Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 07-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
Matter2003
All Star Starter

Lightbulb New Schedule Generator Progress Update

Ok, well since I haven't posted any updates at all regarding this, I thought I would give everyone who is interested a progress update...

As you can see by the images, I have a layout finalized for the first version that I am going with. I am basically up to the point where I start randomly scheduling games and advancing days to complete the schedule. I have gotten all the series each team will play created based on min, norm and max series lengths inputted stored in a structure array, which can then be grabbed and input into the scheduler. I was contemplating using a datatable to store the info, but I really prefer working with structures(have I mentioned how much I love structures and structure arrays ) as it is much easier when coding and going back thru it to see variable.numgames= x rather than lds.tables(tablename).rows(0)("something")....this is all in my opinion at least...I am sure that others would give me a good a** chewing for doing it this way, but that's their perogative...including my friend in the football game who loves having me program DB's...

Anyways, just wanted to give everyone a quick update as it has been about a week or so now since I started on this project, and yes, progress is being made...hopefully I should have a test build ready within 10-14 days, if not sooner, depending on my work schedule...

Concerns, comments, questions? Drop me a line(or post if you will)

Matter2003

Check us out on the Git Hub Pages:
Goal-Line-Stand-Football
Matter2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:12 PM   #2
Matter2003
All Star Starter

Oh yeah, I've also incorporated possibly the most random generator code I have ever seen...

It basically takes into account your CPU processing %, Current RAM Usage, Mouse Position, and System Timer to create a randomly generated number that is truly random(unless of course you can make all of these things that same each time you run the proram, which is virtually impossible)...

These should give exceptional results as far as randomization...

Goal-Line-Stand-Football
Old 07-09-2006, 11:28 PM   #3
LeafsFan2005NC
Minors (Double A)

Cool beans.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=121664
LeafsFan2005NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:06 AM   #4
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matter2003
Ok, well since I haven't posted any updates at all regarding this, I thought I would give everyone who is interested a progress update...

As you can see by the images, I have a layout finalized for the first version that I am going with. I am basically up to the point where I start randomly scheduling games and advancing days to complete the schedule. I have gotten all the series each team will play created based on min, norm and max series lengths inputted stored in a structure array, which can then be grabbed and input into the scheduler. I was contemplating using a datatable to store the info, but I really prefer working with structures(have I mentioned how much I love structures and structure arrays ) as it is much easier when coding and going back thru it to see variable.numgames= x rather than lds.tables(tablename).rows(0)("something")....this is all in my opinion at least...I am sure that others would give me a good a** chewing for doing it this way, but that's their perogative...including my friend in the football game who loves having me program DB's...

Anyways, just wanted to give everyone a quick update as it has been about a week or so now since I started on this project, and yes, progress is being made...hopefully I should have a test build ready within 10-14 days, if not sooner, depending on my work schedule...

Concerns, comments, questions? Drop me a line(or post if you will)

Matter2003
Okay, I'm excited about the possibilities and really appreciate the effort and contributions of modders like yourself. Thanks for doing this. Now am I an idiot for not seeing any images? Is there a link I'm not finding?
Old 07-10-2006, 01:08 AM   #5
Matter2003
All Star Starter

sorry man...the images are in the original post...

i should have made that clearer...

Matter2003

Goal-Line-Stand-Football
Old 07-10-2006, 02:07 AM   #6
endgame
Hall Of Famer

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=125781

Ah.... nice, real nice. I'm getting in line. Again, thanks for the contribution! You should put the link in your sig. It's worth the reminder.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:44 AM   #7
reds1
Hall Of Famer

I used Stickware exclusively in previous OOTP versions and was perfectly content with it. This program looks and sounds awesome as well! I am especially looking forward to the split season option. As echoed before, thank you for all the effort you are putting into this. I can hardly wait to see it in action!
Old 07-16-2006, 01:25 AM   #8
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Hey Matter2003,

I'm just about back from my computer troubles, so if you want to chat about schedule format and approaches and such just start asking questions or posting ideas in a thread around here and I'll start adding my thoughts to the mix.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:01 PM   #9
davep1967
Minors (Double A)

Good luck!

Matt -

Good luck with your schedule program creation. You may (or may not) find that filling in the final few games is going to be the hardest part of writing this program.

Thanks
Dave
www.stickware.com