Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #21
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn2187 View Post
Hi Gambo. I think i'm posting this in two spots, but I just cannot figure this out.

im a bit confused by this chart. In your 2013 version , you listed Joe Robbie Stadium in Florida (marlins old park) with some monster offensive boosting factors. (+17% LHR, +21% RHR)

However , that stadium was known for being a horrible place for batters. In fact, in your very own 2007 and 2011 versions of the file it was rated as I state . The HR factors were: -23% LHR and -21% RHR

I don't understand how the numbers suddenly reversed so drastically even if the formula has been rewritten? I've looked up the factors online and they definitely show a suppression of offense in that park.

I admit I could be reading the chart wrong. I am starting a 1993 Historical season with the Marlins so thats why I'm looking.

Thanks for your clarifications.
Yeah i dont get that either Joe Robbie was known for a place where homeruns go to die.
2011 chart .777 .794 2013 1.171 1.219. odd
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:50 AM   #22
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Likely what's causing the issue with Joe Robbie is simply the affect the temperature/humidity adjustment is having.

At 82 degrees (15 degress above the average) and a higher than average humidity the chart is going to show a boost in home runs.

The issue with doing the chart this way is it takes into account general weather and not specific weather based on the parks location and arrangement. For example I live in Oklahoma and he have a pretty consistent wind here (hence the song) and it typically always goes in a variation of one direction. (e.g. always W-E). Depending on how you lay out a ballpark it will make a big difference on how it plays even at the same location. Joe Robbie may be designed so that the natural wind usually blew in and cut homers. I just don't know.

If you look at the carry factor for Joe Robbie it's an 8. The natural wind may prevent carrying.

Here are the home run splits
@8 = 1.171 / 1.219
@4 = 0.958 / 1.006
@0 = 0.718 / 0.766

So yes...in it's natural form (average heat/humidity) Joe Robbie is "death to homers". It's carry in the chart is giving the boost.

Joe Robbie is also a case where the stadium was not designed for baseball. Whereas if it was they may have arranged the field so it either was less hampered by the wind or at an angle where it went across the field.

The stadium chart is not perfect for reasons shown above. I always invite users to use it as a guide and make adjustments if needed based on your knowledge of the park. Especially for the Major League Parks where other information is known.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #23
mayberrb
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Need Help Opening Ballpark Files

I had no problems downloading the Gambo Ballparks file and was looking forward to loading them into OOTP 14 for my historical leagues.

But the downloaded file is an ".rar" file which doesn't open in Macintosh. Or at least I don't know how to open it.

Any advice for someone who's been playing OOTP on his Mac for 7 years now?
mayberrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #24
tdmsu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Importable Ballpark Files

I had the same issue on my Mac, but I found rarexpander here: http://rarexpander.sourceforge.net/
It's free and works very well. Good luck!
tdmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #25
mayberrb
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmsu View Post
I had the same issue on my Mac, but I found rarexpander here: RAR Expander
It's free and works very well. Good luck!
Elegant solution! Thank you!
mayberrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #26
Jax Powers
Minors (Double A)

A related question, but didn't want to post a new thread.

Does anyone have a formula or spreadsheet that will figure ballpark factors based on park dimensions and wall height.

It looks like the game doesn't figure this so was wondering if anyone as devodted as Gambo could help me out.
Jax Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #27
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Powers View Post
A related question, but didn't want to post a new thread.

Does anyone have a formula or spreadsheet that will figure ballpark factors based on park dimensions and wall height.

It looks like the game doesn't figure this so was wondering if anyone as devodted as Gambo could help me out.
Gambo has this in his seating chart file on ootpmods.com.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #28
HuachucaThunder
Minors (Triple A)

Disregard everyone. Through trial and error I FINALLY figured out what I was doing wrong

I am having a hard time using Gambo's Importable Ballpark PRK mod. I have downloaded it, but I can get nothing to open. I can use WinZip to unzip the entire file to get a list of the ballparks with no problems. The problem occur when I am trying to import them into OOTP 14. I have tried two different ways. First I have tried to unzip/open the specific ballpark file, ie Anaheim Stadium, and WinZip asks if I want to add it to the archive. I go through those steps but still nothing. I have tried to even add the entire file to the ballparks directory in OOTP 14 and then unzip from there, but it asks me the same things as I stated previously. If anyone has any suggestions or tips, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by HuachucaThunder; 09-07-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Corrected Issue
HuachucaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #29
MarkJ
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Please forgive an ignoramus. When I download the file Gambo's Importable Ballpark prk Files I get a file my computer insists on calling an excel file.At any rate, I can't find any .prk files. How do I get my computer and thus OOTP13 to recognize this so I can import files into my game?

And just to be sure I understand this thread, this file will give me park dimensions but there are other files that give jpg images of the parks, correct? By the way, I am primarily interested in Pacific Coast League parks such as Sick's Stadium, Wrigley Field, Gilmore Field, etc.

Thanks!

MarkJ
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #30
MarkJ
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I should mention, btw, that even though my computer is insisting this is an excel file, excel can't open it without displaying a lot of gibberish. I think my file associations got messed up and I can't figure out how to reset it. Re-downloading doesn't help, it still gets saved with an excel association.
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #31
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
I should mention, btw, that even though my computer is insisting this is an excel file, excel can't open it without displaying a lot of gibberish. I think my file associations got messed up and I can't figure out how to reset it. Re-downloading doesn't help, it still gets saved with an excel association.
Late to the party, but you don't open .prk files, you open the .rar select all and extract into your OOTp14/ballparks folder

Then in OOTP, you go to team setup--edit ballpark and import ball park factors

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote