Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager - Suggestions

MLB Manager - Suggestions Please help us to improve the game and post your suggestions / ideas in this forum!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
Spharv2
Minors (Double A)

Player lock and trade blocking

One thing I'd like to see is the ability to lock a player into a spot. I generally run as GM only, leaving the day to day roster decisions up to the AI, but there are times when I want to get a young player in the lineup and get him playing time. But the AI insists on putting an older guy with better current ratings, but a limited ceiling ahead of him. I'd like to be able to lock a player on the depth chart and say, "You will play this guy. Hit him wherever, and all other roster decisions are yours, but this kid will play". That way I can continue to let the AI handle the day to day shuffling but I will ensure that he won't immediately yank the player I want in the lineup. I'd also like to see that ability on the lineups. Sometimes the lineup logic is a real headscratcher, like putting a guy with great speed and power but a contact rating of 4 (10 point scale) in the leadoff spot. And continuing to play him there despite the .230 average and sub .300 OBP. In general it gets the 3-4 spots right, but I've seen quite a few oddities in the 1-2 spots.

The second thing is the ability to mark an opposing teams player as unwanted or something. In my current offseason, I've got weaknesses at 2nd base, 1st base, and 3rd base because I'm going with some young guys at those spots. I can't currently sim more than 2-3 days of the offseason in a row because the same 5 teams keep bombarding me with offers of the same crappy players that I don't want. It would be nice to be able to mark those players so the AI will stop trying to offer them to me. They've all been rejected, quite literally, a dozen times apiece, and it's making my offseason take forever.
Spharv2 is offline   Reply With Quote