdolan33
Bat Boy

maybe a dumb question but is there a 2012 out yet for this season?
bdolan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #592
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Actually, I've been putting together a file off of our OOTP13 MLB roster set with updated roster moves & injuries, player ratings re-rated based on ZiPS (personal preference, I like it more than PECOTA), and a 100% accurate Top 100 Baseball America prospect list.

I'll post it in the Mods section when I'm done if anyone would like a copy. Nothing as comprehensive as past sets, since I worked on the OOTP13 rosters, but still thought some may be interested.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #593
bdolan33
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
Actually, I've been putting together a file off of our OOTP13 MLB roster set with updated roster moves & injuries, player ratings re-rated based on ZiPS (personal preference, I like it more than PECOTA), and a 100% accurate Top 100 Baseball America prospect list.

I'll post it in the Mods section when I'm done if anyone would like a copy. Nothing as comprehensive as past sets, since I worked on the OOTP13 rosters, but still thought some may be interested.
Can u tell me where to find the original set u worked on until then? I bought OOTP on a recomendation of using your great rosters with it
bdolan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #594
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Check out the first post in this thread.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #595
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

I think I'm allowed one shameless plug per year, so here it is: NIBA is currently just opening, looking for some great owners. Will be posting the roster set we're using tonight.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d-rosters.html
Old 09-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #596
aewin
Major Leagues

Just a note for anyone using Cubbyfan's roster set (or any other roster set created in-game), it is worth considering running the Purge Deleted Data tool from the Database Info page to reduce your league file size, especially for online leagues. For Cubbyfan 2012 Rosters v3.1 there are 147 teams, 15,952 players and 1,429 coaches with deleted data to be purged.

To access the tool that removes the non-existent info: Click on the ootp tab and select "Database info". On the bottom right, click on "Tools" and select the last option "purge deleted records from database". Once that's done, exit the game.

If you are running the purge tool after starting your league you should backup beforehand.

Also, if you have player pictures generated already they will be screwed up because of changed player IDs. Here's the instructions for dealing with that (from Endgame):

Delete all the picture files in /person_pictures and /Profile_pictures. That will force OOTP to create new pictures, using the existing face data. So the players will look the same, if they have face data.

This means that the player will have a new pic 'created', if you haven't clicked on them before but it will use the existing data so their face won't change. For players you have not clicked on before, well, you shouldn't know the difference.

Last edited by aewin; 09-24-2012 at 11:31 PM.
aewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #597
kev24fan
Major Leagues

I would love to get an updated default OOTP13 roster. With roster moves to some point in the season (mid season or roster expansion would be great.)
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #598
SportsFan00
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev24fan View Post
I would love to get an updated default OOTP13 roster. With roster moves to some point in the season (mid season or roster expansion would be great.)

I would love this as well..I would do it.. but I'm not great at ratings,etc.
SportsFan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #599
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Un-stickying this thread

As there has not been a substantive post since 2012, I am removing the sticky from this thread.
Download Facepack & more at tnfoto's Baseball Photos Homepage
Photo threads: 2022 Debuts Majors Managers Coaches Umpires Minors Negro League Image Requests General Image Discussion
tnfoto is offline   Reply With Quote