Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Version 0.9.9 Game and Data Update Now Available

Our second game update, Version 0.9.9, is now available, and also includes this week's data update:

FHM - Update 0.9.9

Installation instructions: After you download the file just install it over your existing game (you don't need to un-install the old version first!). Make sure to select the correct path to your game if needed.

Note that you may need to clear your browser cache to get the correct file, as the file name is the same as previous versions. The correct file size is 37,958 KB and the game should show 0.9 BETA Build 9 on the Game Start Screen after updating. If you get a different file or the game continues to show Build 4 after updating, clear your cache and re-download. If that still doesn't work, try downloading from this alternate link.

Saves from earlier versions are not compatible with this version!

Changes/Fixes/Additions:

*** 0.9.9 (21 March 2013) ***

Crash Fixes:

Crash when trying to view skater stats after using search function.
Crash after editing the length of staff contracts.
Crash when goalie is assigned to skater position.
Occasional crash when clicking on names on Goalie Leaders page.
Occasional crash when using Ask Assistant to set lineup after a trade.

Other Bug Fixes:

Junior players with NHL contracts no longer have those contracts switched to the junior team.
No longer able to add untouchable players to a trade via the player profile action button.
User's own team no longer refusing to trade some players.
Generic name "Jo Avg" no longer replaces names of retired players on transaction reports; links in those reports will now go to the correct player record.
Draft order no longer being calculated twice.
Popup label on "Giveaways" column in Skater Stats 1 no longer says "Goals Against."
Occasional instances of no players being available for selection in 2014 draft fixed.
Elitserien playoffs no longer occasionally start before the end of the regular season.
Contract offers made to players who subsequently retire no longer transfer to their 14-year-old replacements.
Incorrect team names/abbreviations displayed in in-game view.
Incorrect value displayed for single-season hits record on leaderboard.
Players no longer disappear when a team exceeds its import quota.
Inverted home-away games on KHL schedule corrected.
No longer impossible to access trading block or trade offer screen on the trading deadline.
No longer possible to play a game twice because play option remains available after using "Finish Today."
Enough replacement players now being generated to populate lower leagues.
Major Junior teams no longer ignore player rights of other CHL teams.
When scrolling from a scouted to an unscouted player using previous/next, star ratings from previous player no longer remain visible.
2014 NHL playoffs no longer occasionally not occurring.
Trading of draft picks no longer stops after 2012-13.
Large number of new players from non-hockey countries no longer being generated.
Injured players no longer occasionally impossible to place on injured list.
Names on goalie leaders page no longer go to wrong page when clicked on.
Team names now saved properly when edited.
Wrong game no longer appears when attempting to view summaries of KHL playoff games.
Traded draft picks no longer remaining with team that traded them.
KHL teams no longer placing too many young players on trade list.
Extremely cheap ($1000) contract extensions in some leagues no longer occurring.
Career stats screens for goalies no longer display NHL instead of correct league name.
Exiting while in in-game view no longer causes issues with game summary.
Clicking on player names while viewing mental ratings or goalie stats in roster overview no longer links to wrong player.

Changes:

New method for AI to evaluate value of draft picks; should be more variety in the picks included in AI trades now (they won't always be 4th rounders).
Player valuation now considers usefulness of player's ratings for his position and style of play.
Historical finances now operating at much more realistic levels (team budgets are still being allowed to vary for now, this may be changed to a fixed amount if they rise or decline too much.)
Historical games now require a save name before starting.
Recall waivers have been removed from the NHL.

Data Changes (not a complete list):

Players debuting in 81-82 and 82-83 added to historical database.
NHL transactions accurate as of Wednesday, March 20 (give or take a couple of rookie signings where details aren't available yet. Zac Boychuk's waiver pickup also didn't make it in, but he'll probably be somewhere else by next week, anyhow.)
Data editing was affected by the website outages last weekend, so not as many leagues as usual had work done - there are changes to the NHL, ECHL, NCAA, OHL, QMJHL, KHL, Swiss, Czech, German, Finnish, UK, and Swedish data this week.

Note:

Certain letters in Czech player and team names are appearing as ? or W on some screens. It's particularly noticeable because a number of Extraliga skaters were rated too strongly in this update and tend to get signed by NHL teams in the first offseason. We'll address both issues in the next update.

Last edited by JeffR; 03-21-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
Vendo
Bat Boy

maybe wrong section.. but in your post i can see that there are changes in czech league.. but i cannot pick czech league in the game... i am tard or czech league isnt avalible yet?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendo View Post
maybe wrong section.. but in your post i can see that there are changes in czech league.. but i cannot pick czech league in the game... i am tard or czech league isnt avalible yet?
Not playable yet, but the data is being updated and it's getting closer to being ready.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
The Leaf
Bat Boy

I don't seem able to start a historical game, any idea on the issue?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leaf View Post
I don't seem able to start a historical game, any idea on the issue?
What's happening when you try to start it? If it's saying "Invalid Game Name", you need to enter something in the "Name:" field.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #6
deandean1998
Minors (Triple A)

downloading the beta now
Now, If I had money for your games, You would have thousands of dollars, but alas.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #7
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Date of Birth in Historical Leagues only goes to 1970 and for 2000 Al Maclnnis only shows up on Blues Roster and no unsigned Prospects.

Last edited by mgom27; 03-22-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #8
Danin
Bat Boy

Since I downloaded this build, my game crashes right to desk top whenever i try to do anything with my team roster. If i try to do line changes it crashes, if I try to look at my roster it crashes. I can look at things for the league just not in regards to my team. Please help, thanks.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #9
lightz
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danin View Post
Since I downloaded this build, my game crashes right to desk top whenever i try to do anything with my team roster. If i try to do line changes it crashes, if I try to look at my roster it crashes. I can look at things for the league just not in regards to my team. Please help, thanks.
Are you trying to play on an old save file?
Old 03-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danin View Post
Did you start a new game (something else should not be possible)? Which team do you take over. And when exactly does it crash, the moment you open your teams roster?
Old 03-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #11
The Leaf
Bat Boy

It won't let me pick a database, when I click OK it says 'Invalid Database Version'
Old 03-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #12
Canuck82
Minors (Single A)

When selecting a historical season, it goes to the select a database page - which is blank - and when you continue it will not create a league saying there is an invalid database issue.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck82 View Post
When selecting a historical season, it goes to the select a database page - which is blank - and when you continue it will not create a league saying there is an invalid database issue.
Invalid database, or invalid game name? If it's the name, you need to enter a save name in the "Name:" field. If it's saying database, you may need to try uninstalling and reinstalling, it sounds like there's something wrong with the default database.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #14
Canuck82
Minors (Single A)

Invalid database, but only on the historical game. It runs the current game in the modern mode fine however.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #15
Canuck82
Minors (Single A)

OK - I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling build 9 (the most recent one) and it seems to be working again. I have no clue what happened
Old 03-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #16
toonzer
Bat Boy

i just downloaded 0.9 update and keep crashing after simulating 1 week.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #17
tfong
Minors (Single A)

Keep it going! I'm patiently waiting for updates and checking in all the time. Just waiting to make sure the game is progressing before I buy into the beta

(Had another game similar just get abandoned after I put in my cash so a bit hesitant.)
Old 04-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #18
SanteS
Minors (Rookie Ball)

When the new beta build is coming ?
Old 04-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #19
Peter10
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanteS View Post
When the new beta build is coming ?
Good question, but more importantly, any fixes to the trade engine yet? To me thats a make it or break it thing. No matter how good the game is otherwise, without a rock solid trade/signing engine, the game will be a fail, at least when it comes to play the NHL, as this is the bread an butter of all manager sims.