Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:34 PM   #61
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
is this HIGH QUALITY Rickey Henderson card for a mere $30,000. Mind you, this is not the high quality 90+ Henderson, no! This is the Silver level Henderson, selling at an incredible premium...

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!! I've heard a rumor that for an additional $29.95, the seller will include an authentic....CHIA PET***! That's right, you could possibly be the proud owner of one of the great marketing scams of the 70's and 80's—HIGHLY appropriate since this card you're getting jacked on is only rated in the 70s.

For anyone who want it...BUY IT NOW!!! If you have a brain, wait patiently as I believe the price will come down. If this is your card, thanks...you made us all laugh.

(For Westheim). Void where prohibited.

This works best if you imagine it being spoken by Billy Bates or Don Pardo.

***Chia Pet may or may not be included at seller's discretion...and while supplies last. Free Shipping and Handling may be available.
Ch ch ch chia!

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:37 PM   #62
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
is this HIGH QUALITY Rickey Henderson card for a mere $30,000. Mind you, this is not the high quality 90+ Henderson, no! This is the Silver level Henderson, selling at an incredible premium...

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!! I've heard a rumor that for an additional $29.95, the seller will include an authentic....CHIA PET***! That's right, you could possibly be the proud owner of one of the great marketing scams of the 70's and 80's—HIGHLY appropriate since this card you're getting jacked on is only rated in the 70s.

For anyone who want it...BUY IT NOW!!! If you have a brain, wait patiently as I believe the price will come down. If this is your card, thanks...you made us all laugh.

(For Westheim). Void where prohibited.

This works best if you imagine it being spoken by Billy Bates or Don Pardo.

***Chia Pet may or may not be included at seller's discretion...and while supplies last. Free Shipping and Handling may be available.

It is actually 29,999 PP's, not $30,000. People can list their cards for whatever price they want. People can also spend their PP's any which way they desire. Looks like you are insinuating that people don't have a brain or possibly stupid if they pay more for a card than what you see fit. I don't get why you are a complete douche and calling people out.

Last edited by TC Dale; 07-17-2019 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Not following posted guidelines.
STLRS95 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Warning
Old 07-17-2019, 05:08 PM   #63
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

The high 70 Henderson price is particularly indefensible because 94 Henderson often goes for less than that (I got him for less than that...) and he's at least serviceable in the higher levels.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:38 PM   #64
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

So...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
It is actually 29,999 PP's, not $30,000. People can list their cards for whatever price they want. People can also spend their PP's any which way they desire. Looks like you are insinuating that people don't have a brain or possibly stupid if they pay more for a card than what you see fit. I don't get why you are a complete douche and calling people out.
you're the seller, I'm gathering? Is it true about the Chia Pet? Asking for a friend.

Either way, I was insinuating that it's listed for twice the previous week average, that it's 10 TIMES the all time average, and maybe I should remind you that for 30K, you can get a low grade Mike Trout that'll play a TON harder than this card.

Mostly, I was having some fun. I try to do that. The price is inflated waaaaaay beyond what it has been. I said I thought the price would come down. That's usually what happens when people don't make an impulse purchase and pay 2-10 times what they ought to.

Oh, and I used the $ sign because we haven't yet settled on a currency symbol for points. How very nationalistic of me.

As for the douching reference, I prefer apple cider vinegar...cleans out my sinuses better than white vinegar. If you promise to buy me a gallon, I'll PM you my address!

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.

Last edited by TC Dale; 07-17-2019 at 10:31 PM. Reason: edited post.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #65
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
you're the seller, I'm gathering?
Wrong. I do not own the card. I need it to help complete a mission but I’m not going to pay that price for it though.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:35 PM   #66
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

So you go into a thread called the Auction House Laughs thread and complain about the people laughing at listings on the auction house?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:30 PM   #67
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
So you go into a thread called the Auction House Laughs thread and complain about the people laughing at listings on the auction house?
Not complaining at all. The people complaining are the ones posting and disguising it as comedy. I'm just calling out their dick move. People can list cards and buy cards for however much they want. no reason they should be ridiculed.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:50 PM   #68
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Not complaining at all. The people complaining are the ones posting and disguising it as comedy. I'm just calling out their dick move. People can list cards and buy cards for however much they want. no reason they should be ridiculed.

You are not the forum police, not even close. If we would like to discuss auction house insanity, we'll do just that.

Of course people can list their cards for whatever they want. Doesn't make it any less hilarious.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:04 PM   #69
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

I guess

Quote:
Wrong. I do not own the card. I need it to help complete a mission but I’m not going to pay that price for it though.
that means you're not sending the vinegar, eh? $%$%$&*!!!

Old 07-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #70
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

On the opposite spectrum, I find this just as laughable. Why go through the trouble of listing a card to make an extra 2 points? Or even possibly lose points on the deal...just quick sell the damn thing!
Attached Images

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:48 AM   #71
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I list 29/30 for junk like that just to help out people doing the live collections or brand new players who play with bronzes

I only open the two free packs a week so it's not a big deal. If you rip open a ton of packs then I would just quicksell
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:50 AM   #72
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Personally, I see it as doing a favor for others. Someone might want to do the LIVE collection for Milwaukee and he doesn't have that card. This person allows him to get it for cheap instead of just throwing the card to the bin and helps no one. That's a good gesture IMO.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #73
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Also, and I can't remember who or where, someone posted that if you sell a card on the AH for the minimum value (i.e. 25 for a bronze), you still net the minimum (25) points without the tax applying, so you don't end up losing anything except the time it takes to auction the player.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #74
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Letting people do what they want includes having letting them have a thread to have some fun on the side.

To me, you seem to be objecting to letting people have fun. Don't object to letting people have fun.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:41 PM   #75
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Some guy just put up a bunch of cards with 49,999 and 99,999 minimum bids and 50K and 100K buyouts. not sure what goes through someone's mind who does that. We are talking guys like Agee and Fox.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #76
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
On the opposite spectrum, I find this just as laughable. Why go through the trouble of listing a card to make an extra 2 points? Or even possibly lose points on the deal...just quick sell the damn thing!

Altruism deserves to be mocked now ?
That's a new low, even for these forums.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:29 PM   #77
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Personally, I see it as doing a favor for others. Someone might want to do the LIVE collection for Milwaukee and he doesn't have that card. This person allows him to get it for cheap instead of just throwing the card to the bin and helps no one. That's a good gesture IMO.
I sell Iron and Bronze cards like that from time to time, assuming someone may want them for a collection. I usually only sell duplicates with tournaments eventually showing up and collections already here.

Usually around 7pp for Iron and 30pp for Bronze for run-of-the-mill cards.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #78
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
you're the seller, I'm gathering?
Actually, I did sell one last night. After our discussion I saw that I had one inactive on my Negro League theme team, the Asheboro Road Dogs. Listed it to start at 1250 and a BIN of 5K. It sold pretty quickly for the BIN. Who knows, hopefully it sits in someones collection and they don't resell it for profit.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:24 PM   #79
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

There's a big difference between 5K and 30K. One is a very hefty profit, and the other is just plain ridiculous...you know, worthy of ridicule.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:00 PM   #80
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

By the way, does the 100K Luis Aparicio ever sell? I feel that card at that price is about as much of an AH staple as the 4999 PP Dick Groat card was several weeks ago.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote