Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:32 AM   #41
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P413: Wide-Open NC, 3-Powerhouse AC

In P413, the NC looks like it will be an exciting, evenly matched conference that could go a number of different ways. Only one team has a run differential greater than 100 in the first third of the season: the Belltown Bums, at +125. Because they are somehow already 7 games under their Pythagorean projected record, though, they currently trail the St George Slammers (+61) and Elon BrewBallers (+75) in the race for the best NC record. Of course, St George and Elon are both in the NC East, so that will be a fascinating division to watch play out.

In the AC, the teams with Perfect League championships are dominating so far: Huntley, Kingston, and Aliquippa all have winning percentages of at least .750, while only one other team, the Dodge City Prairie Dogs, are above .500. Because Aliquippa and Kingston are both in the AC Central, the AC East is wide open, with the last-place U.A. Plus Ultras closer to first place (6.5 games back) than the second-place AC West Prairie Dogs and third-place AC Central White City Eagles (both 13.5 games back).

Huntley and Aliquippa faced each other 7 times in May, and while the series themselves were competitive--each team won the road series, as Aliquippa took 2 of 3 in Huntley and Huntley took 3 of 4 in Aliquippa--the individual games, by and large, were not. Aliquippa's lone home win, for example, was a 16-1 thrashing of Huntley's Don Sutton (3.2 innings, 7 runs), Cy Blanton (0.2 innings, 6 runs), Warren Spahn (2.0 innings, 2 runs), and Vida Blue (1.2 innings, 1 run), while their 2 wins at Huntley were by 6-0 (Ed Walsh: 9.0 innings, 5 hits, 11 Ks) and 5-2 scores. Huntley, for its part, won 8-1 and 4-0 (Ed Walsh/Blanton/Eck/Blue combining on the shutout) at Aliquippa and also managed to win the 2 close games, 4-3 in Huntley and 5-4 at Aliquippa.

Third-of-the-way standings follow...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:45 AM   #42
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs are 36-19 and own a 4.5 game lead in the AC East. My feeling is the team hasn't quite gotten its act together yet and should get hot at some point in the future. The offense has been pretty good (2nd in runs) after boosting the batting average ballpark factors from 1.05 to 1.075, but the pitching has somewhat unexpectedly taken a bit of a dive. It's one thing to be doing marginally worse, but 4/5 of the starting rotation currently has an ERA over 4, including Ed Walsh (4.33 ERA). The bullpen ERA is 2.65 compared to the rotation's 4.22. Odd, and probably not sustainable.

Dusted off silver Tony Gwynn and his 92 CONvR to get the most out of the ballpark factor boost, and it's not at all surprising he's pacing the conference with a .388 batting average. He's on the prowl for his 4th PL batting title. Other than Gwynn, 5 regulars are batting over .300: Spanky (.411), SE Ichiro (.347), SE Goose Goslin (.322), SE Luke Appling (.317), and SE Lenny Dykstra (.313).

Finally completed the Atlanta Braves collection of missions (thanks my dude for that 91 Hammerin' Hank) and am rocking both SE 97 Rogers Hornsby and SE 100 John Smoltz. I actually hadn't thought much of the Hornsby card, but upon further review I'm liking him at DH vs lefties--seems to be an upgrade over Harry Heilmann there. Obviously the Smoltz is the big ticket addition and he'll accompany SE Vida Blue in the bullpen as co-stoppers. The bullpen has finally been made into a fearsome 5-man unit of all converted starters. Just have to pull 100 Cy Young and 100 Walter in the same challenge mode pack and then watch out world!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:31 AM   #43
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I never had much luck with Mike Trout either. His strengths don't mesh so well with the game meta.

I have been using SE Ichiro and getting about the same results. My ballpark factors are almost the same as pappyzan except I have .900 for HR instead of .950, and 1.500 for doubles.
Trout struggles if you're in the super-whale league, but outside of that, I've found he does very well for me. Not a very high BA, but good OBP and power, and plays great defense, especially if you move him to LF. In 1300 games started in LF, he's been a +300 ZR at Perfect for me. Yeah, in the 3 years I was stuck in the super-whale league, he really struggled, hitting under .200, but the other years he's been quite useful.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:41 AM   #44
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
In P413, the NC looks like it will be an exciting, evenly matched conference that could go a number of different ways. Only one team has a run differential greater than 100 in the first third of the season: the Belltown Bums, at +125. Because they are somehow already 7 games under their Pythagorean projected record, though, they currently trail the St George Slammers (+61) and Elon BrewBallers (+75) in the race for the best NC record. Of course, St George and Elon are both in the NC East, so that will be a fascinating division to watch play out.

Third-of-the-way standings follow...
And that's me at the bottom of the NC East.

First year in perfect and last in the league, but Pythagorean is 3 games better and would be 8th from the bottom in that stat. Going to have to suck it up and find a way to avoid relegation.I put in a few historical players for live ones to see if that can boost things but my live pitchers are better than my historical so far. 2nd in defense and 6th in steals, that's the only way I can compete given my roster. I'm pack only so I don't expect a perfect Bonds to drop in my lap.

Last edited by sharknut; 10-02-2019 at 07:45 AM.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:20 AM   #45
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Well the Suns pulled off 10 straight wins last night and Wade Boggs was riding a 19 game hitting streak when I went to bed, we'll see how that looks when I get home from work tonight. Currently a few games back of first but several games up already on the first WC, should easily make the playoffs this year after last years debacle in the whale league that saw me finish a couple games under .500 for the first time in maybe 15 or 20 seasons.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:26 AM   #46
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The Everett Aquasox are spinning their wheels in Silver, but made two big moves to totally revamp the left side of the infield. Yesterday morning, 95 OVR A-Rod finally moved down in price - well the guy listing it at 39K was still there (and is assumed to be ElementalKnight until proven otherwise) but another A-Rod was up for 19K - that works for me!

Today, I used the savings to purchase 96 OVR (and Seattle native) Ron Santo to plug the gap at 3B. Kyle Seager goes to a backup role, and Alvin Davis and Tim Beckham are off to the reserves. Edgar goes from being Seagar's backup at 3B to John Olerud's backup at 1B. The depth chart is listed so that Edgar starts at 1B every 10 days and Olerud starts at DH every 10 days.

It is good to see A-Rod back in a Mariners uniform, playing SS and wearing #3.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:42 AM   #47
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

So's I like the way the P427 is organized this season as the season matures a bit there are 14, count 'em 14 teams right in the thick of things and all these teams have RDiffs of between -12 to +163, ok +163 is very good Fighting Ahabs, but well we had a 3-game series against the Ahabs, it was at our place, & even though we've been possibly a bit shoddy in the first third of the season, we won 2 of those games.

So it's up for grabs, the way I usually.....like it. Usually. You know, depends.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:23 PM   #48
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
The Everett Aquasox are spinning their wheels in Silver, .
Weirdly there is an Everett Aqua Sox in my current division in PL, with the same logo, currently 50-5 or something ridiculous

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:16 PM   #49
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
And that's me at the bottom of the NC East.

First year in perfect and last in the league, but Pythagorean is 3 games better and would be 8th from the bottom in that stat. Going to have to suck it up and find a way to avoid relegation.I put in a few historical players for live ones to see if that can boost things but my live pitchers are better than my historical so far. 2nd in defense and 6th in steals, that's the only way I can compete given my roster. I'm pack only so I don't expect a perfect Bonds to drop in my lap.
I hope things turn around for you and your guys can play up to their Pythagorean record! I will say that there are a few live pitchers that can survive in Perfect, including one who I hate seeing because he always seems to pitch an absolute gem against my Red Raiders.

No, I'm not going to say who.

Good luck!

Old 10-02-2019, 03:50 PM   #50
Magus978
All Star Starter

All of my teams are colossal blobs of meh this week. The ones that are trying not to be are the Nico-Nico Kneecappers (Silver) & the Steelport Saints (Diamond). On the bright side, I may finally have a Sunday where I don't have to log in at all.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:56 PM   #51
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I hope things turn around for you and your guys can play up to their Pythagorean record! I will say that there are a few live pitchers that can survive in Perfect, including one who I hate seeing because he always seems to pitch an absolute gem against my Red Raiders.

Good luck!
So far, Kopech and Cole have been good and deGrom and Kluber not so much. My bullpen is made up of 5 live and 1 historical all-star and is 7th in the league, I'll take average.

Pretty happy this month so far going 6-3 and out of relegation. Putting in Diamond Willie Mays and Yogi Berra have been boosts. Eric Davis has been horrible, that's the one guy I am really counting on, a -1.1 war is not what I need.

Old 10-02-2019, 06:21 PM   #52
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Ripped off 7 in a row now and 3 games out of the wild card. Giddy-Up.

Last edited by sharknut; 10-02-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:31 AM   #53
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:

Good luck!
LIVE Scherzer is the one that tends to do pretty well against my team. Verlander can be pretty annoying at times as well.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:52 AM   #54
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P413: Halfway Home

So, about that "the NC is going to be competitive the whole year" thing...the Beantown Balkers have opened up an 11.5-game lead in the NC Central, and the Belltown Bums are on top of the NC West by 12 games. (Secret key to Perfect League success = alliteration!) The NC East-leading Elon BrewBallers only have a 1-game lead over the St George Slammers, but the rest of the division is behind them by double digits. So, unless things change, the competition in the NC is now squarely focused on the second Wild Card spot--definitely an unexpected development! (Go, Santiago Chiles!)

In the AC, Huntley stumbled a bit in the last week of June with a 3-3 home stand, which the Kingston Rockers took advantage of to leapfrog the Red Raiders into the top spot in the conference, 60-18 to 62-20. Kingston and Huntley met back in April in a 3-game series in Kingston; Huntley took 2 of 3 with 2-1 and 6-1 wins behind Ed Walsh and Rube Marquard, respectively, while Kingston notched its lone win 8-0 as their 100 Roger Clemens (complete-game 5-hitter) slightly out-dueled our 100 Roger Clemens (5.2 innings, 7 runs). The teams don't meet again until a 3-game series in early September.

Hitting wise, the Red Raiders standout is Arky Vaughan; the veteran 2B has an outstanding .360/.440/.584 triple slash line, good for a 1.024 OPS, 179 OPS+, and 4.4 WAR. Christian Yelich is a strong Pippen to Vaughan's Jordan, hitting .295/.375/.582, .957 OPS, 159 OPS+, and 3.0 WAR. On the pitching side, Ed Walsh leads the hurlers with 3.6 WAR, but the eye-popping numbers at the halfway mark are the ERAs of starter Walter Johnson (1.64) and relievers Lee Smith (1.42) and Warren Spahn (0.83).
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2019, 01:53 AM   #55
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
LIVE Scherzer is the one that tends to do pretty well against my team. Verlander can be pretty annoying at times as well.
Ssssssshhhhh! Don't give it away!!

Old 10-03-2019, 02:59 AM   #56
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Terrible Wednesday/July

I entered July 33-22 and when it ended we were 43-37. (10-15)...

Factors:
Tough league, particularly the schedule for July.
My offense, the way it is configured right now tends to score 0,1,2 runs on 2-5 hits and get shut down, & I only won 2-3 of those games with exceptional pitching performances of my own...or about once a week we score most of our runs for the week in a single game when we put up 15-17 runs in a single excellent performance...that only counts for 1 win. This is because I went from a "balanced" offense last year to more of a slugging lineup this season where if the sluggers don't slug & there is an ace on the mound, we come up empty. In the blowouts, everybody hits, and there are usually at least a couple of homers.

The pitching staff looks pretty good theoretically but so far both Seaver (8-9) and Gooden (4-5) are under .500.

Still 82 games left, it's been an entertaining league...about half the teams can compete with any other team in the league although there are 3 or 4 that are favorites to win...Carmel-by-the-Sea Otters, Fightin Ahabs, Manhattan Momos & the Seoul Canaries (who began by tumble), are those outstanding teams.

But as I said there are at least 8 other teams that are very competitive. (New York Flyers, Milkbone Underwear, Tallahassee Tomahawks, Saigon Tritons, Neutonia Rebels, Long Island Trash Boyz, Malibu Waverunners, ...and the Fort Lee Christies.

There are 10 playoff spots for those 12 teams and a few others that are hanging around including at least one that has already won a Perfect League.

This is the P427, and I think the rest of the regular season and the playoffs will be among the most intriguing to date.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:00 AM   #57
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes had been bumbling along around .500 thanks to their pitching, the bats heated up in June and a 19-9 month moved us to 46-36, 3rd in the division, 1 game back in wildcard, we even managed a 2-1 series victory against the Aqua Sox (who we play 9 times next month, yuck) Jimmie Foxx (.311/.370/.500) and Rcoky Colavito (.285/.377/.477) are powering the offence, Sisler is having a very down year so far, hopefully he can continue his improvement. the whole of my starting rotation have sub 4 era, with Mordecai Brown (8-5 2.88) and Appier(9-4 3.91) being standouts.

Bad News Bulldogs are in a pack of 9 teams struggling away at 34-48 out of any sort of playoff contention and maybe relegation candidates. the pitching and hitting is mediocred with only Duffy and Aaron doing anything with the bat, Pedro Martinez leads the team in wins playing in the stopper role

Neuman Furshlugginers went from last in the divsion to 1st with a 21-6 June pushing them to 44-37, my middle infielders are both hitting below .200, most hitters are having a down year but the pitching is carrying us, Smokey Joe Williams is 2nd in the league in saves (23) Wilbur Wood leads the league in wins (12) and Steve Busby just won Pitcher of the month

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:34 AM   #58
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

The horror show continues in Portland, where the Raccoons spooled off a 14-game losing streak in June to drop to 24-58, solidly the worst team in the league. I don't know what happened. I haven't even made a roster change up to now. Everyone sucks. I can't replace everyone.

Even Big Walt has a 4.35 ERA. He has never been close to a 4.35 ERA. It's three quarters of a run worse than his previous worst Perfect League ERA, and that was with abysmal defense behind him (.319 BABIP). I don't know. I just don't know. Nothing works for this team. They are six games away from a safe spot and I see not a single reason why they would make up that deficit.

Just when I thought that they finally knocked off that first winning record and wild card, and now they would perhaps be semi-decent. Nope. The Suck is back, and it sucks harder than ever……

The Rebs are 45-35, virtually tied for first and with the first wild card as consolation for the team coming up short. Nobody else in the division is within eight. They do it despite pitching getting torched on almost a daily basis…

The Accountants in their first Perfect campaign are blech, 37-45, 14 games out, but it wasn't like I expected anything…

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:41 AM   #59
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
So, about that "the NC is going to be competitive the whole year" thing...the Beantown Balkers have opened up an 11.5-game lead in the NC Central, and the Belltown Bums are on top of the NC West by 12 games. (Secret key to Perfect League success = alliteration!) The NC East-leading Elon BrewBallers only have a 1-game lead over the St George Slammers, but the rest of the division is behind them by double digits. So, unless things change, the competition in the NC is now squarely focused on the second Wild Card spot--definitely an unexpected development! (Go, Santiago Chiles!)
How bout THAT?! I surely didn't expect to go 20-8 in June after starting the month dead last in the league. Putting Willie Mays and Yogi Berra in over 2 live players really boosted the team. They combined for 13 HR's and 42 RBI in June. My pitching has really improved, up to 6th in the league and I am up to 1st in defense. Eric Davis is still a -1 WAR. Two other Davis' are at +3 WAR in the league. Dammit.

To top it off, in the first game in July, Curt Simmons threw a no-hitter. I am a pack only guy who rips a pack every time I get to 1000 PP, so when I wake up to over 2000PP, I knew something good happened while I slept.

Last edited by sharknut; 10-03-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:58 PM   #60
Izz
Hall Of Famer

35-59 for the 'Glou, which is somehow good enough to be 4 games above the relegation zone. We are one of 7 teams in the league playing worse than .400-ball, with another 6 teams at worse than .440. There are 8 teams with a record of .630 or better.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote