Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 04-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Rebuilding The Bombers: A New York Yankees Dynasty (OOTP 18)

Rebuilding The Bombers:
A New York Yankees Dynasty
(OOTP 18)

Old 04-13-2017, 10:51 PM   #2
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Coming Soon!
A few rules before I get started:
Trading is set to hard/Neutral
Injuries are set to High(lifelike MLB)
I will avoid signing players put on waivers, I find its a bit of an exploit.
I've also noticed QD mention something about quality free agents(in season). I'll avoid those as well if it looks suspiciously like an exploit.

Other than that its fair game. They dynasty will follow the Yanks on a day to day basis. Along with being the GM, I'll also play out and manage each game, but I will let "Girardi" make some in game decisions like defensive alignments, maybe a few others.Once I figure out what exactly, I'll post it here.

If by chance I get the sack at some point, this will simply continue wherever I land. Thank you so much for following!!!!

Last edited by PhillieFever; 04-14-2017 at 03:36 PM.
PhillieFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

2017 New York Yankees Season Preview:
Sticking To The Plan!

By Mike Axisa(CBS Sports)

The Bronx-
For the first time in over 25 years, the Yankees were sellers last summer, trading Aroldis Chapman, Andrew Miller, Carlos Beltran and Ivan Nova in separate deals that netted the club 12 prospects. The selling continued into the winter, with catcher Brian McCann being traded for two additional prospects. As a result, the Yanks now have one of the deepest farm systems in all of Major League Baseball, whooda thunk it?
Following the trades, the Yankees called up several of the top prospects, including catcher Gary Sanchez, who responded by raking AL pitching in the season's final months to nearly nab himself AL rookie of the year honors.
Although they still refuse to admit to rebuilding, GM Brian Cashman recently called it "transitioning," the proof is in the pudding, so yes Yankees fans, your club IS rebuilding, and it's about time too.
That said, this IS the Yankees, and an Astros style tear down will never happen, so to remain competitive during this "transition" the team signed DH Matt Holliday to a $13 million dollar deal, 1B Chris Carter to a one year $3.5 million dollar deal, and of course the biggie, bringing back closer Aroldis Chapman to the tune of 5 years $86 million, the largest reliever contract in MLB history.
Now getting younger while trying to remain competitive is admirable, but it's no easy feat. Young players, even the most gifted among them, come with growing pains, and the Yankees no longer have the veteran star power to pick up the slack. Carlos Beltran is gone, McCann is gone, Mark Teixeira is gone, A-Rod is gone. They're all in on the kids.
If spring training is any indication, the kids are ready to go. The Yankees have baseball's best spring record, and they rank fourth in homers(45) and third in ERA(3.69). Of course those numbers mean nothing once the season starts, but if nothing else it gives the fans hope for the future as the Yankees try to develop their next championship core.
Let's preview the upcoming season:

Catcher
Let's start with the obvious, Gary Sanchez will not do that again. After being called up in August he hit .299/.376/.657 with 20 homers in 53 games- reaching 20 homers faster than anyone in history, getting there in his 51st game- expecting that over a full 162 considering the daily grind of catching is unrealistic. That said, Sanchez is legit and will be a force in the middle of the Yankees lineup

First Base
Greg Bird, who missed all of last season with a shoulder injury, will be the team's everyday first baseman. He's a former top 100 prospect who tore the cover off of the ball this spring and he has the type of left handed power that should thrive at Yankee Stadium. The plan is to have Bird join Holliday and Sanchez as the club's 3-4-5 hitters.

Middle Infield
With SS Didi Gregorius out for the first few weeks of the season, it'll be 24 year old Ronald Torreyes joining 2B Starlin Castro up the middle, while 32 year old 3B Chase Headley, who struggled badly this spring, will man the hot corner.

Outfield
The massive Aaron Judge, who made his MLB debut last August following the trade of Beltran, looks a lock for the everyday right fielder, despite the club's insistence that Aaron Hicks is still a candidate for the job.
Judge has massive raw power and is a better pure hitter than he gets credit for, but at 6'7 his size is an obstacle.
Unable to trade LF Brett Gardner in the offseason, he remains entrenched in the position, blocking young Clint Frazier, a top 25 prospect, in the process. So for now Frazier will remain in Triple A, for now.
With $85 million dollars still owed to him, CF Jacoby Ellsbury, and his four year slash line of .264/.329/.382 returns once again as the starter in center.

Starting Pitching
Here's where it gets complicated. In Masahiro Tanaka, CC Sabathia, and Michael Pineda, the Yankees have three veteran starters to front the rotation, but rather than picking up a veter innings eater or two to fill out the back end, the Yanks have decided to roll the dice with youngsters. Luis Severino has won the #4 spot, while one of Bryan Mitchell, Louis Cessa, Chad Green, or surprising lefty Jordan Montgomery will take over as the #5 starter.
No matter who comes north with the club, all four are expected to get their chance at some time during the season.

Bullpen
The Yankees spent a lot of money to bring Chapman and ensure that their late inning relief was strong. Chapman and Betances are arguably the best closer-setup tandem in baseball. Whenever the Yanks are leading after seven, there's a good chance they're going to win.
As for the rest of the 'pen, Tyler Clippard, Adam Warren, Tommy Layne, Jonathan Holder and Chasen Shreve will man the middle innings, with Bryan Mitchell most likely taking over long man/situational starter duties.

Outlook
Can the Yankees actually contend in 2017? They've played exactly one post season game in the last four seasons, a 2015 wild card loss to Houston, and none of the projection systems have them reaching October this year.
Of course that doesn't make it impossible for the Yankees to make the playoffs, it just means that things have to go right, namely the kids getting off to a fast start, and veteran like Holliday and Sabathia providing a nice lift.
If they don't contend, could they possibly sell again? They'd have some pieces to move. Sabathia and Pineda are impending free agents, so is Holliday, plus Tanaka can opt out. Gardner and Betances are signed for another few years but could be moved as well.
Keep in mind that Cashman admitted he had to convince owner Hal Steinbrenner to sell at the trade deadline. That wasn't plan A. Plan A was contention. Steinbrenner had to be convinced to sell, and I imagine the same will be true this year. Perhaps he won't go that route two years in a row, even though last year's deals were widely praised.

Predictions
Sportsline: 82-80(4th place AL East)
FanGraphs: 81-81(5th place AL East)
PECOTA: 80-82(4th place AL East)

The 2017 New York Yankees Opening Day Roster

Old 04-16-2017, 08:47 PM   #4
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Disastrous 5th Inning Dooms Yanks In Opener

Rays ace Chris Archer fanned 9 over seven innings en route to the win

Tropicana Field, Tampa - Chris Dickerson's two run single capped off a game defining five run 5th for the Rays who would go on to defeat the visiting Yankees by the score of 5-3, handing New York their 6th straight opening day defeat.
SP Chris Archer was absolutely fabulous for the Rays, allowing three runs on seven hits and two walks while striking out nine over seven innings pitched. Reliever Xavier Cedeno and closer Alex Colome took care of the rest, combining for two innings of perfect relief to nail down the win.
For the Yanks, starter Masahiro Tanaka lasted just five innings in the defeat, allowing five runs(one earned), on five hits and three walks while striking out eight.
At the plate, RF Aaron Judge was 2 for 3 with a homer, 2 RBI and a run scored, while in his Yankees debut, DH Matt Holliday went 2 for 4 with a single and a double.

MLB News And Notes

-
In today's other openers, the Arizona Diamondbacks scored two in the bottom of the 8th to upend the visiting Giants by the score of 4-3, while in St. Louis, the defending world champion Cubs got a homer from Miguel Montero on their way to a 3-0 victory over the Cardinals

- The Milwaukee Brewers have traded 29 year old CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis and 22 year old minor league OF Ryan Aguilar to the Chicago White Sox for 32 year old pitcher Miguel Gonzalez

Old 04-16-2017, 11:08 PM   #5
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Great start to this. I don't usually follow modern MLB dynasties but I am really liking how you have laid everything out so far! Keep up the good work!
Sizeman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:55 AM   #6
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizeman21 View Post
Great start to this. I don't usually follow modern MLB dynasties but I am really liking how you have laid everything out so far! Keep up the good work!
Awesome, thanks!
I'm going to try and keep it simple, mainly because I've learned from past experience that you:
A: Need a focus, trying to say too much just gets things convoluted. Not to mention is a quick ticket to burnout.

B: Make sure you STICK to part A, lol.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:55 AM   #7
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Sabathia Sharp In 4-0 Victory

Sabathia hurls 7 shutout innings for the win

Tropicana Field, Tampa - Catcher Gary Sanchez was 3 for 5 with a solo homer, DH Matt Holliday had a solo homer, and RF Aaron Judge added a pair of hits and an RBI in support of veteran starter CC Sabathia who scattered 9 hits while striking out 3 over seven shutout innings as the Yankees got in the win column for the first time with a 4-0 shutout victory over the host Tampa Bay Rays
3B Evan Longoria, C Derek Norris, and SS Brad Miller each had a pair of hist for Tampa, while on the mound, SP Jake Odorizzi lasted just five and two thirds, allowing four earned runs on 7 hits and 2 walks while striking out 5 in the loss.
WP: CC Sabathia(1-0) LP: Jake Odorizzi(0-1) HR: NYY, Gary Sanchez(1), Matt Holliday(1)

Around The League

-
Dodgers SS Corey Seager went 3 for 4 with a homer, 4 RBI, and 3 runs scored to help lead the Dodgers(1-1) to a 9-1 victory over the Padres(1-1)

-Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez went 2 for 3 with a pair of homers, 4 RBI, and 3 runs scored as Colorado(1-1) pounded the Milwaukee Brewers(1-1) by the score of 9-2.

-Angels hurler Matt Shoemaker allowed just two hits over 8 shutout innings, and Albert Pujols hit his first homer of the year as the Los Angeles Angels(2-0) blanked the Athletics(0-2) by the score of 3-0

Old 04-17-2017, 01:09 PM   #8
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Wednesday April 5th, 2017
Tropicana Field, Tampa, Fl.

Yankees - 1
Rays - 3
In the rubber match of this season opening series, Yankees bats fell silent, as Rays hurler Blake Snell cruised to his first win of the season, allowing just one run on six hits while striking out nine and walking none over eight innings pitched. Closer Alex Colome pitched a perfect 9th for his second save of the season. At the plate, the rays were led by OF's Kevin Kiermaier and Steven Souza, with Kiermaier connecting on a two run 3rd inning homer, and Souza collecting two hits including a solo homer in the 6th.
For the Yanks, starting pitcher Michael Pineda had an ok outing despite the loss, allowing three runs on nine hits with a walk and six K's over six innings pitched. 3B Chase Headley provided the lone Yankee run with a solo homer in the 7th.
WP: Blake Snell(1-0) LP: Michael Pineda(0-1) S: Alex Colome(2)
HR: Tam, Kevin Kiermaier(1), Steve Souza(1) NYY, Chase Headley(1)

Yankee News and Notes

-Out of action since the baseball classic, SS Didi Gregorius will be out for at least another month as he continues to recover from a strained right elbow.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #9
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Holliday Collects Hit Number 2,000 In Loss To O's

Yanks DH Matt Holliday becomes a member of the 2,000 hit club

Friday April 7th, 2017
Oriole Park At Camden Yards, Baltimore
Although the Yankees Matt Holliday became a member of the 2,000 hit cub with his 8th inning single, it was Baltimore 3B Manny Machado who left the field the hero, slamming a two out 10th inning walk-off homer off of New York reliever Jonathan Holder to give the O's a dramatic 4-3 win in the opener of a three game set here at Camden Yards.
Along with Machado, who ended the game 2 for 5, catcher Wellington Castillo also had a big day, going 2 for 2 with an RBI double, and a 2 run homer.
For New York, CF Jacoby Ellsbury doubled twice and knocked in a run, Greg Bird and Holliday each had a pair of hits and a run scored, and 2B Starlin Castro hit a solo homer. On the mound, SP Luis Severino allowed three runs on 6 hits and 2 walks while striking out 6 over six and a third, he wasn't involved in the decision.
The clubs will resume the series tomorrow with the Yanks Masahiro Tanaka taking on the O's Ubaldo Jimenez
WP: Zach Britton(1-0) LP: Jonathan Holder(0-1) HR: Bal, Wellington Castillo(1), Manny Machado(1) NYY Starlin Castro(1)

News And Notes

- In a 20-5 demolition of Seattle(1-4), Los Angeles Angels(4-1) 1B Albert Pujols turned back the clock, going 4 for 4 with two walks, a homer, 5 RBI and 4 runs scored, while RF Kole Calhoun also had a huge day, going 4 for 4 with 2 doubles, 3 RBI, and 3 runs before leaving the game with an injury in the 5th

-Nationals 3B Anthony Rendon will be out of action for about 5 weeks with a severely strained hip muscle.

-Yan Gomes smashed two homers, Michael Brantley and Francisco Lindor added a homer each, and the Cleveland Indians moved to 4-0 on the young season, defeating the Diamondbacks(3-2) by the score of 10-3
Old 04-18-2017, 01:22 PM   #10
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
The other exploit I avoid is with signing minor league free agents. My rule is that I can sign no minor league free agents that my scout gives 2 or more stars of potential, unless they are 30 yrs. old or over.

I found that I could sign plenty of guys with 2 or more stars of potential for free and then trade them for other players I wanted very easily. It is a free resource that no real team in baseball has, so I don't do it.

Last edited by Questdog; 04-18-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:26 PM   #11
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
The other exploit I avoid is with signing minor league free agents. My rule is that I can sign no minor league free agents that my scout gives 2 or more stars of potential, unless they are 30 yrs. old or over.

I found that I could sign plenty of guys with 2 or more stars of potential for free and then trade them for other players I wanted very easily. It is a free resource that no real team in baseball has, so I don't do it.
I'm absolutely on board with this. The one thing that kills any long term project/sim is taking advantage of exploits, whether intentionally or not.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:33 PM   #12
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Saturday April 8th, 2017
Oriole Park At Camden Yards, Baltimore, Md.

Yankees - 6
Orioles - 4
Despite allowing four home runs, and losing LF Brett Gardner to a separated shoulder in the bottom of the 1st inning, the visiting Yankees picked up win number two on the season, defeating the Orioles by the score of 6-4.
Starting pitcher Masahiro Tanaka turned in another quality start, allowing 2 runs on 8 hits with no walks and 7 strikeouts over six innings pitched. The trio of Tyler Clippard, Chasen Shreeve, and Adam Warren combined for two plus innings of one run relief, while closer Aroldis Chapman nailed down his first save, despite allowing a 9th inning home run to Chris Davis, his 2nd on the day.
At the plate for New York, 1B Greg Bird was 3 for 4 with a triple, an RBI and a run scored, replacement LF Aaron Hicks was 3 for 3 with a double, an RBI, and a run scored, and 2B Starlin Castro hit his team leading 2nd homer.
For the O's starting pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez struggled throughout, allowing 4 runs on 7 hits and a walk with 1 strikeout over four and a third and was tagged with the loss.
Along with the pair of bombs from Davis, Baltimore also got homers from Jonathan Schoop and Hyun-Soo Kim.
WP: Masahiro Tanaka(1-0) LP: Ubaldo Jimenez(0-1) S: Aroldis Chapman(1) HR: Bal, Chris Davis 2(2), Hyun-Soo Kim(1), Jonathan Schoop(1) NYY, Starlin Castro(2)

MLB News And Notes

Yankees LF Brett Gardner was placed on the 10 day DL with a separated shoulder which could keep him out of action for about a month. In his place the Yanks have called up #2 rated prospect Clint Frazier from AAA Scranton Wilkes-Barre

-The Cleveland Indians have traded 26 year old SP Trevor Bauer to the Los Angeles Angels in exchange for 25 year old 3B Jefry Marte.

-The Colorado Rockies have traded 25 year old minor league RF Jordan Patterson to the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for 29 year old relief pitcher Drew Storen.

-In other injury news, Tigers 2B Ian Kinsler with miss about three weeks with a fractured foot, Angels OF Kole Calhoun will miss about 5 weeks with a torn ligament in his thumb, and finally Astros RF Josh Reddick will miss about three weeks with a strained foot.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:49 PM   #13
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Sunday April 9th, 2017
Oriole Park At Camden Yards, Baltimore, Md.

Yankees(3-3) - 12
Orioles(1-4) - 2
Looking to get back to .500 and take the series, the visiting Yankees exploded for 9 first inning runs off of O's hurler Kevin Gausman on their way to a 12-2 battering of Baltimore here at Camden Yards.
Outfielders Jacoby Ellsbury and Aaron Hicks each had three hits and scored three runs to pace the Bombers who also got clutch 3 run doubles from both Aaron Judge and Starlin Castro.
On the mound, starter CC Sabathia improved his record to 2-0, allowing 2 runs on 5 hits and 5 walks while striking out 4 over seven and a third.
For the O's, 3B Manny Machado continued his hot hitting going 2 for 2 with a pair of walks, a double and a run scored.
WP: CC Sabathia(2-0) LP: Kevin Gausman(0-2) HR: NYY Jacoby Ellsbury(1)

-Cubs 3B Kris Bryant and Brewers pitcher Jhan Marinez have both been suspended for four game by the league office for their parts in a bench clearing brawl that was touched off when Bryant stormed the mound after being hit with a pitch following a Mike Rizzo's 3 run homer.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:01 AM   #14
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

MLB Standings
April 10, 2017

Old 04-21-2017, 05:06 PM   #15
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Monday April 10th, 2017
Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY.

(5-3)Rays - 6
(3-4)Yankees - 2
On opening day here in New York, it was the visiting Rays who provided the fireworks, defeating the host Yankees by the score of 6-2 on the strength of a solid pitching performance from Blake Snell, who allowed just 2 runs on 4 hits and 5 walks and 6 strikeouts over 7 innings for his second win of the young season. At the plate, the Rays got a solo homer from SS Brad Miller, a two run shot from catcher Derek Norris, and a 3 run homer from DH Tim Beckham.
For the Yanks, starting pitcher Michael Pineda fell to 0-2, allowing 6 run on 8 hits and 2 walks while striking out 8 over 6 rough innings. At the plate, DH Matt Holliday hit his 2nd homer of the year, while 1B Greg Bird continued his hot start, going 2 for 4 with a double and a run scored, upping his average to a team leading .345
WP: Blake Snell(2-0) LP: Michael Pineda(0-2) HR: NYY Matt Holliday(2) TB, Brad Miller(1), Derek Norris(2), Tim Beckham(3)

News From Around The League

-
In a 6-5 extra inning loss to the Diamondbacks(5-3), San Francisco Giants(3-5) CF Denard Span had a huge day, going 5 for 7 with a double an RBI, and a run scored, but in the end, it was an 11th inning RBI double from Oswaldo Arcia that gave the visitors the win.

- In an 8-6 win over the Braves(2-5), Miami Marlins(4-3) CF Marcell Ozuna had a big day at the plate, going 5 for 5 with 3 RBI.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #16
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Wednesday April 12th, 2017

(5-4)Rays - 3
(4-4)Yankees - 7
Following a day off to lick their wounds, the Yankees came out swinging, with LF Aaron Hicks and 1B Greg Bird each slamming two run shots to help pace New York on their way to a 7-3 victory over the pesky Rays.
On the hill, starting pitcher Luis Severino earned his first win, allowing 3 runs(2 earned) on 5 hits and 2 walks with 6 strikeouts over 7 and a third.
For the Rays, SS Tim Beckham connected on a 2 run double in the second, and CF Kevin Kiermaier added a solo homer in the 7th.
WP: Luis Severino(1-0) LP: Matt Andriese(0-1) HR: NYY, Aaron Hicks(1), Greg Bird(1) TAM, Kevin Kiermaier(3)

News And Notes From Around The League

-Phillies(4-5) 3B Maikel Franco had a huge day today, going 5 for 5 with 2 doubles, a homer, 3 RBI, and 4 runs score to help lead Philadelphia to a 12-3 win over the Mets(5-4) at Citizens Bank Park.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:28 AM   #17
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

I am actually going to end this right here. Unfortunately these days I only have time for one dynasty, and I'm going to go another way.