Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #41
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Caribou Huntsmen

Just trying to stretch the league out to cover more of the northern areas, and Caribou was basically my only option. The Huntsmen are the affiliate of the Mammoths. The main logo is from Huntsmen Unlimited, a company that I couldn't find any information on besides the logo being printed on some mugs and t-shirts... the alt logo is just the tree from the main one, with the C layered on.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 07-07-2017 at 03:27 AM.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:50 PM   #42
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Bridgeport Bluefish

Another team pulled out of an Indy league to join the minors was the Bridgeport Bluefish of the Atlantic League. They became the affiliate of the Cape Cod Sharks. All logos are taken from the team as-is, with some minor edits.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 07-07-2017 at 03:28 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:57 PM   #43
micropterus58
All Star Starter

Being from Connecticut I'm enjoying your post. I look forward to seeing your new additions. I appreciate that you do some in depth searching for logos and not taking the typical ones. I've made a fictional league myself based in New England. The NEFA, New England Federal Association. I used population lists to find the cities and towns. You still include the smaller towns in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Otherwise every team would be in southern New England.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #44
Gern44
All Star Starter

I love this Jersey Template Fyre. All these jerseys look great.

I swear I'm not partial because I live in Massachusetts, work in Rhode Island and have relatives in New Hampshire and Vermont. Nope. Not at all...

Gern44's Blog
Gern44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #45
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Yes, Fyre, good stuff. I'm carrying fond memories, game memories only unfortunately, of the Northeast. My franchise was originally located in Bridgewater, CT, sustained by financial sponsorship out of Bridgeport. In the fictional league evolution (storylines of my own creation) there was a brief negotiation to locate in northern Maine near the Canadian border. Requiring a renaming of the team tipped the scales. The Burnham Library and its history- which spawned the concept of the original Seers -will long be remembered in our own history.

Well, that was a sudden, unexpected, and unsolicited expectoration. Apologies. At least you know now your contributions are inspiring.

All the best.

Gern, again glad to see you around and active. I'm now following your blog entries.

Keep it up, gentlemen. The forums are a better place because of you. Thanks!

Last edited by endgame; 06-22-2017 at 01:29 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #46
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
I used population lists to find the cities and towns. You still include the smaller towns in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Otherwise every team would be in southern New England.
Yeah, that was an issue in the initial league design. My fictional secession storyline allowed me to fudge a few things (like the re-positioning of the "South Coast" and imagining that some smaller towns had a population boom). What I tried to do was not include any town under 8,000 population, and gave some of the smaller cities a large region (like Bennington representing the Green Mountains).

With the minors, I had a harder time - I divided the AAA league into 6 divisions of 4, one division per state. I was left with a host of Massachusetts cities I wanted to use but couldn't, and really had to stretch for Maine and Vermont. Then I used AA and A to populate teams in areas that had been neglected.

Logos and unis will be a ways down the road still, but AA has the Cape Cod League (as-is, with two additional teams), and the Interstate League, with teams situated along I-95 and I-91. A-Ball consists of the Conn-Mass League (self-explanatory), the Greater Boston League for the Boston suburbs, and the Maine Woods League, just for fun up in the middle of nowhere.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:00 AM   #47
redr0bin
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Yeah, that was an issue in the initial league design. My fictional secession storyline allowed me to fudge a few things (like the re-positioning of the "South Coast" and imagining that some smaller towns had a population boom). What I tried to do was not include any town under 8,000 population, and gave some of the smaller cities a large region (like Bennington representing the Green Mountains).

With the minors, I had a harder time - I divided the AAA league into 6 divisions of 4, one division per state. I was left with a host of Massachusetts cities I wanted to use but couldn't, and really had to stretch for Maine and Vermont. Then I used AA and A to populate teams in areas that had been neglected.

Logos and unis will be a ways down the road still, but AA has the Cape Cod League (as-is, with two additional teams), and the Interstate League, with teams situated along I-95 and I-91. A-Ball consists of the Conn-Mass League (self-explanatory), the Greater Boston League for the Boston suburbs, and the Maine Woods League, just for fun up in the middle of nowhere.
Make sure you include the worst team name of all time in your minor league: the Fiskdale Fisters, a casual baseball league team in my area.
"You know, Branch, I'm going to have to meet my Maker some day. And if He asks me why I didn't let this boy play, and I say it's because he's black, that might not be a satisfactory answer...It isn't my job to decide which colors can play big league baseball. It is my job to see that the game is fairly played and that everybody has an equal chance. I think if I do that, I can face my Maker with a clear conscience."
redr0bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:22 PM   #48
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Danbury Dash

This one was a result of finding a cool logo and wanting to use it. The D with the arrow comes from Dash In Food Stores, and I liked it enough to want to build a design around it. The rest of the text is custom. Blue and gold was chosen to reflect the teams' affiliate, the Jackrabbits.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 07-07-2017 at 03:29 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:42 PM   #49
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Brunswick Vulcans

Portland's AAA team continues their purple theme. The hammer logo is from the Berlin Thunder of NFL Europe; everything else was built around that.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 07-07-2017 at 03:30 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #50
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

In the process of changing all the image links over to imgur because screw you, Photobucket.

The only downside is that imgur shortens the file names, so I've attached a zip file with the proper file names intact, in case anyone wants to plug-and-play without having to rename them all. I'll do the same for each league as I finish them.

NEBA Collection
Old 07-07-2017, 02:22 AM   #51
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
In the process of changing all the image links over to imgur because screw you, Photobucket.

The only downside is that imgur shortens the file names, so I've attached a zip file with the proper file names intact, in case anyone wants to plug-and-play without having to rename them all. I'll do the same for each league as I finish them.

NEBA Collection
Thanks fyrestorm. I had your NEBA already but hadn't downloaded the minors before the 3rd party thing hit. So your going to zip the minors as you finish them? Just hoping I read this correctly.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:21 AM   #52
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
Thanks fyrestorm. I had your NEBA already but hadn't downloaded the minors before the 3rd party thing hit. So your going to zip the minors as you finish them? Just hoping I read this correctly.
Yes, once each particular league is finished, I'll zip that league up.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:02 PM   #53
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Warwick-Cranston Jets

So named due to TF Green airport being located in Warwick. The main logo is an edit of the Janesville Jets of the NAHL. The wordmarks are all custom, though I will admit the jersey logo bears a resemblance to the old Winnipeg Jets'. They are currently the affiliate of the Salem Tide, though I've considered switching them over to the Hawks, due to the color scheme similarities.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 07-10-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:10 PM   #54
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Barre Town Grays

As the self-proclaimed "granite center of the world," I thought Grays was a fitting moniker for the team from Barre (incorporating both Barre City and Barre Town). The main logo was modified from that of the DC Grays, of the Cal Ripken Collegiate League. In my game, they are the affiliate of the Burlington Bears.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 07-10-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:38 PM   #55
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah. Love the dark.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #56
jack_2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Photoshop for the custom logos?
jack_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:01 PM   #57
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_2 View Post
Photoshop for the custom logos?
If you're asking what I use to make/edit them, yes, Photoshop CS6.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:25 PM   #58
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

New Britain Bees

So, funny story. I actually named this team without realizing that there was a New Britain Bees team added to the Atlantic League last year. So... go me, I guess! The Bees therefore migrated with the Bluefish into the NRL, where they are the affiliate of the River Rats. All logos taken directly from the current team.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:21 PM   #59
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Rochester Leatherbacks

Rochester isn't exactly on the sea, but the name for this team didn't come from the turtle in the first place. Rochester was once home to a thriving shoe industry; in my attempts to craft a potential team name around that fact, I hit on "Leatherbacks," and I liked it. Rochester is the affiliate of the Worcester Devils; the "Leatherbacks" text was taken from a fan design for a Washington team (via Google search); the "Rochester" text was created from it as well. The turtle in the main logo comes from another fan design, for the Beloit Snappers this time; the secondary turtle was taken directly from the minor league Daytona Tortugas. Finally, the R on the caps was my creation from this thread.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 08-09-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:06 PM   #60
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Fall River Mustangs

I've done a TON of blue teams for this league so far, gonna have to change that soon... The Mustangs' main logo comes from the Peoria Mustangs of the NA3HL. The secondary is from the Nickname Project, and as such I'm not totally sure of its origins. The Mustangs are, naturally, the affiliate of the Stampede.