Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
Buane
Minors (Double A)

The Britannica League - UK-based Promotion/Relegation League with Vacancies

Hello friends! Every once in a while I drop by the OOTP forums to trawl for recruits for The Rising Star League, an online league I've run since 2008. But today is different. Today I come in search of prospective General Managers for a newer endeavor - The Britannica League.

The Britannica League is a Promotion/Relegation League set in the United Kingdom. I have played OOTP for a long time, and have been in online leagues of all shapes and sizes. A promotion/relegation league offers an entirely different kind of challenge - constant competition. Come to play every year, or risk the long hard fall.

At the same time, it affords a lot of excitement. Every year, even in the lowest of tiers, there's excitement over who moves up and who moves down. The drive to compete hopefully brings out the very best in every GM. And in our shortened 84-game season, the door is never closed for any club, and safety is never guaranteed.

The Britannica League is relatively new, with one season under its belt at this point. The second season will be beginning shortly, which is what brings me here. I'm looking for people interested in joining a relatively young league that might do things a little differently than the way they're used to seeing baseball leagues and OOTP leagues do them.

I'm also looking for people who can squeeze those extra wins out of their teams every year, not sit back and only compete after stockpiling great draft picks. Competition makes for the most exciting leagues, no doubt about it. This league is set up so that people who like to compete will thrive, and people who run their teams passively may be at a disadvantage. Get to the top and figure out how to stay there - it's not an easy charge.

Before I go any further into the league specifics, it feels correct to point out that much of this league design is inspired by the excellent PBDL, another fine league you should certainly look into if you're in the mood to scratch that promotion/relegation itch.

Anyway, since I'm sure you're wondering, here is a quick rundown of some of the Britannica League specifics:

The league is made up of three leagues containing 8 teams each - the United League, the Douglas League, and the Guernsey League. The top four teams in each league compete in a playoff at the end of the regular season - the League Champion is promoted one league up. The team with the worst regular season record is relegated down. This is the league in a nutshell. Some other details:

Ratings scale of 1-100
84-game season
No Scouts
No Coaches
DH in all leagues
4-man default rotation
$10 million fixed budget & revenue for all teams

There are these and many more details included in the Rules Thread on our forums, located here for your perusal: The Britannica League

Likewise, you can peruse the League Reports here: BNN Home Page

If you're still interested and reading, I'm sad to report we have only one truly open team currently: the Bath Batallioneers.

The Batallioneers actually finished our inaugural season as part of the top division, and they've got perhaps the best starting pitcher in the league to boot. That's the good news. The bad news is that this offseason is over, and the Batallioneers have suffered under the absence of ownership. They need a savvy GM who can come in and somehow find a way to avert what is the likeliest bet for relegation.

Now, I know that I just said Bath is our only current vacancy. However, given the usually high turnover a league experiences from its inception to its second/third seasons, I am anticipating other teams becoming available as I await correspondence from some less-active GMs. So please feel free to let me know if you're interested, and I will be that much more determined to identify a possible landing spot for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you're interested in joining, you can shoot me a PM or drop me an email at GMYale@gmail.com

Thanks for reading!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
Buane
Minors (Double A)

Bath is tentatively claimed, but there may be at least one additional available team in the next day or two, so if you're still interested just drop me a line!