Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-07-2014, 06:13 PM   #21
robgraves
Bat Boy

running /home/username/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP\ Baseball\ 15/ootp_linux64r
or
running /home/username/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP\ Baseball\ 15/ootp_linux3r
result in the same error message:
Code:
robgraves@ubuntu-desktop [06:07:06] [~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP Baseball 15] 
-> % ./ootp_linux64r 
./ootp_linux64r: error while loading shared libraries: libchilkat-9.4.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
robgraves@ubuntu-desktop [06:07:14] [~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP Baseball 15] 
-> % ./ootp_linux32r 
./ootp_linux32r: error while loading shared libraries: libchilkat-9.4.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
robgraves@ubuntu-desktop [06:08:40] [~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP Baseball 15] 
-> %
and if i run
/home/username/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP\ Baseball\ 15/ootp15.sh WITH STEAM already running I get
Code:
robgraves@ubuntu-desktop [06:10:46] [~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP Baseball 15] 
-> % ./ootp15.sh
szCmd: /bin/sh -c '"/home/robgraves/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh" "steam://run/272670"' &

Error, unable to continue...

Starting Steam client...

robgraves@ubuntu-desktop [06:10:56] [~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP Baseball 15] 
-> % Running Steam on ubuntu 14.04 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically

robgraves@ubuntu-desktop [06:10:59] [~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP Baseball 15] 
-> %
However if i close steam completely and run /home/robgraves/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP\ Baseball\ 15/ootp15.sh

then it WILL start steam for me and subsequently OOTP Baseball 15, this is teh ONLY WAY ican get this game to run in linux. Currently I'm using ubutnu 14.04 64 bit, and I'd like to get it to launch from within steam, without the roundabout method.
robgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #22
kryakyu12
Major Leagues

Rob,
I gave it a try, and was able to get OOTP15 running under Steam in Linux, though it took a bit of prodding to get it working (not to mention I had to install Steam )

My fix was to make the following change to ootp15.sh:
Code:
# absolute path to this script
SCRIPT=$(readlink -f "$0")
#echo $SCRIPT
Note that on the line SCRIPT=... I put the $0 value in quotes. Once I did that, the game started up. (It did take me rather a number of tries - and a bunch of test coding - to figure this out )

Also note that I did this on a rather pristine build: that is, a (fairly) new install of Ubuntu 14.04, and installed Steam just minutes before installing the Steam version of OOTP. If you give my fix a try, please let me know if it works (or not).

PS: there is also an update to the script in the works that should fix this problem.

Good Luck!
-kr-

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgraves View Post
running /home/username/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP\ Baseball\ 15/ootp_linux64r
or
running /home/username/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP\ Baseball\ 15/ootp_linux3r
result in the same error message:
[CODE]robgraves@ubuntu-desktop [06:07:06] [~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP Baseball 15]
-> % ./ootp_linux64r
./ootp_linux64r: error while loading shared libraries: libchilkat-9.4.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
robgraves@ubuntu-desktop [06:07:14] [~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP Baseball 15]

However if i close steam completely and run /home/robgraves/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/OOTP\ Baseball\ 15/ootp15.sh

then it WILL start steam for me and subsequently OOTP Baseball 15, this is teh ONLY WAY ican get this game to run in linux. Currently I'm using ubutnu 14.04 64 bit, and I'd like to get it to launch from within steam, without the roundabout method.

Last edited by kryakyu12; 07-12-2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: noted the script is going to be updated
kryakyu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 01:27 PM   #23
chennai
Bat Boy

I recently tried to get OOTP working from a new download in linux. I have been using linux routinely for a decade and a half. I started with gentoo and run servers. I expected bumps with the install, since it's a bunch of closed source, window-oriented stuff, but this was a nightmare.

After lots of work, I have a working installation but I gave up when I realized that I had to enter the license number on every start up. Even buying the linux license was a mess.

When I started, I thought I might rewrite the shell script that starts the program, but this is such a mess, I don't feel like doing anyone a favor.

I have no idea why it should be so bad. For awhile I thought that they just thought everyone would run the thing as a superuser -- Windows style -- but that didn't solve the problems.

If I hear from support about a revised installation process, I'll post it.
chennai is offline   Reply With Quote