Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 04-17-2016, 12:18 PM   #1
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

The Tall Tactician: The Continuing Career Of Connie Mack And His Philadelphia Athletics(OOTP 17)

The Tall Tactician: The Continuing Career Of Connie Mack And His Philadelphia Athletics
(OOTP 18)

Last edited by PhillieFever; 05-02-2017 at 04:03 PM.
PhillieFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 12:20 PM   #2
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Career Almanac
Connie Mack
Old 04-17-2016, 12:20 PM   #3
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Hall Of Fame

Last edited by PhillieFever; 04-18-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:21 PM   #4
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Major MLB Records & Accomplishments

MLB Single Season Records

Batting Average:
At Bats:
Hits:
Doubles:
Triples:
Home Runs:
Total Bases:
Runs Batted In:
Runs Scored:
Stolen Bases:
On Base Pct:
Slugging Pct:
OPS:
-------------------
Innings Pitched:
Wins:
Losses:
Saves:
Earned Run Avg:
Strikeouts:
Walks:

MLB Career Records

Last edited by PhillieFever; 04-18-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:58 PM   #5
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

December 17, 1904

Baseball Wars Come To An End!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magnates, Leagues, And Players Come To Terms On New National Agreement

Baseball, as we have known it for much of it's existence, has been brought to a swift and sudden end today with the signing of a new national agreement.
In an announcement to a gathering of reporters in New York City, National League President Harry Pulliam along with Byron Johnson, President of the American League outlined the major points of the agreement which was made in the hope that professional baseball can move on from the incessant in-fighting and outright revolts which have marred the game for years. Those points include:

- Beginning in the fall of 1905 and in each fall thereafter, the pennant winners of the National and American League's will go head to head in a 7 game series to decide that's season's world's champion.

-Each and every December the magnates of each club will gather for an "entry draft" of newly eligible players only. In order to become eligible for that season's entry draft, young men aged 18 or greater must register with the National Baseball offices in New York City by September 1st of the current draft year.

.-Players are no longer bound to their parent club for eternity. Once a major league player has put in seven years of service with said parent club, they earn the right to shop their talents to the highest bidder, if they so choose of course.

Last edited by PhillieFever; 05-02-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:52 AM   #6
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

A brief note from the writer:
For years and years I've tried to get a consistently good, long running dynasty page going here at OOTP, and for whatever reason, be it human error, a flaw in the game(more so with earlier versions), my own insanity, or some other freak accident, I've consistently failed spectacularly. So with that in mind, I've tried to do all that I can to ensure the longevity of this particular dynasty page.
The story of Connie Mack and his Philadelphia Athletics has always fascinated me, as has the deadball era itself, which by the way, OOTP gets so so right. So it was with this in mind that I chose this man, this, team, and this era. I will do my utmost to make the story as fun to read as possible, I hope you guys enjoy it. Thank you for your time, now let's
PLAY BALL!
Old 04-18-2016, 10:34 AM   #7
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

April 14, 1905

Baseball Men Ready For Opening To-Day
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Championship Games Of Season By Major League Clubs
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teams Show Much Strength
-----------------------------------------------------------
Games Scheduled For To-Day
National League
Boston at New York
Philadelphia at Brooklyn
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati
Chicago at St. Louis
-------------------
American League
New York at Washington
Boston at Philadelphia
Detroit at Cleveland
St. Louis at Chicago

With the opening baseball games to-day, the National League will enter upon its 30th year of existence and the American League its 5th, and all indications point to the year as being one of the most interesting and successful in the 34 years of organized baseball. The owners of 16 clubs of the two leagues have had six months to ponder over the situation and strengthen their teams, and it is evident that with the picked men from the minor leagues added to the best of the old players the teams will be in a better position than ever to prosecute a vigorous campaign. Looking over the material which will represent the major leagues, and judging by their exhibition in the training campaign, there should be no runaway race for the championship of the National League, such as was seen last year, while the prospects are bright for a repetition of last year's close and exciting finish in the American League, with possibly four clubs being interested instead of two.
Whenever pennant possibilities are talked about, the New York Giants loom up as a formidable defender of the honors it won last year. Manager John McGraw has not overlooked the fact that his men will be harder pressed this season, and that a reversal of form by any member of the team may prove disastrous for New York.
The Brooklyn team has been reorganized, and the owners and manager Ned Hanlon have received much encouragement from their good play in spring training.
Chicago, which finished second to New York has an unusually fast team, while Cincinnati management has left nothing undone to make that team a leading factor in the race.
Manager Fred Clarke has been hard at work in perfecting the Pittsburgh aggregation, and he, with President Barney Dreyfus, believes that the ex-champions will regain their lost laurels this year.
Boston, St. Louis, and Philadelphia have evidently improved their last year's condition and promise not to be such easy marks.
Fast and skillful play will undoubtedly be shown by the eight clubs of the American League, but instead of the Boston Americans, the defending world champions, and the New York Highlanders, having the finish between them, it is confidently believed that Cleveland, with the great Nap LaJoie in supreme command, the Chicago White Sox, and Philadelphia Athletics will cut a conspicuous figure in the struggle for the championship.
Manager Jimmy Collins has got his Boston team in great shape, while New York, with Hal Chase at first base, and John Anderson in center field, are undoubtedly in as good form, if not better, then they were at this time last year. Jack Chesbro, with his famous wet ball, is in good trim, and much is expected of Jack Powell, Al Orth, and even Walter Clarkson, whom manager Clark Griffith still believes will develop into a first class hurler. The other members of the team have played a fast and snappy game, and the outlook is particularly bright for the runners-up for the championship in 1904.
The Washington team should show great improvement over last year's form. Many changes have also been made in the Detroit and St. Louis teams, and their practice in the south this spring indicates that they will make a better record than last year.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:00 PM   #8
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Deleted for restart

Last edited by PhillieFever; 05-02-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:09 PM   #9
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Deleted for restart

Last edited by PhillieFever; 05-02-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:22 PM   #10
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Deleted for restart

Last edited by PhillieFever; 05-02-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:33 PM   #11
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Deleted for restart

Last edited by PhillieFever; 05-02-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:38 PM   #12
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Deleted for restart.

Last edited by PhillieFever; 05-02-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:22 PM   #13
Big Train
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
Call it a self fulfilling prophesy, call it fate, call it whatever you want. In creating the fictional talent for the minor leagues, I created "2016" type players instead of "1905" type players. So, that's that. More time wasted!!!
You can block them from reaching the majors or delete and recreate the minors with a few clicks.
Big Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #14
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Train View Post
You can block them from reaching the majors or delete and recreate the minors with a few clicks.
Ugh. I got so disgusted, that I completely deleted the league yesterday. Thanks tho Big Train.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:53 PM   #15
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

My heart lies here, always has. The one dynasty I've always, always wanted to do was a Philadelphia Athletics dynasty beginning in 1905 and going forward through history, playing out some seasons day by day, and simming others(but always calling the shots on the GM side). So that said, I am giving this another go.
I'm starting in 1905 as Connie Mack, manager/GM/part owner of the Philadelphia Athletics. 1905 will be played out day by day, from there, we'll see! One thing at a time lol. As mentioned above, the draft and free agency are active right from jump-street. As an added wrinkle there is also a third Major League, the PCL(8 clubs, split season format) but the PCL is ITS OWN ENTITY, has its own (fictional)players and its own (budding)history. Interaction between the leagues is possible, but I'm not sure how likely. Time will tell. Either way, unlike last year's effort, the fictional players have been created in the mold of the era they are playing in. I hope you guys like it!!
Next up, opening day!

Last edited by PhillieFever; 05-02-2017 at 03:54 PM.