Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 06-23-2015, 04:52 PM   #1
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Release Strategy

I was just curious and wanted some clarity..

Since the devs are so bent on releasing this game "when its ready" and releasing the patch "when its ready" should I expect to wake up one day with an email from OOTP with a link to download the patch? Or will there be notice given when the release date is firmed up?

Basically, will they just release it without notice or should I expect it to be a surprise?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:52 PM   #2
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

gekkoguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:48 PM   #3
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkoguy82 View Post
LOL Solid picture but I swear I'm not trolling. I check the forums daily for updates. If I am checking for no reason then there is no point. If I will someday see an announcement with a release day on it then great. If all I am waiting for is something to say "Surprise! The game has been released!" Then I won't come here nearly as often.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 06-23-2015, 09:40 PM   #4
Hadehariast
Minors (Single A)

Nature and the internet both abhor a vacuum. I check the forums every day for news, but it's depressing. Sometimes I wonder why I do it, but then I remember that I'm a creature of habit and coming here and not seeing any release information has just become a part of my daily routine. My money is on an announcement a few days before release, rather than any sort of long lead time.
Hadehariast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:27 PM   #5
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I am not a developer and since I am new to the company in general I don't know the specific details of what work needs to be done between final build and final build being ready for download, but I can say with near certainty there will be at least a little bit of advanced notice of a release date once things wrap on the tweaking and testing.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:21 AM   #6
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
I am not a developer and since I am new to the company in general I don't know the specific details of what work needs to be done between final build and final build being ready for download, but I can say with near certainty there will be at least a little bit of advanced notice of a release date once things wrap on the tweaking and testing.
If there a reason why there hasn't been any screen shots, or so called "teasers" of any kind in nearly 6 weeks? Seems odd.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:19 AM   #7
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadehariast View Post
Nature and the internet both abhor a vacuum. I check the forums every day for news, but it's depressing. Sometimes I wonder why I do it, but then I remember that I'm a creature of habit and coming here and not seeing any release information has just become a part of my daily routine. My money is on an announcement a few days before release, rather than any sort of long lead time.

The game will be released as soon as the Sabres win the Stanley Cup
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:46 AM   #8
pisquid
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry58 View Post
The game will be released as soon as the Sabres win the Stanley Cup
Good news. If you would have said when the Leafs win the Stanley Cup, I would have been worried.
pisquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:05 AM   #9
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Don't mention screenshots, don't mention release dates, don't mention the 'end of may' and for god sake don't mention the patch for FHM14 as no real answers will be forthcoming.

#overthetopexcusedevelopments
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #10
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
If there a reason why there hasn't been any screen shots, or so called "teasers" of any kind in nearly 6 weeks? Seems odd.
The only thing I can say is that when a tentative deadline is in the process of passing us by, priority number one isn't really sending out screenshots. When everyone was expecting/anticipating the game it might have been odd to send out a screenshot instead. But, I know something would be better than nothing, so with that being said, it's about time now we should definitely have some more. Let me check in with the developers and see what I can get for you guys.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:12 PM   #11
Penfold75
Major Leagues

If a deadline passes and the game is as near to release as has been suggested in other posts then surely keeping people interested and up to date should also be a priority. Isn't that what the not used in a while 'FHM2 Teaser Thread' or the not updated since the end of may 'FHM2 Road to Release Update Thread' were supposed to be for. Or maybe I am wrong???? The lack of promotion of this game, which I believe will be great, to the community and potential customers beggars belief.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:36 PM   #12
Icetiger29
Bat Boy

I also run a small business and sell things to people. If I have something new, I keep them informed and try to keep their interest to the product as long as possible. This is how the market works. If I am foreseeing a delay, then the more I inform the customers about process and hope that they will "stay" on my side.

But in my opinion here this is anoying. No informations and news at all and if somebody dares to ask he gets "blown" away by the comments. How can somebody dare and ask. I bought FHM14 and there will be no update in my opinion anymore. If FHM2 ever comes out, also I dont know. We had may, we have june and soon we have July. No problem but I thought you wanted to sell something to me and not the other way around.

I am outta here, sorry to say but I am a customer and I feel badly treated.

@ administration: Please delete my account, no need to bother about my
opinion anymore.
Icetiger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:41 PM   #13
tward13
All Star Starter

So silly.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:52 PM   #14
Icetiger29
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
So silly.
Yes, you are absolutely right. Thats the way to deal with customers, Sir.

Hope I am the only one feeling like this and they sell a lot if it is available sometimes. I still believe it is a good idea and concept and liked the FHM 14 with all the problems. Only requesting some more information and respect for us the potential buyers.

But as I said before, my fault to think and feel like this. Sorry to bother and many success on the road.
Icetiger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #15
Smetana
All Star Starter

Oh, this thread again...

Valid opinions, there's no doubt. But this dead horse has been beaten into chunky-kibble pulp.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:44 PM   #16
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Very well said Icetiger29. Very well said!!!!
Havokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:46 PM   #17
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Oh and this is a diffrent thread. A poster trying to get some helpful clarification! I do enjoy your insulting posts though keep it buddy!
Old 06-24-2015, 06:55 PM   #18
Penfold75
Major Leagues

These posts will always spring up while people remain frustrated by the lack of any meaningful content posts from the OOTP team. FHM14 was a bug ridden mess and it is almost arrogant to just assume that people will buy FHM2 without valid, factual and up to date information. If the game is nearly complete and ready for release how come there have been no new screenshots released. If they were able to release some in April what has changed, there must be more to show the community, surely???

It's about time they started singing from the rooftops about the new features, showing even just a handful of screenshots like other companies do when they are trying to promote their games or just give the community something.

I think the people who attack those who ask valid questions or have valid opinions that may not fall into line with OOTP need to honestly ask themselves are they entirely happy with the whole FHM process so far??
Old 06-24-2015, 07:02 PM   #19
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

I am anticipating Cole to come on here and shut this thread again....since we are voicing our opinions and all. Sigh...
Old 06-24-2015, 09:33 PM   #20
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokk View Post
I am anticipating Cole to come on here and shut this thread again....since we are voicing our opinions and all. Sigh...
And as the OP I'm fine with that and actually encourage it. Cole answered the question that was asked.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic