Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 06-23-2006, 12:30 AM   #1
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Schedule problems. HELP!!!! All-Star game not setting on the date I chose it to.

This is taken from a thread I started in the general area discussion forums.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=124961

Quote:
I have tried on a number of times to choose to have the All-Star game set on July 13th. My league starts in 1940 and it ALWAYS goes back to July 1st -------- NO MATTER what I change it to. I go to a different screen and then come back to the set-up screen where you can set the all-star game but it doesn't stick. This really.....really sucks. I will posta screen shot of my settings for "options" screen in the set-up area of the game. You will also notice that the all-star game is now already set for June22nd 1941. Heh! I have no idea why since I used the converter ([IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/KYROS%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=121664) < found in that link just fine and followed every step. So basically I have no idea when my all-stat league is going to be or if I will even have one after speninf over 3 hours setting this league up.

What should I do here?I am totally stuck man. Totally. Do I install 6.5 back in and use Stickware to create a schedule and then convert it? If so, will OOTPB2006 still use the conerted schedule if the game has already been started? Anf what I mean by started is that I have done nothing in terms of moves, drafts, ect. I have only been adding ballparks, dimetions, ect to set it all up before I start my league which I plan on doing this weekend. I will be saving this as a template.

In that thread there is a screen shot of what my settings are. Please, if any can help I would appreciate it. Thank you.

NOTE: I keep getting an error that says "XML Parsing Error" (invalid token at line 3)". So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Kyros; 06-24-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Kyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:40 AM   #2
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

What's the league alignment? Is this a historical league or a fictional league set in 1940? The schedule was imported from a converted OOTP6.5 schedule file, is that right? Does the schedule file have an All-Star Game date specified in the schedule file? If it does not, enable the "Auto-Schedule All-Star Game" and then set your date. By just having the "Hold All-Star Game" option enabled, you're telling the game to take the All-Star Game date from the schedule file.

All-Star Games are touched upon towards the bottom of this post.

Set up everything else for your league and save it. Create a back-up copy and then run that copy to see when the All-Star Game actually happens.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 06-23-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange
What's the league alignment? Is this a historical league or a fictional league set in 1940? The schedule was imported from a converted OOTP6.5 schedule file, is that right? Does the schedule file have an All-Star Game date specified in the schedule file? If it does not, enable the "Auto-Schedule All-Star Game" and then set your date. By just having the "Hold All-Star Game" option enabled, you're telling the game to take the All-Star Game date from the schedule file.

All-Star Games are touched upon towards the bottom of this post.

Set up everything else for your league and save it. Create a back-up copy and then run that copy to see when the All-Star Game actually happens.
The league is as follows:

36 teams
2 Sub-Leagues
3 Divisions
6 teams per division

This is a fictional league starting in 1940. I do not play historical. I just wanted to start my league in 1940 so that it has time to grow - instead of it being in 2025 and so on.

I got the schedule from this GMO thread (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...&postcount=141)

I can not tel if this league file has an all-star game in it. All it says is this (inside of the *ootp6schedule36team_236un.txt* file)

Quote:
# 36 team schedule,162 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 leagues,each with 3 divisions,each with 6 teams,
#
# 90 games in the division (45H/45A)
# 18 games against other 3 teams of division (9H/9A)
#
# 72 games outside division,in league (36H/36A)
# 6 games against other 12 teams of league (3H/3A)
#
# no interleague games
#
#
# Interdivisional series all 3-games
# Intradivisional series mix of 3- and a few 2- & 4-game series
#
# Last two weeks of season only intradivisional games
#
# No cases of more than 20 straight days without offday
#
# Offdays only on Mondays and Thursdays,except at All-Star Break
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 14 games
#
# All game times set at 7pm ET
#
# Leagues are just copies of each other
# Some variety added by juggling off days among teams
#
#
# Designed for 2004
# Thus set "Year starts on" to Friday
# Add All-Star Game at July 13th (07/13)
#
...and the rest are just numbers below all of this stuff.

Then in my game I set it to "balanced season", "162 games", all-star game on "7/13/1940", "no interleague play", "start season on 4/1/1940" <<<< again this is what the new converter tells me to copy what I do in the converter into the game so it matches in the game.

Here's what I do when I use the converter;
I load it up, set everything you just read above (all the start dates, game lengths, ect) and then I set the all-star date to 7/13/1940 and start date to 4/1/1940. Then in the game (OOTPB2006) I set it to "force the season to start on "monday". - Not sure if this is good or bad.

So what do I do? I really want to learn.
Thanks.

Last edited by Kyros; 06-24-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:20 AM   #4
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Ah, it's a converted OOTP6 schedule file then?

In that case, no, there should be no All-Star Game specified in the schedule file because the source OOTP6 schedule file would not have one in it. For OOTP6, All-Star Game dates were mentioned in the file as a convenience but had to be added in manually inside the game since OOTP6 couldn't pick up the All-Star Game date from the scheduel file itself.

You can add the All-Star Game to the OOTP2006 schedule file though. I think the necessary info to do this is in the thread gmo started here.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 06-25-2006 at 12:22 AM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:35 AM   #5
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange
Ah, it's a converted OOTP6 schedule file then?

In that case, no, there should be no All-Star Game specified in the schedule file because the source OOTP6 schedule file would not have one in it. For OOTP6, All-Star Game dates were mentioned in the file as a convenience but had to be added in manually inside the game since OOTP6 couldn't pick up the All-Star Game date from the scheduel file itself.

You can add the All-Star Game to the OOTP2006 schedule file though. I think the necessary info to do this is in the thread gmo started here.
OK, from the thread you posted in the "quote" above I have learned a lot, I have games starting at different times (all in the PM) such as 7:05, 1:05, 2:05 and at 4:05) However, all the teams are having the same day off. The all-star game is now on Jun22nd and I have NO idea how that happend but to be honest I can live with that. BUT I would like ot see teams play their games on different days and not all on the same day ---- all of the time. Any advice how I can at least achieve this?

LOL< my wife is P'od at me for stayiing up late try to learn this....lol.

Thansk for the help man. You have greatly enhanced my knowledge on how to handle this. All I need know is to learn how to get teams to play on separate days and not all on the same day all of the time.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:05 AM   #6
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Well, it is not 5am CT and I have been on this for about 3-4 hrs trying to figure this out. I give up at this point. I have been at this for over three days now spending hours....and hours.. at a time trying to figure this out.

It's not even getting the all-star game to show up on a certain daye anymore _I've conceded that I will never get that to wrk but now it's the fact I can't get any teams to play on separate days. They all play on the same days. I have used stickware to help out by trying to convert from 6.5 by I lost.

So, if anyone woule like to help me out my making me a schedule so that I can use it, that would be great. Here are the details;

*162 games
*start date is 4/1/1940
*balanced
*I wold like to have an all-star game but for some odd reason my game decided to change that to June 22nd, 1940 from July10th, 1940 when I was trying to get it to be on July13th, 1940.
*Force start on Monday
*Auto adjust date if matching XML schedule found is CHECKED (NOTE: I get an error if I try to manualy try to import a scheduule. See image below).
*Typical series length is 3 games
*Hold All-Star game is selected
*Automatically schedule all-star game is checked but that doesn't even matter anyways becasue it will select the date and month it wants to anyways even if I choose to have it on a certain day.
*No inter-league play

There you have it. And below is the error I get when trying to import my own schedule;
Old 06-25-2006, 06:10 AM   #7
Kyros
All Star Reserve

here the image of the error I get - if it lets me post it this time... :/
Attached Images
Old 06-25-2006, 10:21 AM   #8
Zeyes
All Star Reserve

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but is the allstar_game_day token reading something other than "100" (one-zero-zero)? It almost looks like a small letter L...definitely not like a digit one. That might account for the invalid token error, if so, as well as it not recognizing the proper allstar date...
Zeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:13 AM   #9
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyes
Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but is the allstar_game_day token reading something other than "100" (one-zero-zero)? It almost looks like a small letter L...definitely not like a digit one. That might account for the invalid token error, if so, as well as it not recognizing the proper allstar date...
Hmm, that does appear to be. I'll check more into that. Good eye.