Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 11-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Developer Update Thread (last update: 11/14/2013)

I want to use this thread in the future to keep you up to date on the development of FHM. Right now we work on two different things:

1. The next maintenance patch that will go into internal testing Wednesday and be released sometimes next week. It will contain a fix for the Mavericks problem, an updated database (you can now choose between opening day roster and actual roster when starting a new game) and a lot of smaller bug fixes.

2. Beside the maintenance patch we work on another thing that we will present more details on once we are closer to finishing it (learning our lesson here ).

Update: 2013/11/14

As I wrote earlier the next maintenance patch was released to the beta team yesterday so we are on track for a release next week.

A late addition was a file called "presets.txt" to the quickstarts that can be used to add existing injuries to the modern game. The file includes all NHL injuries we were aware off.

Later, we will expand the file to include stuff like Captain and Jersey#.

Last edited by Sebastian Palkowski; 11-14-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Sebastian Palkowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Partial fix list for the next patch:

Stats in career histories should now be totalled separately by league.
AI should no longer occasionally change user's training settings while training assistant is turned off.
User's role no longer editable in commissioner mode (prventing accidental disabling of some features if role is changed.)
Eligible players for CHL import drafts no longer occasionally un-viewable by user.
League histories for customer leagues no longer have W-L-T missing in the standings.
Traded draft picks in historical mode now remain with correct team when draft rules change.
Single-season leaderboards no longer cleared each year in custom games.
No longer possible to place waived players on waivers again.
Regular-season overtime length will now save when edited instead of reverting to 5.
Quickstarts should no longer change player names to "Jim Unknown."
Transfer Fees In line in team finances should now update properly after a transaction instead of being changed to the value of the cash acquired in the most recent transaction.
Extra check added to determine if players are interested in signing for a team on a different continent.
Transfer deadlines in European leagues should now reset correctly after the first season.
Dragging and dropping a player into an even-strength line on the lineup screen should now swap that player with the target, rather than just overwriting him.
Teams can no longer created extra budget room by offering over-budget contracts and then revoking the offer.
Very minor countries (Mongolia, etc.) should no longer occasionally create NHL star-caliber prospects.
Training checks on nonplayable teams now use better default coaching values.
Rate of mental attribute improvement for goalies improved.
Passing, pokecheck, rebound, and skating ratings should now decline properly for goalies.
Young olayers should now always be willing to sign two-way contracts.
Staff editing now works in the proper 1-20 range instead of 1-9.
Inability of some OHL teams to receive trade responses fixed.
PDO should now be calculated properly.
Player demands and team offers should now place more value on player potential.
Crash when trying to view contract screens of some players fixed.
Crashes during June 30-July 1 transition fixed.
Waivers should no longer be disabled in commissioner mode.
Various misspellings fixed.
The usual database updates; hidden ratings for NHL players should now have much more variety.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Any progress on fixing/improving the UI to make it easier to navigate and eliminating the excessive amount of space between the first couple columns and the rest of the screen?

Has any testing been done to prove/disprove/improve tactics so we can actually see what sort of impact they have?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Sebastian & Jeff,
Thank you! Great to have a list and time-line.

Without getting into detail, is there any way "we" could help as a community to further the success of FHM from patch to patch?

For example (and just a basic example):
- Every owner of the game starts at a specific place (or even with a specific file you supply I guess) and tracks things in a semi-orderly manner?
-- for example a brand new NHL game
-- progress in a methodical manner
-- note and supply feedback on specific items

It might help to nail down the basic experience before getting into other areas (custom games, other leagues, online leagues - I know, not yet, which is fine) but you know what I mean?
And it also might help to target the fixes for the next patch (if any more are required of course)!

Running through one game as a group, then doing anything else we "really" want to do in FHM, seems productive to me.
Happy to help out!

Btw, whoever caught "Very minor countries (Mongolia, etc.) should no longer occasionally create NHL star-caliber prospects" is my hero (but would not have been on my list )!!
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Any word on when we will be able to have our very own expansion(historical and/or present and future seasons)?

Any word on moving teams from league to league?

Any word on Custom Leagues being part of the real world?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
viper091887
Bat Boy

Old sorting format

Is there anyway we can go back to the old sorting format for players. I liked being able to just press the drop down box to sort LW,C,RW,D,G rather than having to click on the different positions to sort them. It made looking for FA and sorting your rosters so much easier!!!

Also, how about a "make this work" button on trades as a way to help make trades easier and better rather than so one sided.

Would also like to see sooner notice when a player retires or a coaches contract runs out. not just they disappear or wait until training camp and then you have a build up on the roster.

Last edited by viper091887; 11-11-2013 at 05:21 PM.
viper091887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
sensaa
Bat Boy

Didn't you said this update was about more edit option available too?

Just a thought, but can we have "more life" to non-playable league like having a real standing updated with a schedule or a fictionnal schedule because players stats are there and updated for these leagues but except that everythings seems lifeless, i don't know if it take times or if thats hard to do but it would be nice

nice to have some informations on progress
sensaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
Duranium
All Star Starter

Will you polish the historical mode as well with time?
Really enjoying this but still too easy (stealing draft picks, etc...)
Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #9
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

I'm hoping the options will finally be available to edit league structure, moving teams around and so forth.
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #10
spitfire
All Star Reserve

Great to see you guys starting a thread to keep the community in the know about updates. Even weekly posts of this sort will go a long way to defusing some of the criticism that came your way earlier.
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
Smetana
All Star Starter

Hoping to see some more robust options in the player editor, but not holding my breath.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...g-players.html
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #12
Mancandy
Minors (Double A)

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
Hoping to see some more robust options in the player editor, but not holding my breath.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...g-players.html
This please. The game is quite literally unplayable without proper injuries at startup or the ability to edit injuries. The Red Wings are over the cap without Eaves/Helm/Tootoo on IL to start the season so it's impossible to have their accurate opening night roster. That's one thing I just can't overlook, which means I'm unable to get past opening night with the team I want to play. And I know they're not the only team in this predicament. It's fine toying around with other teams and historical games, sure, but I bought this game to play a long term game with the Red Wings and so far, to that end, it's been a complete waste of money. Hopefully this will be fixed ASAP.
Mancandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #13
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

I hope by next version (or maybe THIS version? ) we can have the ability to affect the game outcome.

What I mean is, on the game screen WE can decide whether to fire from the blue line or penetrate inward via a menu popup telling us our success chances, or pass off a shot to someone else. I love this game but I'd like to be a little more involved like OOTP, where you get to decide if you want to hit-n-run, steal, or swing away. All I can do right now is sit and watch little flags pop up, and occasionally adjust tactics.

Please...please...please!

Can't find the help you need? Try here:
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software

Last edited by StrikeFour; 11-11-2013 at 10:30 PM.
StrikeFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #14
CatKnight
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFour View Post
I hope by next version (or maybe THIS version? ) we can have the ability to affect the game outcome.

What I mean is, on the game screen WE can decide whether to fire from the blue line or penetrate inward via a menu popup telling us our success chances, or pass off a shot to someone else. I love this game but I'd like to be a little more involved like OOTP, where you get to decide if you want to hit-n-run, steal, or swing away. All I can do right now is sit and watch little flags pop up, and occasionally adjust tactics.

Please...please...please!

Sounds like it'd be a bit much for version 1, but I'd also like to see this at some point.
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #15
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Jeff, thanks for this great news! This should have been my first post but I'm a greedy b******.

Can't find the help you need? Try here:
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
StrikeFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #16
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

great job. Please just keep all official updates in the top post that way we won't all have to go through dozens of pages

I'm most excited for these ones!
Quote:
- Stats in career histories should now be totalled separately by league
- Extra check added to determine if players are interested in signing for a team on a different continent
- Very minor countries (Mongolia, etc.) should no longer occasionally create NHL star-caliber prospects.
- Young players should now always be willing to sign two-way contracts.
- Crash when trying to view contract screens of some players fixed.
- crashes during June 30-July 1 transition fixed.
Also I hope to see more Canadians in the draft pools. So far in my games I only see QMJHL players. And when I compare the talent in the CHL (Canadian Hockey League) compared to the NCAA the college level is levels higher and shouldn't be.

It would be awesome one day to have the ability to change the nationality percentages of the players within leagues like OOTP does...maybe in a second or third version.

Last edited by dave1927p; 11-11-2013 at 11:10 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #17
Empach
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Crashes during June 30-July 1 transition fixed.
Jeff if you guys finally beat this bug I am going to be so very happy . I've never managed to get past the first season.

If it doesn't I'll make sure to send you a saved game. Gotta nail this bug.

Good idea for a thread. I think we'd all appreciate some regular updates even if it's just something short once a week.
Empach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:20 AM   #18
thepete
Minors (Double A)

I'm just hoping for some improvement in scouting, drafting and player development. Also hope the declining goaltender is a thing of the past...
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #19
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empach View Post
Jeff if you guys finally beat this bug I am going to be so very happy . I've never managed to get past the first season.
Well, I should say that we've fixed some crashes, but there's still the possibility that other crash-causing bugs may exist. But we've gotten a good response to the request for savegames, so that's let us find and fix some of them, likely the most common ones. And we'll keep checking whatever crash saves people are willing to send us.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #20
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

Anything on the player attiributes not developing over 20? Or was it working as intended? They're just that rare? Thanks.
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote