Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 06-08-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
Penfold75
Major Leagues

FHM2 - Who is your team????

Just a small post to change the focus on FHM2 from negativity to something a bit more fun and positive.

So FHM2 comes out and is far superior to FHM2014. The new features, immersion in the game and the new game engine have blown us all away much to the surprise of the naysayers.

1) Who is your team? Who are you looking forward to managing?
2) Will you expand? Who are your expansion teams?
3) Will you move any of the struggling current NHL teams?

Last edited by Penfold75; 06-08-2015 at 12:02 PM. Reason: grammatical ineptitude
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:00 PM   #2
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

I'm not the biggest hockey fan so the only team I really know about are my hometown Bruins. If I ever joined a real life league I would definitely take them and try to get them another cup. I also loved the Quebec Nordiques so joining a historic league and rolling as them would be a lot of fun. As of now I've joined a fictional league and will be trying my hand at building a winner in Australia.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:33 PM   #3
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Just a small post to change the focus on FHM2 from negativity to something a bit more fun and positive.

So FHM2 comes out and is far superior to FHM2014. The new features, immersion in the game and the new game engine have blown us all away much to the surprise of the naysayers.

A: I'm a Wings fan, but I'll probably take Buffalo.

A: Toronto and Quebec will get expansion teams.

A: Arizona, Florida, Ottawa and Edmonton will either be contracted or moved.
The four will be moved to Seattle, Vegas, KC and Wisconsin.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:54 PM   #4
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:

1) I´ll play my Pens (one 2015 game and one starting in 1967) and will hopefully do much better than the greatest NHL clown, Jim Rutherford
2) maybe - Hartford & Seattle then
3) no

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:30 PM   #5
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:

1) Kings fan but might play as the Jets
2) Definitely will expand - Quebec Nordiques and Seattle ?? (will think of a name nearer the time)
3) Might move a couple of teams to Vegas and Hamilton maybe

ps. Love your reason for editing your post - grammatical ineptitude...not someone that takes themselves too serious
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:49 PM   #6
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

1) I'm a Wings fan first and foremost, but I also really enjoy the Preds since they're local, and the missus is a huge fan. They've really grown on me the last few years.

2) Not sure about expanding, but never say never! Maybe a second team in Phoenix? haha

3)Nah, I'll leave them where they are for now.

Last edited by gekkoguy82; 06-08-2015 at 03:50 PM.
gekkoguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:25 PM   #7
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:

1) Calgary Flames
2) Expand ? No
3) Moving a NHL team ? I may try it .. If I do there's two teams with pitful and abysmal fan support Florida and Carolina will become Seattle and Quebec respectively
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:49 PM   #8
Zyllyx
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

1) The Coyotes. I'll probably try to win the Cup with them because I enjoy a challenge in my manager sims.
2) I will probably expand to Seattle and Indianapolis.
3) Absolutely. The Houston Oilers and the Portland Maple Leafs will definitely be looking for success in their new homes.
Zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:52 PM   #9
BMD
All Star Reserve

1.) Hartford Whalers or Pittsburgh Penguins
2.) Yes, Quebec and see #1
3.) Doubt it
BMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:17 PM   #10
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

1) Toronto maple leafs and Hamilton Bulldogs (ohl)

2) expand to Hamilton (tigers) and Quebec

3) I'm not a fan of relocation but might move Arizona eventually to Las Vegas. And maybe A team to Quebec and Seattle. Vegas would prove proably be relocated again haha. Remember that just because Florida get a lousy attendance and the hockey team is losing money, the actual venue ( the arena) is profitable so I won't move them.

Last edited by dave1927p; 06-08-2015 at 05:18 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:13 PM   #11
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

1 Nashville
2 probably not
3 no
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:25 PM   #12
geckon
Hall Of Famer

NHL-wise:
1) Probably Pens, Bruins and/or a new franchise (see below). Another idea is to take over the team drafting McDavid and watch his career.
2) Yes, Quebec deserves a team and then maybe Seattle or Vegas?
3) No at the beginning but it can happen later if a team struggles several seasons in a row (financially and/or on the ice).

Else:
- International fictional league
- Czech league
- KHL

Last edited by geckon; 06-08-2015 at 07:31 PM.
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:50 PM   #13
TEHLUDDITE
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1 - Leafs (for the re-construction challenge) and/or my hometown OHL team
2 - Yes, in Quebec City and Toronto (there should be at least one NHL team in Toronto).
3. Probably not
TEHLUDDITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #14
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Don't known if I have time to play FHM2. Today I bought FM15 with 66% discount and normally this game eats up lots of my time because it's so addictive. By the time hockey season is about to start again Eastside Hockey Manager will probably also be out of early access and playable for real so I would like to give that a try too.

If for some reason I have time I will always play as the Flyers
Old 06-08-2015, 10:19 PM   #15
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
1 Nashville
2 probably not
3 no
Do I smell a fellow Nashville fan?
deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:22 PM   #16
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank1974 View Post
A: I'm a Wings fan, but I'll probably take Buffalo.

