Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #1
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

A couple of things

Decided to kill some time before tomorrow's beta release and play some FHM3 today. I found a couple of things:

1. Gretzky's Office player role description is cut off.

2. I dont know if this is intended or not, but when you change the overall strategy of the team it erases all of your assigned player roles.

3. It would be nice to have a way to multi-select players to do certain things like send them to the minors or to a reserve list.

4. The jersey numbers in the historical play are no where near accurate. Setup here takes a ton of work. A way to clear all jersey numbers would be useful as I doubt this will be anywhere near a priority for the dev team.

The game is taking some getting used to. While its been stated that it is not meant to be a fast game, it is really slow thus far. More tinkering to do.. here we go!

EDIT: Disregard #2. I figured out why that happens.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic

Last edited by AlpineSK; 10-17-2016 at 06:48 PM.
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #2
logjam
Bat Boy

I think #2 is intended because different tactics require different player roles
logjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:56 PM   #3
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Yeah, thats what it looks like. Thanks!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-17-2016, 07:06 PM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

logjam is right on point 2 (but we already thing of ways to make the process a bit more user friendly).

1. We will fix it.

3. We already have an idea for a new transaction screen. I don´t know if it will contain a mass edit function but it will make all kind of transactions a lot easier to make (and give you a much better overview of your system). Depending on the number of bugs we have to fix over the next few weeks it might be in end of October, otherwise we will add it after release.

4. There is no way for us to get the numbers historically correct for every year. Historical editing is basically made by just one person.

For the speed: of course we always try to improve the speed of the game but we also add so much new stuff, that in the end you don´t see it. But FHM is not build to simulate fast, it is build to model the real world as close as possible and we will continue to scarify speed for realism if needed.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:49 PM   #5
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post

4. There is no way for us to get the numbers historically correct for every year. Historical editing is basically made by just one person.
Kind of figured that. Which is why a "clear jersey numbers" option would make life a lot easier.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-17-2016, 11:53 PM   #6
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

A couple more things that seem to be missing:

1. There is only an option to have your assistant fill lines. It'd be nice if there was a way to have him fill empty spots on your lines, so if you set your top 6, he'd take care of the bottom 6. Right now, asking them to fill lines will overwrite anything you've done.

2. It would be nice to have a way to "sort by league" in a player's statistics screen much like they do in OOTP, so if I just wanted to see a player's AHL career, for example, it will take everything else out leaving that behind.

3. Is there any push to make the ratings on the roster page the same colors that they are in a players' individual ratings page? That would make it a heck of a lot easier to identify secondary strengths when sorting a column.

4. Also, first click on a column seems to sort is from "lowest to highest." Wouldnt it make more sense to have that first click sort "highest to lowest?"

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic

Last edited by AlpineSK; 10-17-2016 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:36 AM   #7
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Immediate trade offer feedback from the other team would be great. I get my guy's opinion, but then I have to wait a day or two until I hear from the other team no matter how lopsided the trade is in either direction.

Also, when I DO get feedback, if the trade is turned down all I get is "Its close." With no feedback on what they would want in addition. The trade reaction seems similar to OOTP but neither of these features seem to be included.

A "shop around" option would be great too.

A tooltip is needed for player status. John Merrill is at Albany because I needed to cut my preseason roster and is listed there as UNF. I dont know what that is. And a number of AHL players have a (P) after their names. Not sure again.

Finally, I just got a mail that said "Joel Quenneville improves at playing Centre." The message, however, outlines how he is improving at right wing. Now, I dont want him to play right wing, and there does not seem to be an option where i can "force" my AHL coach to play him at center or adjust my AHL lineup. He is not being developed by my developmental team the way that I would like him to.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic

Last edited by AlpineSK; 10-18-2016 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:54 AM   #8
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

New one:

Every player on my roster is listed as "WAIVER ELIGIBLE: NO." I sent a bunch of players down because I had to cut my roster size in the preseason. Now I am being told that all of those players need to be waived or added to the active roster.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-18-2016, 01:07 AM   #9
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Immediate trade offer feedback from the other team would be great. I get my guy's opinion, but then I have to wait a day or two until I hear from the other team no matter how lopsided the trade is in either direction.

Also, when I DO get feedback, if the trade is turned down all I get is "Its close." With no feedback on what they would want in addition. The trade reaction seems similar to OOTP but neither of these features seem to be included.

A "shop around" option would be great too.

A tooltip is needed for player status. John Merrill is at Albany because I needed to cut my preseason roster and is listed there as UNF. I dont know what that is. And a number of AHL players have a (P) after their names. Not sure again.

Finally, I just got a mail that said "Joel Quenneville improves at playing Centre." The message, however, outlines how he is improving at right wing. Now, I dont want him to play right wing, and there does not seem to be an option where i can "force" my AHL coach to play him at center or adjust my AHL lineup. He is not being developed by my developmental team the way that I would like him to.
Hover the mouse over 'Name' and a mini legend appears. 'P' means they are considered a prospect.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:13 AM   #10
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
New one:

Every player on my roster is listed as "WAIVER ELIGIBLE: NO." I sent a bunch of players down because I had to cut my roster size in the preseason. Now I am being told that all of those players need to be waived or added to the active roster.
They are only listed as no until I think a few days before the start of the season, when waivers kick in. I did the same kind of thing in FHM 2, waiver eligibility doesn't matter during preseason.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:13 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
New one:

Waivers are turned off before the regular season so you can move players up and down from your farm teams to, for example, try them out in exhibition games. Once the regular season starts, though, they still have to clear waivers if they're on the farm team roster - that date is effectively the date when they "really" get sent down.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:13 AM   #12
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Hover the mouse over 'Name' and a mini legend appears. 'P' means they are considered a prospect.
Thanks for that. I've done some googling and checked the game manual and can't find what that means. Can you clue me in?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-18-2016, 01:14 AM   #13
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Decided to kill some time before tomorrow's beta release and play some FHM3 today. I found a couple of things:

1. Gretzky's Office player role description is cut off.

2. I dont know if this is intended or not, but when you change the overall strategy of the team it erases all of your assigned player roles.

3. It would be nice to have a way to multi-select players to do certain things like send them to the minors or to a reserve list.

4. The jersey numbers in the historical play are no where near accurate. Setup here takes a ton of work. A way to clear all jersey numbers would be useful as I doubt this will be anywhere near a priority for the dev team.

The game is taking some getting used to. While its been stated that it is not meant to be a fast game, it is really slow thus far. More tinkering to do.. here we go!

EDIT: Disregard #2. I figured out why that happens.
For what it's worth, I second this. Being able to multi-select players (CTRL+left click?) would be a great little feature to have, especially when doing preseason rosters.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:15 AM   #14
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Waivers are turned off before the regular season so you can move players up and down from your farm teams to, for example, try them out in exhibition games. Once the regular season starts, though, they still have to clear waivers if they're on the farm team roster - that date is effectively the date when they "really" get sent down.
Thanks. Now that I'm in the regular season I see that its all changed.

It'd be nice to know though when I'm making roster decisions who is waiver eligible prior to the end of the preseason.

Example: I have two players vying for the same position. If one of them is NOT waiver eligible, I might give them the edge. Conversely, if that waiver eligible player is losing the positional battle, I might decide to trade him. Knowing this information is very useful.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-18-2016, 01:19 AM   #15
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Thanks for that. I've done some googling and checked the game manual and can't find what that means. Can you clue me in?
Well I'm waiting for a sandbox game to finish loading so I'm kind of stuck XP

I found this: Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals

(P) Qualifies as a prospect according to league rules.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:22 AM   #16
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Well I'm waiting for a sandbox game to finish loading so I'm kind of stuck XP

I found this: Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals

(P) Qualifies as a prospect according to league rules.
Yeah, I found that.. just cant find the league rule that defines what it means when a player qualifies as a prospect.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-18-2016, 01:25 AM   #17
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

The games seem far too high scoring to me. I'm getting a whole bunch of 6, 7, 8 goal games.
thorpegiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:27 AM   #18
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Thanks. Now that I'm in the regular season I see that its all changed.

It'd be nice to know though when I'm making roster decisions who is waiver eligible prior to the end of the preseason.

Example: I have two players vying for the same position. If one of them is NOT waiver eligible, I might give them the edge. Conversely, if that waiver eligible player is losing the positional battle, I might decide to trade him. Knowing this information is very useful.
I'm not entirely sure of this, I haven't made it far enough into a season, still playing around with everything and trying to learn how to do things... anyway, if you go to Contracts, you can see two types of Standard Contracts: Standard (NHL) and Standard (NHL/AHL). I can only assume that Standard (NHL) is a one-way contract, whereas Standard (NHL/AHL) is a two-way contract. So players with the (NHL/AHL) contracts shouldn't be waiver eligible after preseason.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:27 AM   #19
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

Also, I scored a SH goal, and it did not show up on the stats as Short-Handed goal.
thorpegiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:35 AM   #20
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure of this, I haven't made it far enough into a season, still playing around with everything and trying to learn how to do things... anyway, if you go to Contracts, you can see two types of Standard Contracts: Standard (NHL) and Standard (NHL/AHL). I can only assume that Standard (NHL) is a one-way contract, whereas Standard (NHL/AHL) is a two-way contract. So players with the (NHL/AHL) contracts shouldn't be waiver eligible after preseason.
I'm not exactly sure that's 100% true. the NHL/AHL two way contracts usually carry a different salary with each so, for example, if a player makes $1 million at the NHL level he might only make $100,000 at the AHL level. Not all players who have NHL only contracts have their waiver rights expired. Edmonton could send McDavid to Bakersfield tomorrow.

On the other end, Scott Wedgewood is on a two way contract, and needed to clear waivers to go to Albany this year.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic