Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #241
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Anxious to see the 3d player improvements.

Are the 3d parks being updated with more detail? IE Distances on the walls, black scoreboards being "filled in", better detailed writing on dugout tops (Welcome to the friendly confines etc.), cosmetic issues (Wrigley grass in front of plate comes to a point instead of being round, some stadiums have advertising on the CF wall in the batter's view).

Ditto... getting this closer to FPS Sports Baseball or High Heat (for managerial modes with graphics -- not an arcade game) is my highest decision factor.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:58 PM   #242
LooneyOne
Minors (Single A)

It must be frustrating being an OOTP developer and having everyone constantly asking for new features, in every post, 24/7 lol .. "we need this", "does it have that" etc .. lol .. with that out the way, lmao, will OOTPXX finally have an "UNDO" button for simulated games so we can re-simulate a game? .. or at least have an option to turn the undo button on or off for those who dont like this idea ..
LooneyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:32 PM   #243
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Hope we get a sneak peek before the discount deadline... buying blind is always a tough call... Then again 10% isn't enough of a discount to force a premature decision either... so we will see...
Old 03-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #244
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klkitchens View Post
Hope we get a sneak peek before the discount deadline... buying blind is always a tough call... Then again 10% isn't enough of a discount to force a premature decision either... so we will see...
If you don't mind the steam version I think the discount is offered there the whole release week. That should give plenty of time read the boards and see plenty of screenshots.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #245
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
If you don't mind the steam version I think the discount is offered there the whole release week. That should give plenty of time read the boards and see plenty of screenshots.

perfect!
Old 03-11-2019, 06:45 PM   #246
Jeffy25
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anxious to see the 3d player improvements.

Are the 3d parks being updated with more detail? IE Distances on the walls, black scoreboards being "filled in", better detailed writing on dugout tops (Welcome to the friendly confines etc.), cosmetic issues (Wrigley grass in front of plate comes to a point instead of being round, some stadiums have advertising on the CF wall in the batter's view).

Nice additions with more to come.

Will "scoring updates" be added back to the out of town scores widget? Pretty please
Maybe I'm in the minority, but graphic work isn't something I care about at all. It being appeasing to the eye is what the Show is for. Sorry if that sounded curt. I just care about having the most realistic simulation possible. Graphics are a perk to me.

Sorry if that came off argumentative. Just spit balling the discussion here.
Jeffy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:59 PM   #247
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I don't want to see any changes to the parks that would keep us from being able to use the models already available.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #248
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Small request: have spring training end right before the regular season, regardless of the length of ST. As it is, if I run only a 2-week spring training, then there are 2 1/2 weeks off before the start of the season and players start the season with “rust”.
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:57 PM   #249
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority, but graphic work isn't something I care about at all. It being appeasing to the eye is what the Show is for. Sorry if that sounded curt. I just care about having the most realistic simulation possible. Graphics are a perk to me.

And that's ok that you don't care about graphics but....

Lets not forget your quote of my post left out this .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

Much More
  • All new Spray Charts for players
  • Improved historical league player ratings and simulation accuracy
  • All new tiebreaker calculations
  • Added support to have players in lineup backup other positions, and substitute in starting lineups for them
  • Teams can participate in multiple tournaments at the same time
  • More to come, we will update this list once new features get implemented!

Bold added by me, in the original post, which I followed with... "Nice additions with more to come. "

Nowhere did I say 3d improvements were the most important or the be-all end-all. I only said I was anxious to see them.

I also care about having the most realistic simulation possible. It's that I don't just care about that. Too me there is no reason we can't have both.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:17 AM   #250
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Was anything added in the way of data visualization (preferably more graphs) of players’ stats and ratings, outside of the spray charts? Or more functionality/depth to the preexisting charts?

Would it ever be possible to get splits going back longer than two years? Or does the file size explode for something like that?

Last edited by torpidbeaver; 03-12-2019 at 02:19 AM.
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:53 AM   #251
TwinsTHunter
Minors (Double A)

This is very minor, but just curious if anything was added to maybe stop getting those emails from teams that say "Are you interested in player X?"

If you set up your "trade status" and "define team needs" to, let's say a "superstar potential hitter under 23 years old" right now several teams will send emails, sometimes on a daily basis, asking if I'm interested in a player they have.

While at first this seemed like a nice touch, it's basically meaningless. Teams don't seem to contact you if they want to trade the player, but rather it just seems to be OOTP telling you that "hey, this player fits your needs, no idea if you can acquire him though"

There's been several times where teams have told me player X is available, I offer 3 or 4 of my best players (just to test it out) and I STILL can't get the guy.

It just gets a little frustrating to have the simulation stopped multiple times a year for a team to suggest a player to me that isn't even really available. If I could turn these emails off, or make it so they don't stop the simulation it'd be great.

I know that if i don't "define team needs" these emails stop, but then so do trade proposals for the most part.

I will be pre-ordering as soon as it releases on Steam, but just curious if anyone else brought this very minor issue up yet.
TwinsTHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #252
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Cool

Quote:

What is "The Show"? And if it's not a realistic simulation, then it's no more comparable than the board game "Monopoly" and not really relevant to this discussion.

Good you don't like the graphical realism presented, but fortunately OOTP decided to add it in to make the great game even better. The kings of the past, Earl Weaver Baseball, FPS: Baseball and High Heat were all realistic (for their time) sim engines AND graphically pleasing.

No one is asking for an arcade, twitch, controller driven game and it's silly to imagine that improved visuals implies that in any way, shape, or form.

Graphics ARE a perk. But they are not an unimportant one. The pawns from two years ago were a nice touch. I skipped last year's release and hoping this year's release ups the animation dramatically.

There's room for all in the OOTP tent and for me, seeing the game played out is the thing OOTP has been missing until the last few years.

That truth said, I'm not sure you're in the minority though. Seems the text-sim-ophiles are very resistant when it comes to fixing anything outside the hood.

Last edited by klkitchens; 03-12-2019 at 11:02 AM.
klkitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #253
sabrtoothtiger
Minors (Double A)

the youtube trailer had a mention of exit velocity, so I think it's safe to assume that is in the game as well. big add.
sabrtoothtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #254
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

When playing a "Random Debut Historical League," will the game include Negro League and Nippon League historical players?

If not, can we manually import them?
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:47 PM   #255
Jeffy25
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What is "The Show"? And if it's not a realistic simulation, then it's no more comparable than the board game "Monopoly" and not really relevant to this discussion.

Good you don't like the graphical realism presented, but fortunately OOTP decided to add it in to make the great game even better. The kings of the past, Earl Weaver Baseball, FPS: Baseball and High Heat were all realistic (for their time) sim engines AND graphically pleasing.

No one is asking for an arcade, twitch, controller driven game and it's silly to imagine that improved visuals implies that in any way, shape, or form.

Graphics ARE a perk. But they are not an unimportant one. The pawns from two years ago were a nice touch. I skipped last year's release and hoping this year's release ups the animation dramatically.

There's room for all in the OOTP tent and for me, seeing the game played out is the thing OOTP has been missing until the last few years.

That truth said, I'm not sure you're in the minority though. Seems the text-sim-ophiles are very resistant when it comes to fixing anything outside the hood.
All I am arguing is that I'd prefer they spend more time on the simulation and AI logic, rather than on graphics. What they have now is plenty good for me. You took this beyond the scope of what I was discussing.
Jeffy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:29 AM   #256
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
All I am arguing is that I'd prefer they spend more time on the simulation and AI logic, rather than on graphics. What they have now is plenty good for me. You took this beyond the scope of what I was discussing.
Seemed to be right on target for the discussion, but if your words weren't clear and I misunderstood, I apologize.

But they should not neglect ANY segment of the game for another one. Now that they've upgraded the OOTP experience to include graphic outcomes, they should work on it just as much as the other segments (if not more, since they've been working under the hood for 20 years now and animations for just a couple).

Like I said though... you're not the minority. Unfortunately I think I am. But the glory days of PC Baseball are on the cusp of coming back now that they've added animations. Hope they continue to improve that highly necessary feature.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:28 AM   #257
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooneyOne View Post
It must be frustrating being an OOTP developer and having everyone constantly asking for new features, in every post, 24/7 lol .. "we need this", "does it have that" etc .. lol .. with that out the way, lmao, will OOTPXX finally have an "UNDO" button for simulated games so we can re-simulate a game? .. or at least have an option to turn the undo button on or off for those who dont like this idea ..
they could end it but have any actual site listing new features, categorzied and searchable...instead (and MORE!)
they could discuss what is in the pipeline

till then the devs can continue to ignore the forums
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:30 AM   #258
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver View Post
Was anything added in the way of data visualization (preferably more graphs) of players’ stats and ratings, outside of the spray charts? Or more functionality/depth to the preexisting charts?

Would it ever be possible to get splits going back longer than two years? Or does the file size explode for something like that?
I would like to know why we can't get splits now for longer than 2 years.
It is 20th version of the game!
Old 03-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #259
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Seemed to be right on target for the discussion, but if your words weren't clear and I misunderstood, I apologize.

But they should not neglect ANY segment of the game for another one. Now that they've upgraded the OOTP experience to include graphic outcomes, they should work on it just as much as the other segments (if not more, since they've been working under the hood for 20 years now and animations for just a couple).

Like I said though... you're not the minority. Unfortunately I think I am. But the glory days of PC Baseball are on the cusp of coming back now that they've added animations. Hope they continue to improve that highly necessary feature.
i dunno...why can't i put in the dimensions of the ballpark and have the ballpark rendered along with ballpark factors adjusted??

It should be simple....it should be simple to import other ball parks that players spend so much valuable time on.

I could make maybe one or two.....but don't have time to do this a living of full time hobby.......and i never get to play many actual games where i see graphics anyway (TIME TIME TIME)
Old 03-13-2019, 11:09 AM   #260
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:

I was a tex-sim-ophile at first. LOL. now I can't imagine playing the game without. the animations are WAY better than I ever expected.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote