Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 04-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #21
okcochise
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the posts. I definitely prefer the view from higher up so you get a better, more full view of the outfield. Personally, I would prefer a little larger resolution and about an inch or two higher in the outfield. With the top of the stadium slightly cut off, some of each park's personality is lost. The parks begin to look like each other.

For instance, I went to your photo bucket and in viewing multiple parks at once, I couldnt tell that easily which park was which. I'm certain you created them at the dimensions you preferred, but it would be nice if we had a choice if at all possible with larger resolutions from the same view. Again, your view from higher up is better I think when placing player photos on the screen.

Thanks again. Hope you feel better soon,
Jeff
okcochise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #22
Libid21
All Star Reserve

Will we be able to easily install and replace the MLB 2k10 stadium images, effects, etc. with these ones? No offense to the creators of the 2k10... I'm just an MLB 10 fan boy. :P
Libid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #23
SirDrexl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
Will we be able to easily install and replace the MLB 2k10 stadium images, effects, etc. with these ones? No offense to the creators of the 2k10... I'm just an MLB 10 fan boy. :P
Those are actually from The Show. I was a little confused by it being called "MLB 2K10 The Show."

Regarding the resolution, the game renders at 1280x720, and you have to crop that to a 4:3 image, so 960x720 is the max. Although, you can force it to scale to 1080p by unchecking 720p in the PS3's setup menu. However, that probably doesn't yield a better image than you could get by resizing 720p in an image editor.

BTW, the game will shrink the image by default, to accommodate TVs with overscan. Padresfan, did you make sure that the horizontal and vertical image size is maxed out in the game options?
SirDrexl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #24
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

These look good, any chance of getting the wall distances and heights (don't know if they are given by the game).
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #25
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcochise View Post
Thanks for the posts. I definitely prefer the view from higher up so you get a better, more full view of the outfield. Personally, I would prefer a little larger resolution and about an inch or two higher in the outfield. With the top of the stadium slightly cut off, some of each park's personality is lost. The parks begin to look like each other.
Thanks Jeff. Yes, I would prefer that too. Unfortunately, there is no way to pan the MLB camera "up" (to see more of the ballpark) without lowering the height of the camera. So it's a tradeoff, perspective vs. personality.

Anyhoo, just finished taking new shots of all ballparks with the most optimal angle I could find. Will get to work on cropping and then post for everyone to enjoy.

Oh, I will be deleting the current crop of photo's on Photobucket since I took replacement shots for all of those parks.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #26
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
Easily? Not so much. These are just the images. You will still need to tweak player positions, ball flight locations. Effects should remain.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #27
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrexl View Post
Those are actually from The Show. I was a little confused by it being called "MLB 2K10 The Show."

Regarding the resolution, the game renders at 1280x720, and you have to crop that to a 4:3 image, so 960x720 is the max. Although, you can force it to scale to 1080p by unchecking 720p in the PS3's setup menu. However, that probably doesn't yield a better image than you could get by resizing 720p in an image editor.

BTW, the game will shrink the image by default, to accommodate TVs with overscan. Padresfan, did you make sure that the horizontal and vertical image size is maxed out in the game options?
Nope, wish you had posted this tip before I spent all the time on the images. I am using Photoshop to crop the images to a "Fixed Ratio" (as opposed to fixed size) of 640x480. In all cases it will be larger than 640x480, so I'm hoping the images scale well to how most people use them in the game. They look good in my tests.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:30 PM   #28
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Vibert View Post
These look good, any chance of getting the wall distances and heights (don't know if they are given by the game).
Hi Scott, nope. They only give you Capacity and Elevation.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #29
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Ok, I'm really happy how this project turned out! Once I found the optimal overhead angle, everything fell into place. That being said, there were a handful of ballparks that for whatever reason would not allow the camera to go where I wanted it to. For these ballparks, there will still be the fisheye lens effect.

With the exception of a few ballparks, I have been able to crop the image to an even 800x600 pixels. I will note those exceptions as I post the sets of images. My suggestion is that you use these images at 640x480 or 800x600. Anything larger than that and they will become pixelated. I thought about adding a little "blur" to the image to allow for better upscaling, but I think I will leave that possible tweak to the end users. Personally, I like 800x600 so I am all set.

Once I post them all for people to see, I will zip them up and make them available on my website.

Last edited by PadresFan; 04-19-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #30
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Here is the first set of 10 Spring Training ballparks. River County Stadium and Moonstone Park have the camera issue, and Moonstone has a larger image dimension (893x670).

Turbine Stadium Night

Turbine Stadium Day

Sunsito Stadium Night

Sunsito Stadium Day

River County Stadium Night

River County Stadium Day

Palm Frond Park Night

Palm Frond Park Day

Moonstone Park Night

Moonstone Park Day

Mackenzie Field Night

Mackenzie Field Day

Flagstone Field Night

Flagstone Field Day

Date Palm Field Night

Date Palm Field Day

Baseball City Field Night

Baseball City Field Day

American Greens Stadium Night

American Greens Stadium Day
Old 04-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #31
SirDrexl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Based on the shadows, the stadiums with the camera issue look like they might have a canopy or something behind home plate. Maybe the problem is that you can only go so far before you're right up against the structure.
SirDrexl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #32
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrexl View Post
Based on the shadows, the stadiums with the camera issue look like they might have a canopy or something behind home plate. Maybe the problem is that you can only go so far before you're right up against the structure.
Yep, I suspect you are correct.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #33
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Here is the next set, 15 (fictional) Minor League ballparks. Red Rocks Stadium is the only ballpark with the larger than 800x600 dimensions...

Wagonman Stadium Night

Wagonman Stadium Day

Stomp Ground Field Night

Stomp Ground Field Day

Shippett Stadium Night

Shippett Stadium Day

Riverboat Field Night

Riverboat Field Day

Red Rock Stadium Night

Red Rock Stadium Day

Majestic Greens Stadium Night

Majestic Greens Stadium Day

Main Street Field Night

Main Street Field Day

Laughing Mountain Stadium Night

Laughing Mountain Stadium Day

J.M. Field Night

J.M. Field Day

Highland Park Night

Highland Park Day

Green Valley Stadium Night

Green Valley Stadium Day

Franco Park Night

Franco Park Day

Center City Field Night

Center City Field Day

Blue River Stadium Night

Blue River Stadium Day

Barnes Canyon Ballpark Night

Barnes Canyon Ballpark Day
Old 04-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #34
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Next batch, the "classics". Only wonky field here was Shea....

Yankee Stadium circa 2008 Night

Yankee Stadium circa 2008 Day

Sportsmans Park Night

Sportsmans Park Day

Shibe Park Night

Shibe Park Day

Shea Stadium circa 2008 Night

Shea Stadium circa 2008 Day

Polo Grounds Night

Polo Grounds Day

Metrodome circa 2009

Griffith Stadium Night

Griffith Stadium Day

Forbes Field Night

Forbes Field Day

Crosley Field Night

Crosley Field Day
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #35
Libid21
All Star Reserve

Damn... I really want to play with these. The set included with the All-in-One Mod is often wrong when the ball is hit and drops for a base hit sometimes it's way off the foul line...
Libid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #36
PadresFan
All Star Starter

I just took one of these for a test run in the game. Even better than I expected.... I'll finish posting the images for the MLB ballparks later tonight....
Old 04-20-2010, 01:15 AM   #37
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Here are the MLB Stadiums in the daytime. Since I'll be posting these to my Website tonight in a zip file, I'm going to skip posting the links to the night versions. Although if you are impatient, here is the Photobucket link:

OOTP Ballparks - MLB pictures by PadresFanMods - Photobucket

Old 04-20-2010, 01:36 AM   #38
PadresFan
All Star Starter

The images are now zipped up and ready download from the Ballparks page of my Mod OOTP Website. Enjoy!!
Old 04-20-2010, 07:07 AM   #39
risp2out
All Star Reserve

These are just beautiful. I wish they'd do all the old parks -- Ebbets, Tiger, etc. Ah, well. Thanks for the hard work. These will add a lot to the game.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:07 AM   #40
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

I didn't see a Parks.dat file. I assume we just use the default one then?
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote