Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 08:34 PM   #61
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish
Is this what you are looking for?
Excellent. The format is exactly right. The only thing is the pose - I think that one might be faced too far to the side. Other than that, I think it looks just about perfect. I've attached a couple of (quick) faces that I've done for reference. I think that that's about the angle that Deft's template uses.

Again, I really appreciate your help.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Layton is my Homeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #62
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

That's perfect, I will be doing a lot of faces over the next couple of days so I hope that you are ready to take on a boatload of photos!!
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:11 PM   #63
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
That's perfect, I will be doing a lot of faces over the next couple of days so I hope that you are ready to take on a boatload of photos!!
I AM! I really appreciate the help, this makes things easier on me because I can spend more time doing the actual coding. As well, since mine is the demo version, they have that annoying "SI" on their foreheads.

One last thing that I just notice though, I think you may need to zoom in a bit more on the face so that it occupies more of the image. I just noticed that in mine, the face pretty much stretches from the top of the frame to the bottom, whereas yours leaves a little more black on the top and bottom.

Sorry to be so nit-picky, but because it's a machine putting these all together even slight inconsistencies can lead to very unpredictable results.

On a completely unrelated note, I am going to release some screenshots over the next week or so just to give everyone an idea of how the prgram will work and what sorts of features it will have.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:55 PM   #64
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layton is my Homeboy
I AM! I really appreciate the help, this makes things easier on me because I can spend more time doing the actual coding. As well, since mine is the demo version, they have that annoying "SI" on their foreheads.
You can remove the SI from the forehead by doing the following:

1. goto the CSAMDEFAULT folder in the Singular Inversions folder.

2. Open the Skin_hi, Skin_Lo and Skin_Med bitmap files in any graphic program and simply smudge the SI off of the file. Save and your SI branding will be gone.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:22 PM   #65
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan
You can remove the SI from the forehead by doing the following:

1. goto the CSAMDEFAULT folder in the Singular Inversions folder.

2. Open the Skin_hi, Skin_Lo and Skin_Med bitmap files in any graphic program and simply smudge the SI off of the file. Save and your SI branding will be gone.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot
Old 06-25-2006, 06:23 PM   #66
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

First Screen Shot

The Road to Release
(just kidding)

I've attached a screen shot just to give everyone a first peek. Things are moving along nicely, and I'm feeling good about the end of July for the timeframe.

(click to enlarge)

Right now I'm working on the utility's internal data structure and on the scanning of CSV dumps generated by the game.

Once this is done, I am going to write the photo generation module.

Next, a team_id to uniform mapping module.

Then, some filtering options.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #67
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The Road to Release
(just kidding)

I've attached a screen shot just to give everyone a first peek. Things are moving along nicely, and I'm feeling good about the end of July for the timeframe.

(click to enlarge)

Right now I'm working on the utility's internal data structure and on the scanning of CSV dumps generated by the game.

Once this is done, I am going to write the photo generation module.

Next, a team_id to uniform mapping module.

Then, some filtering options.
This is awesome. Thank you. As I've said before, I can not wait for this. It will help ootpb2006 in a great way.
Kyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:41 PM   #68
Robster49
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looks like it will be easy to use, so count me in with the "patiently waiting for release crowd".

That screenshot is making me drool.
Robster49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:13 PM   #69
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

This is sweet!!!! Just wondering though, could it also do photos for OOTP 6.5

There are a lot of users still using the older program. This would be nice.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:06 AM   #70
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan
This is sweet!!!! Just wondering though, could it also do photos for OOTP 6.5

There are a lot of users still using the older program. This would be nice.
Sandman, you haven't moved up to OOTPB2006 yet?

Oh and Layton is my Homeboy, could you post a few more screenies?!

Kyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:57 AM   #71
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyros

A little bit of a fear factor for me. I am in year 92 of my most current league and when I get to the point where I am starting a new one I will dive in to 2006 with a universe ( of which I already started planning )...... I was gone from December through the middle of May and just did not get the chance yet to order.......

About this project: I like where this program could go because I created over 9000 facegen images and put them into a folder, went to use them, and they looked real bad. I used the grey background in facegen and then realized that I needed to use black. Went back manually changed them to black and it made it worse on conversion withing PSP 9.0. The large pictures were fine. The Genetic ones were bad...... I now only use the large created pictures when using facegen.....but I create one facing forward and one angled for the template....

The more tools, the more we will get people into this game......
Old 06-28-2006, 10:37 PM   #72
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyros

Oh and Layton is my Homeboy, could you post a few more screenies?!

Not just yet, I'm afraid. At this point, there's not a lot of "interface" design to be done until I've written some of the back-end code, so that's really all it looks like for now. As soon as I've made any progress, though, I'll post it ASAP.

As well, when the program is set for release, I plan on releasing some photos to give people an idea of the quality/style of the images. In order to ensure that I'm not just picking the best photos, I'm going to run the utility on my own league and post the curret year's all-star teams, regardless of the quality of the images.

Sandman, I'm not sure about 6.5. I haven't used it in a very long time myself. There's really just one obstacle: I don't remember how data was exported in OOTP 6.5. That's really it. It's easy enough to export the photos as BMPs instead of JPGs, and the basic generation code is identical. I just don't know enough about the data structure, and that's really most of the work.

I'm willing to give it a shot once the 2006 version is released, but no guarantees.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #73
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Just giving my own update...

I have about 500 African American faces, almost 700 white faces and 300 Asian faces so far done I just have to size them.

I should be sending you a load in about 2 or 3 days
Old 06-29-2006, 07:20 PM   #74
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Just giving my own update...

I have about 500 African American faces, almost 700 white faces and 300 Asian faces so far done I just have to size them.

I should be sending you a load in about 2 or 3 days
Excellent stuff! I really appreciate all the work you're putting into this. It really helps me out a lot.

On a totally unrelated update of my own, I just got my LSAT score back and I got a 168 (96th percentile.) I'm going to celebrate by using a smilie in a post for the first time ever on these borards-something that I have consciously avoided up till now.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:27 PM   #75
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Quote:
On a totally unrelated update of my own, I just got my LSAT score back and I got a 168 (96th percentile.)
Congrats!
gbmoore121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:40 PM   #76
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Good job Fella.... good to see a fellow canuck doing well!

Old 07-02-2006, 12:30 AM   #77
Yaphank League
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I have about 500 African American faces...
Dude, I have a few African teams in my league. Could you add a just a few regular African faces in this awesome set!
Yaphank League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:56 AM   #78
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

hear hear!

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #79
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
hear hear!
Thank you, and happy belated Canada Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaphank League
Dude, I have a few African teams in my league. Could you add a just a few regular African faces in this awesome set!
There will definitely be African faces in the set. The way the program works is that I have a csv file that gives an approximate ethnic breakdown for every country in the game. An individual player's ethnicity is then determined by his country of origin. For example, a player from the United States has a 15% chance of having an African face, 5% Asian, etc.

A player from South Africa has an 85% chance of having an African face.

So, if you have players that are actually from Africa, then they will more than likely have African faces (unless they are from Northern Africa, in which case they are more likely Arabs).

There are a couple of issues with this method. The biggest is that FaceGen only includes 4 ethnicities - European, African, East Indian, and Asian. Clearly, there are going to be issues when you have a country that is predominately Arab, Hispanic, or anything else. (If there is anyone who knows a good mix of sliders will simulate these other ethnicities, then maybe I can further refine the data I have and have face assignment work even better.)
Old 07-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #80
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There are a couple of issues with this method. The biggest is that FaceGen only includes 4 ethnicities - European, African, East Indian, and Asian. Clearly, there are going to be issues when you have a country that is predominately Arab, Hispanic, or anything else.

Although... hispanic is european, isn't it?