Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-22-2015, 09:42 AM   #1
smiller
Major Leagues

Position Problem

I just brought up a player from my triple A team to play second base, which is the position he is listed for under personal details. But under defensive ratings there is a blank space where his position should be. This is also the case during game play, when the defensive alignment is shown.
Is there a reason for this and can it be fixed? Or will the position simply show up over time?
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:45 AM   #2
smiller
Major Leagues

One correction. When it shows the defensive alignment during game play, he is listed as a 2B, but there is no number for his rating.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #3
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

This happens when the minor league manager AI needs a player at a position due to injuries, call-ups, what have you. The player gets listed a second baseman because he his the least of all evils for starting there. In fact, he is a bad choice. If you look in the editor, you will see how many games he has played at second. It is likely way less than the 200 games played needed to acquire his maximum rating. Once he's played enough games at second, he'll move to a '1'. In time he might get higher.

If you want, you can do what I do which is to enter the editor and put in 200 games played, see what rating results, and then stick the original number of games played back in and go on.

Does he have a rating(s) at other positions? If so, that's where he should really play.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
TomVeal
All Star Starter

The lack of a 2B rating means that he doesn't have much experience at second base. Still, the AI manager, which isn't totally moronic (at least not all the time), must have seen potential for him at that position. If he has good infield ratings and you don't have better second base options, try him there. His fielding isn't likely to be disastrous and will improve as he plays.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:15 AM   #5
smiller
Major Leagues

Leo, I'll try your recommendation. The player has no ratings at any other position and has always played second in the minors.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:18 AM   #6
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

It's odd that he has no position ratings at all. Did he have them previously and they've disappeared?
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:38 AM   #7
smiller
Major Leagues

When he played in triple A he was listed as a second baseman. I went into the editor and where it says position on the right-hand side it has under 2B the listing of 200 under experience and a resulting rating of 121. But on his profile, although all four defensive areas like range and error have infield ratings numbers, no position is listed. Just very strange.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:59 AM   #8
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
When he played in triple A he was listed as a second baseman. I went into the editor and where it says position on the right-hand side it has under 2B the listing of 200 under experience and a resulting rating of 121. But on his profile, although all four defensive areas like range and error have infield ratings numbers, no position is listed. Just very strange.
Odd. You're using the most up-to-date version of OOTP 15, right?
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:00 PM   #9
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Can you post a screen shot of his player page?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:04 PM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

If his turn DP rating drops too low (or other ones too), sometimes he'll "lose" his ability to play 2B. Most often in these cases that's what's happened.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:07 PM   #11
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I find it very strange that a player could play at all in the minors without a position rating. There would have to be a severe shortage of talent for that to happen.

Two things:

A screenshot as Bluenoser asked is imperative.
Check to see if he is being force started at 2B.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:22 PM   #12
smiller
Major Leagues

Not too computer literate, so don't know how to post a screen shot. Am using the most up-to-date version. Can tell you he was never forced to play a position, and throughout his 3-year minor league career, he was always listed as a second baseman. Thanks to everybody for your interest and help.