A: Toronto and Quebec will get expansion teams.

A: Arizona, Florida, Ottawa and Edmonton will either be contracted or moved.
The four will be moved to Seattle, Vegas, KC and Wisconsin.
Curious why you would move Edmonton and Ottawa and lose two of the biggest rival games (battle of Ontario/Alberta) and lose the history of Edmonton? What about the glory days 20 years ago? Still an amazing market
deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:03 AM   #17
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

1.) Red Wings of course. I can't imagine any other NHL team for me.
2.) Likely Seattle and possibly Quebec, to even the ratio of Canadian teams to 4 in each conference.
3.) Maybe move Florida one day because I see no point to keep them anymore, they have no fan support and it's not a hockey market at all. Probably ship them to Kansas City.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:57 AM   #18
Mr_Devil_Dog
Minors (Double A)

I'm a long time (suffering) Toronto Maple a Leaf fan, but if I could select one team to manage now it would be the Edmonton Oilers. Edmonton has a plethora of young talent, and will be adding McDavid to that list. Plus in 2016 they move into a new stadium, and are backed with a very rich owner.

Expansion is tricky because you need to balance out the conferences, and the west needs to add two teams just to match the east. The two places that make the most sense economically are a second team in Toronto and Quebec City. Toronto is the financial hub for hockey and could easily command a 3/4 billion or more for an expansion fee, plus would immediately become a top 5 income generator day 1, with significant fan support. Quebec City has a beautiful new stadium opening very soon, with the Memorial cup game played last week as the last game at the old stadium. They too would have the fans support, just like in Winnipeg. In the west, I can only see Seattle as a viable place, but they have no stadium, or owner so that is years away, if ever. I don't like Vegas, as 1/3 the population is working at game time, another 1/3 is sleeping leaving only 1/3 to attend games. Let's face it, people don't to to Vegas to watch major sports (other than boxing, which has a long history).

There are several teams struggling that could be moved. The question is where to move them. The NHL what expansion $$$, so the two most talked about in Toronto and Quebec are out of the question to move to. Seattle or Portland maybe once they have a stadium and owner. Maybe Halifax, but again no stadium to hold 18000. Houston is a big city, but Dallas has struggled so that is probably out. They may be better off just folding the teams if the can't make them work.
Mr_Devil_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:20 AM   #19
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwells1234 View Post
Curious why you would move Edmonton and Ottawa and lose two of the biggest rival games (battle of Ontario/Alberta) and lose the history of Edmonton? What about the glory days 20 years ago? Still an amazing market
Honestly?
In my opinion, any team that struggles (and I mean really struggles) to get a BIG free agent to sign there shouldn't be in the league.
Both Edmonton and Ottawa are in the top-4 for teams players don't want to play for.

Edmonton sells out, but when Andrew Ference is the last big name FA to want to go there, you know it's trouble.

Also, that organization is so horribly run they don't deserve to have a team.
Getting four 1st overall picks in 6 years isn't something anyone should brag about.
Having Hall, Nugent-Hopkins and now McDavid play there is an absolute waste.
Even with McDavid, they'll suck again this year.
I have a buddy who's a huge Oiler's slappy and he's already getting excited about the possibility of getting Austin Matthews. And I bet they get him too.
That's pathetic.

I know my opinion is very unpopular and I fully expect a lot of fans to disagree with it.

But in the end, neither city can attract any big names, and they certainly don't help push the NHL brand.

The Oilers are incredibly lucky that they had Glen Sather and his vision of what hockey should look like way back in the 80's.
Without him, the Oilers are probably playing somewhere in the U.S. right now.
That decade of 1981-1991 has helped keep a very sick franchise afloat when it should have been put to sleep at least 10 years ago.

P.S.I should point out that it wasn't long ago that the Oilers couldn't give away tickets. Don Cherry had to make an impassioned pleas on Coaches Corner to wake-up the fansbase.
If it wasn't for Gary Bettman, the Oilers would be gone. He fought for that franchise to stay where it was, and he was the one that passed the bilaw which allowed Canadian teams to pay salaries in CDN dollars with the U.S. teams making-up the difference.

Last edited by Hank1974; 06-09-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:56 AM   #20
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Hank1974 I have to agree with some of your sentiments towards the Oilers. There is something deeply wrong with that franchise and how it is managed. They tanked every season and got all the Number One picks in the drafts from 2010 until 2012 (Hall, Yakupov and Nugent-Hopkins) plus the Number 3 in 2014 (Draisatl). Not only do they suck enough to get the #1 pick but then they completely suck with these guys who would be stars on any other team. The franchise shows a complete lack of ambition and I think that is why they struggle to attract top free agents. Coupled with the mismanagement would anyone in their right mind want to go there?

Being a Jets fan I saw my team (and also the Nordiques) sold off and relocated for less reasons than why the Oilers are struggling and I think it is time for them to be moved elsewhere. There are other markets who could potentially do far better than Edmonton.

Last edited by Penfold75; 06-09-2015 at 08:01 AM.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote