Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 03-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #221
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
question about the patch... besides the roster part do we need to start a new file when we get the new patch or can we continue our file...
You can continue it. You're less likely to run into old problems if you start a new game, but saves from previous versions will be compatible.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #222
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

I've really been dying to get into this again. So excited to see the hard work of all these guys in the updates.

With that being said I wish this was released right now! lol. I want to play so bad today/tonight before I have to go sleep and get up early for work. By the looks of it it'll be late EST time... tomorrow it is then!
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:51 PM   #223
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimitdad View Post
You seriously think that NHL Managers tell their coaches "what to do"? Managers (and owners) hire Coaches based on their "attributes" and then let them do their job while the Managers build the team around a style that best fits the Coach.
Yes they do.

They tell their coach to scratch players because they have a pending trade coming up.

They tell their coach to play players more or less to keep them happy when contract negotiations are coming up.

They tell their coach to play that young rookie because his parents are at the game.

They give instructions to the coach on a regular basis on several matters.

Ivan
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:26 PM   #224
Cards>Cubs
Minors (Single A)

Latest from Jeff in the official update thread.

Quote:
Alright, I have to spend a little while doing last-minute tests of basic functionality and the installer right now to make sure nothing critical got broken during the final fixes today, and then the next message you see from me after this one should be the patch announcement unless something has gone seriously wrong in those areas. Unfortunately, though, the Mac version is going to be delayed until tomorrow; Sebastian's been wrestling with it all day but he's going to need a few more hours than the Windows one is going to take, so it won't be out tonight.

Thanks for all the communication and keep up the good work.
Cards>Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #225
Stat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Shame about the Mac version but hopefully I'll survive till tomorrow.

Hopefully.

The communication has been great so far. Thanks JeffR!
Stat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:27 PM   #226
Cards>Cubs
Minors (Single A)

Should I be embarrassed that IM leaving a window open and refreshing this forum page every few mins while watching the Blues game?

Cant wait for this update. Havent really played much becasue some of the issues I just couldnt look past, this update takes care of a lot of those issues.

Also, Ryan Miller!!!

Go Blues!!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:29 PM   #227
bsimons77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards>Cubs View Post
Should I be embarrassed that IM leaving a window open and refreshing this forum page every few mins while watching the Blues game?

Cant wait for this update. Havent really played much becasue some of the issues I just couldnt look past, this update takes care of a lot of those issues.

Also, Ryan Miller!!!

Go Blues!!

No, I'm doing the same thing...just finished watching my Bruins hang on and beat Phoenix, now want to see if Miller can get me another goalie win..and refreshing the page as well!
bsimons77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:30 PM   #228
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

We all knew before the Mac version wasn't going to make it at the same time as the PC version.

OOTP has a really really passive way of working its not something I like a lot.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #229
TheAlaskan
Minors (Single A)

Ah, I cannot wait for this to come out. I haven't played for a couple of months because I too had some major points of pain with the game and I'm itching to start again!

The Memorial Cup is mine!
TheAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:08 PM   #230
Cards>Cubs
Minors (Single A)

Old 03-13-2014, 10:25 PM   #231
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

either gonna play as Rochester or make my quebec nordiques expansion team that i designed on paper
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:55 PM   #232
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

YES YES YES..Finally :-)
Parker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:02 PM   #233
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

ugh i just uninstalled the game before i released the licence....
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:07 PM   #234
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins86 View Post
ugh i just uninstalled the game before i released the licence....
If you're out of licenses, PM me, I can get Andreas to reset it (although probably not for a few hours, it's the middle of the night over there.)
Old 03-14-2014, 12:30 AM   #235
Acehawk74
Bat Boy

I did a Fresh install, and the game says it cannot activate, to try again later.

Been doing that for about 20 min now.

Am I out of licenses, or is this a common issue?
Acehawk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:41 AM   #236
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehawk74 View Post
I did a Fresh install, and the game says it cannot activate, to try again later.

Been doing that for about 20 min now.

Am I out of licenses, or is this a common issue?
Yeah, there's a good chance that's the problem, the activation servers shouldn't be busy for that long this time of day. PM me your order number and I'll get the license reset for you.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #237
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Missing Shot Flag Icons on Rink Display?

Jeff,

I installed the patch and continued a game I had started before (the one you looked at) and the game runs fine with new parts added but I do not see the Rink Flags. I started a new game in Commisioner Mode and got a job in the KHL. Started play with still no flags. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall or is this suppose to happen?

I like the new changes but am curious.

Thanks!
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #238
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb2687 View Post
Jeff,

I installed the patch and continued a game I had started before (the one you looked at) and the game runs fine with new parts added but I do not see the Rink Flags. I started a new game in Commisioner Mode and got a job in the KHL. Started play with still no flags. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall or is this suppose to happen?

I like the new changes but am curious.

Thanks!
Yeah, at this point reinstalling is definitely the best bet - I'm wondering if your copy of the file with the flags is corrupted, and didn't get replaced during the new installation (since we didn't make any changes to it.) Remeber to unlicense your game before doing the reinstallation.

Just to rule out the obvious, though - you're not immediately hitting "sim end" to get to the end of the game, are you? The flags won't be shown in that case (they do appear if the sim is just to the end of the period.)
Old 03-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #239
Johnny93g
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanIvanovich View Post
Yes they do.

They tell their coach to scratch players because they have a pending trade coming up. Rarity, but that's just common sense

They tell their coach to play players more or less to keep them happy when contract negotiations are coming up.No, that's just dumb and insults both the players and the coaches intelligence

They tell their coach to play that young rookie because his parents are at the game.again, no, coaches are capable of developing rookies without being told to

They give instructions to the coach on a regular basis on several matters.GM's and coaches talk daily about lineups, and situations. It's a constant working relationship. Any GM that insists on having a final say in lineups will have a hard time finding a coach that will work for them

Ivan
come on
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #240
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, at this point reinstalling is definitely the best bet - I'm wondering if your copy of the file with the flags is corrupted, and didn't get replaced during the new installation (since we didn't make any changes to it.) Remeber to unlicense your game before doing the reinstallation.

Just to rule out the obvious, though - you're not immediately hitting "sim end" to get to the end of the game, are you? The flags won't be shown in that case (they do appear if the sim is just to the end of the period.)
Jeff,
Thanks for the response....I will reinstall and let you know. If the file is corrupted the reinstall will replace it? Or do I need to do some manual manipulations?
To answer your question I actually tried it several ways....letting the clock wind down, Sim to end of period, and speeding up time. Same result each time....each time the rink was empty.

Thanks again!
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote