Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 12-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #601
No Pepper
All Star Starter

I'm having similiar issues CBLCardinals. Not sure what to make of it. I'll holler your way if I hear anything. Bummer eh?
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:04 AM   #602
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Layton, I think 2007 may have just put you out of business. Good for us, bad for you (maybe).
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #603
ChuckkieB
Minors (Double A)

Although Layton hasn't been around in a while, I would just like to thank him for all of his great work on FaceTool. Although there were a few outstanding hiccups and bugs that were never completely reconciled, it was a great mod becasue it broke new ground, was incredibly popular with this community, and clearly laid the groundwork for the FaceGen technology to be included and supported in the 2007 version of OOTP.

Layton, your work was gretly appreciated. Cheers!

CB
Old 02-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #604
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
Layton, I think 2007 may have just put you out of business. Good for us, bad for you (maybe).
What do you think Layton is up to nowadays?

He's known about this for A Very Long Time.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #605
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
What do you think Layton is up to nowadays?

He's known about this for A Very Long Time.
Hmmm. I was wondering about that. He seemed to be on the forefront of the FaceGen thing for OOTP so it's good to see he's involved in it.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #606
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Although I'm not sure what the connection is/was between Layton and OOTP/SI, at the very least his work on FaceTool was an inspiration for FaceGen. I dimly remember a post by Markus that extolled FaceTool . . . and voilà for 2007. Still no word from Layton since October 15, however.

EDIT: But he did log on as late as February 1 as his profile shows, so he is still around.

Last edited by 1998 Yankees; 02-03-2007 at 06:35 PM.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #607
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
Still no word from Layton since October 15, however.

EDIT: But he did log on as late as February 1 as his profile shows, so he is still around.
He's a very busy man in real life.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:07 PM   #608
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Let's hope he returns as an active participant some day. On the boards, that is.

Last edited by 1998 Yankees; 02-03-2007 at 09:08 PM.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #609
pjburrage
Bat Boy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckkieB View Post
I posted this in General Discussion but thought it was appropriate to post here as well........

I FINALLY figured it out!!!!!!!!! After many days of endless testing I am finally able to run FaceTool on a consistent basis through multiple years of my leagues without getting ANY errors!

I am no programming expert. In fact, I don't know how to program at all. However, through very crude trial and error, I am able to say the following with absolute certainty about my particular situation:

There is a bug in FaceTool which prohibits it from recognizing a modified NATIONS.txt file after the first use in a game.

This his been extensilvely tested. Every single game I was running previously had a modified nations.txt file (modified only once before ANY test leagues were created). I never bothered to check it before because Layton is my Homeboy, the creator of this awesome tool, had stated in his 1.0 release notes that the tool was able to support a modified nations.txt file. While this might be the case in other instances for other people, in my particular case, it definitely is not. It's all good, though. After restoring the original nations.txt file, I am now able to utilize this absolutely incredible tool without any issues.

To those people out there who are still getting the various errors I have described in this thread and on the General discussion board, restoring the original nations.txt file (if you are using an amended version), might just do the trick. Good luck!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
I'm having the 'Invalid Pointer Operation' error, but I haven't modified the Nations.txt file in the OOTP Baseball 2006\Data\Database folder, so I have the original already. I'm very confused at this 'fix'
pjburrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #610
ChuckkieB
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjburrage View Post
I'm having the 'Invalid Pointer Operation' error, but I haven't modified the Nations.txt file in the OOTP Baseball 2006\Data\Database folder, so I have the original already. I'm very confused at this 'fix'
As I mentioned in my post, my fix was for my specific case and might night work for everyone. I was getting many other errors as well in addition to the 'Invalid Pointer Operation' which I detailed in another thread.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=133966

I can say with certainty though that the modified nations.txt file was the culprit in my particular case. After much trial and error, I came to this conlusion.

Hopefully you can figure out your particular issue. In any case, if you're willing to purchase OOTP 2007, you will be happy to know that the FaceGen technology has been developed further and incorporated into the actual game. Read this thread for more deatils.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=137990
Old 02-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #611
pjburrage
Bat Boy

Quote:
In any case, if you're willing to purchase OOTP 2007, you will be happy to know that the FaceGen technology has been developed further and incorporated into the actual game.
Yeah saw that, might just leave the Facetool pics out of my current games, and wait until 2007.
pjburrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #612
darkenigma510
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
He's a very busy man in real life.
That's because Layton = Markus
darkenigma510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #613
sparky
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey.. i'm getting the "invalid pointer operation" error and i know its because i have a modified nations.txt... problem is i forgot to backup the original nations.txt and i cant seem to find the setup.exe for OOTP so i have no way of getting the original back.. i was wonderin if someone could please post the original nations.txt for me? that'd be awesome...thanks in advance...peace...
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:26 PM   #614
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Not Dead Yet

Ya... so I'm sorry I haven't been on the boards in... forever.

I just noticed all of the kind words about me. Thank you; I appreciate it.

Re: the comment that 2007 will put me out of business:

I think that 2007 is a great game overall, and I'm absolutely delighted with all of the facegen work that's gone in to it. I'm personally very, very excited for release day, as I think that this version will be the most engaging and playable release to date. The entire team has done an outstanding job, once again, and each version gets better and better and better.

Re: the comment "He's a very busy man in real life.":

This is very true. Between finishing up my philosophy degree, applying for law school, and my involvement in Canadian politics, I have a lot of demands on my time. So much so I'm probably not going to be very active on the forums any time soon. I do pop in occasionally and read a few threads, though. And, of course, I still play the game.

Cheers,

Devin Johnston [a.k.a. Layton is my Homeboy]
www.devinjohnston.ca
Layton is my Homeboy is offline   Reply With Quote