Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 08-17-2006, 01:52 PM   #41
Romdawg88
Hall Of Famer

If you set them back to beginning the game will choose a new random number for them and everything should work like it's suppose to.

IBL: 13 - 4 (7)

Henry Armstrong > You.
Romdawg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #42
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
I don't have the game in front of me but so I'm just throwing things out .. it'd important to hit the calculate aging button last ... worst case though just do what Romy said and set them back to beginner and it will pick a new # for you.

I've seen this happen once or twice and it's always with imported fighters, so not sure if it's a bug or what.

Also Public ... feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions, I'll help you the best I can.

Last edited by mh2365; 08-17-2006 at 02:07 PM.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #43
PublicEnemy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the replies.
I'll set them back to beginning and hopefully that will do the trick.

Do you have to hit the calculate aging button everytime you import fighters?
PublicEnemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:37 AM   #44
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Quote:
No that will recalculate for everyone in the database. When you import new fighters, check the Auto aging checkbox on the fighter and save, then move the fighter to the Beginning career stage and they will age as per your aging progression that you have set up.

Cheers,
Mark
Gunsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:14 PM   #45
Non Compos Mentis
Minors (Double A)

Excellent thread.

Should be stickied imo.
Non Compos Mentis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:35 PM   #46
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I still find the aging thingy a little daunting. Right now I've set them up and I'll just ignore what happens. Much like reality.

Cap
Old 08-21-2006, 06:12 PM   #47
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy
Thanks for the replies.
I'll set them back to beginning and hopefully that will do the trick.

This is definitely a bug. I have it happen all the time but the comment about reverting to beginner works like a charm (albeit a pain in the neck).

What I do is at the start of the year (when there are rookies entering the scene) I sort at the main screen by bouts after completing each month. I look at the guys with one fight and open all the ones that show a career stage of pre-prime. Then I switch them to beginner. I just do this until I hit a month were none are in the one bout - pre-prime state and then forget about it until year-end.

The game then calculates a new number for them to hit pre-prime without a hitch. (But don't hit the BIG button again! )

There are unfortunately a number of these 'little things' that have to be watched. They add up quickly!

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 08-21-2006 at 06:13 PM.
CONN CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:06 PM   #48
mh2365
Banned

I leave everyone at prime until I move them into my beginner group, that's when I change them to beginner. I haven't had an issue yet.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:01 PM   #49
fuente51
Major Leagues

This has been tremendously helpful. I just got the game a few weeks ago and have used this to set up my first universe. I am running a universe of 1930's-era boxers as a test run to see what I like/don't like before I do anything more ambitious.

Thanks for all of the tips. Using the Groups effectively was a tip I wouldn't have ever figured out on my own. For now, I have it set up just like you described, and it works wonderfully. Organization is definitely the key to having a good universe.
fuente51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:54 PM   #50
Ian Lord
All Star Starter

Hi Fuente

You'll have great fun running a uni, I know I have. The hours just roll by.
Welcome aboard,
Ian.
Ian Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:56 PM   #51
fuente51
Major Leagues

Thanks; I played the board game in the '80's and came back to this after nearly 20 years. The message boards are very active and there's a lot of help in the community. I understand the ratings and the scoring. It's much more interesting to run a universe, rather than do the tournaments I did so often with the cards.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #52
mh2365
Banned

Welcome fuente ... organization is definitely a key. It's been almost 3 years for me and I'm still streamlining things. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #53
fuente51
Major Leagues

I'm sure that I will.

The hardest part will be coming up with an acronym that's not already used for my universe. I think the only ones still out there are the "XYZ" and the "PDQ"! Ha ha.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:02 PM   #54
Malcom987
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh2365 View Post
Now onto aging.

On the aging screen in the options.

We are going to work out how many fights we want our fighters to have. Lets say a good range is 40-100 total fights. So let's break that down to

5-10 at beginning
10-20 at pre-prime
15-40 at prime
5-20 at post
5-10 at end

So if a fighter draws the lowest random # each time he's finish with 40 fights.

Next work your way from the top of the page to the bottom. Check mark the two boxes at the top first automatic aging and always inform.

Then it's important to do this in the right steps click the activate aging for all fighters button first, then the calculate.

it will check mark the auto aging button for each fighter ... the calculate isn't that important because when you move a fighter into your universe and change him to beginner it will set a random # for him anyways.

No you are ready to start picking your fighters for your universe

so I type in the #'s on this screen. Also with this set up the earliest a guy could be prime is after 15 fights were they would be ranked already.
I never can find the aging screen, I must really have done something wrong.
Malcom987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:06 PM   #55
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom987 View Post
I never can find the aging screen, I must really have done something wrong.
It's only in the latest TBCB2 update, which you can freely. For details, go here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=110897

Once you've updated to the latest version, click your options button at the bottom of the screen. AGING is one of the tabs in the options. From there, you should be able to put in your settings and go.

Last edited by bigMatt; 11-25-2006 at 07:10 PM.
bigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:36 PM   #56
Malcom987
Minors (Single A)

Question OK...here is where I start to lack understanding.

Quote:
My next step would be to go to the groups and create a few new groups which will host your active universe fighters ... the men group will house the fighters that will eventually come into your universe.

The way I do it I have 4 groups

TC's - for tomato cans I downloaded from cornerwork ( I keep them seperate because I don't keep track of them at all, they are there for record padding)

Beginners - this is where everyone starts, the only fight TC's until they automatically age to pre-prime.

Club - this is where the beginners go when they hit pre-prime, this is also for veterans who aren't that good. My rule is anytime a main division fighter drops 5 loses below .500 (10-15-2, 7-12, 5-10-3 and so on) he drops to the club division. He can make it back to main by evening out his record (16-16-2, 13-13, 10-10-3 and so on). The new guys stay here until their 15th fight (not until they turn prime but until they are ranked).

Main - this is where all the fighters want to be. This is the only group that figures into my rankings and the only group that can fight for a world title.

So now that I have made my groups time to get my first few fighters.
Now Do I actually create a group with these names "Club", "Main"? And are they listed where it usually shows "Heavyweight" "Welterweight" ETC.?

Could someone point me in the right direction? I get overwhelmed by the computer

I need specific instructions, if you have the patience
Malcom987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:54 PM   #57
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom987 View Post
Now Do I actually create a group with these names "Club", "Main"? And are they listed where it usually shows "Heavyweight" "Welterweight" ETC.?

Could someone point me in the right direction? I get overwhelmed by the computer

I need specific instructions, if you have the patience
If you are just using the main TBCB2 DB, you won't have these groups. Mike creates them because in his uni he runs a group of pros (Main) and guys that haven't met the standards of his elite group (Club). You only need to create a club level if you are planning to have levels of acheivement within your uni.

To answer your other question, Group status is shown within the weight class, i.e. Middleweights.

Send me a PM if you are having problems with this. It is really easy once you get the hang of it.
bigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:08 AM   #58
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Next we are going to get the fighters that will be the first ones in your universe. For this one I am going to start with all the fighters who debuted in the 1960's using a whole decade just to get a larger group of fighters to start off with.

At the end of my first year I would start importing fighters who started in 1970.

Who you choose and how many weight classes are up to you. I'm using a small scale just as an example. I sort the fighters by career start date and then work my way down to the 1960's .... I check mark all the guys who have a career start date from 1960-1969 (30 total) then hit the menu and change their group to beginner.

Now I have my fighters who will start my universe. Looks like Gypsy Joe Harris is the class of the group so far. Now I go fighter to fighter and change their career stage to beginning.
How do you "import" a fighter from a different "universe" for example I have a "universe" which is called "MODS" in it is all fighters that this forum has rated or adjusted. Now I want to get some of these fighters into my new Universe that I am creating (instead of using the TBCB ratings of these fighters
Chillidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:01 AM   #59
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
My next step would be to go to the groups and create a few new groups which will host your active universe fighters ... the men group will house the fighters that will eventually come into your universe.

The way I do it I have 4 groups

TC's - for tomato cans I downloaded from cornerwork ( I keep them seperate because I don't keep track of them at all, they are there for record padding)

Beginners - this is where everyone starts, the only fight TC's until they automatically age to pre-prime.

Club - this is where the beginners go when they hit pre-prime, this is also for veterans who aren't that good. My rule is anytime a main division fighter drops 5 loses below .500 (10-15-2, 7-12, 5-10-3 and so on) he drops to the club division. He can make it back to main by evening out his record (16-16-2, 13-13, 10-10-3 and so on). The new guys stay here until their 15th fight (not until they turn prime but until they are ranked).

Main - this is where all the fighters want to be. This is the only group that figures into my rankings and the only group that can fight for a world title.

So now that I have made my groups time to get my first few fighters.
how do I assign fighters to a specific group?
(let us assume I am trying to follow your example to the "T")
Chillidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #60
Cap
Hall Of Famer

First you have to create the groups in the GROUPS function on the main screen. I have regional groups [Europe, North America, British Empire, etc] and national groups [Canada, USA, etc.].

Then you just go to the FIGHTERS screen, select boxers to assign and click on the MENU bar at right (if you have TB 2.5) or EDIT at top (if you have TB2013). Look for MASS EDIT. There is where you assign groups to your boxers.

As for your earlier question about importing boxers from another universe, I can't help you there. I've been importing my boxers created in earlier versions of the game or creating my own within my AU. I'm sure someone else will be able to help. I'm thinking you'd need to export the fighter files in one universe to the Exchange folder and then importing them from the Exchange folder to the new universe.

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 05-20-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote