Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Importable Ballpark Files

Since we don't have a ballpark importer anymore (and haven't for years now) I had a park.dat file I always carried over to leagues that I've updated.

Well now since we can import/export all the .prk files, I figured I would go ahead and send it to OOTPmods.com.

Within the game you can import these parks and when combined with my ballpark image files over at OOTPmods you should have about 700 stadiums to choose from.

If you want to add on to this I guess we can make this the place...

Sorry, these factors should no be considered not up to date. They are still workable but the new chart is much better.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3507360

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com

Last edited by Gambo; 05-20-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I guess I should note. These are the stadiums included in my stadium database. So these are real historical stadiums. Keep in mind, the original was done in 2007 so I don't think Target Field or the finalized dimensions for many of the new ballparks are there as they were still conceptual.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 04-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

A couple quick questions...

I'm unfamiliar with using custom ballparks. How would we go about using these in the game? Would these give us the proper historical park factors?
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:46 PM   #4
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

These are the importable .prk files. From the edit ballpark screen you can import ballparks. It has park factors based off historical dimensions (also imported) and should contain the picture file name from my stadium picture compilation.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #5
js1519
Minors (Triple A)

Are some parks missing because you couldn't find an image? I'm using this great set of ballparks for a federal league but for ex federal league park buffalo has no image, or am I missing it somewhere?
js1519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I didn't include the pictures in this but they should be in the separate stadium packs and named right.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
js1519
Minors (Triple A)

Oh ok well I though I dl'ed those too since most images match your park files, like I said maybe I missed it. I'll check again on it but thx for the hard work on the park files, appreciate it
Old 04-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

This would still work for 13 won't it? This will come in handy for my redo of Captain Walrus All timers league.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #9
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by js1519 View Post
Oh ok well I though I dl'ed those too since most images match your park files, like I said maybe I missed it. I'll check again on it but thx for the hard work on the park files, appreciate it
Actually, i miss read this the 1st time. There is no photo I could find of the time of the Federal League Park in Buffalo.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-27-2013, 03:47 AM   #10
js1519
Minors (Triple A)

Ok good so I wasn't losing my mind lol. I saw you had a .prk file for it but I couldn't track down an image anywhere I looked.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #11
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Gambo, I was going to set up one of those "Ping:" threads but since I see this one is still active, I'll say it here:

Thanks for the incredible amount of work that you must have put into all of those park data files and your willingness to share the results with the community. I downloaded your Importable Ballpark PRK Files for use with my semi-historical fictional league and I was amazed: there are 679 files in that download!

I'm guessing that you manually entered the data into the game from your equally impressive Stadium Chart, one by one, and exported them as prk files. My gosh.

Thanks again.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
This would still work for 13 won't it? This will come in handy for my redo of Captain Walrus All timers league.
Nope haven't tried it but I doubt it. and 13's won't work in 14..that's why I told you to wait awhile back if you were getting 14 if you remember.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #13
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post

I'm guessing that you manually entered the data into the game from your equally impressive Stadium Chart, one by one, and exported them as prk files. My gosh.

Thanks again.
Actually, lucklily no. There used to be a stadium importer program where you could export the league data to a .csv file and then make the changes to reimport to the game.

Either RedSox or Tony M had it but it stopped being usable in OOTP10 I think when the park stuff was changed.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 05-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #14
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

I amy be missing something but dont these images have to be in the .jpg format? I am not sure what to do with the .prk image.
Nick Soulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #15
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Sorry guys, I've updated the stadium chart and though these factors are workable they are going to much different than those in the updated chart.

Here's the link...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3507360

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 05-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #16
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Are you planning to update your mod with your new chart data?
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #17
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

The only reason we have those importable files is because there was a ballpark importer done by Tony_M 5-6 years ago that allowed me to copy all the old factors into an excel sheet and then import into the game. Then since I walked up my parks.dat each version I could just export them as .prk files when that option became available.

But since the importer no longer works. It would have to be done by hand. So until then I'll just be reexporting them as I update them in leagues I do.

So I'd say technically no to updating anytime soon.

Really kinda stinks. All these utilities and no ballpark importer...

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 06-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #18
Jupiter
Minors (Single A)

Gambo, maybe I am just being very dense, but can you let me know where on the ootpmods site (or elsewhere) I can find the ballpark images to go with these PRK files? The only image sets I could find were from 2007 and the images do not seem to work with OOTP 14. Am I just missing something obvious?

Thanks!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #19
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
Gambo, maybe I am just being very dense, but can you let me know where on the ootpmods site (or elsewhere) I can find the ballpark images to go with these PRK files? The only image sets I could find were from 2007 and the images do not seem to work with OOTP 14. Am I just missing something obvious?

Thanks!
Those are them and there images should work with OOTP14. They are jpegs and should go in the ballparks folder.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 06-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #20
saturn2187
All Star Reserve

Hi Gambo. I think i'm posting this in two spots, but I just cannot figure this out.

im a bit confused by this chart. In your 2013 version , you listed Joe Robbie Stadium in Florida (marlins old park) with some monster offensive boosting factors. (+17% LHR, +21% RHR)

However , that stadium was known for being a horrible place for batters. In fact, in your very own 2007 and 2011 versions of the file it was rated as I state . The HR factors were: -23% LHR and -21% RHR

I don't understand how the numbers suddenly reversed so drastically even if the formula has been rewritten? I've looked up the factors online and they definitely show a suppression of offense in that park.

I admit I could be reading the chart wrong. I am starting a 1993 Historical season with the Marlins so thats why I'm looking.

Thanks for your clarifications.
saturn2187 is offline   Reply With Quote