Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:07 AM   #101
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAverageGuy View Post
Tournaments will put a huge breath of fresh air into this game. I've learned my lesson on spending money for anything but the actual game when it comes out.
Yup, I really hope on these. It will probably force me to quit on PT 19, but hey, shiny new toy …!

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:43 PM   #102
GlassGuyBob
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGracesSlumpBuster View Post
It’s becoming increasingly frustrating that so many of us purchased this game and stockpiled cards from Day 1 for what we thought would have the advertised features. The collections were delayed, but they were at least out by July. Tournaments are going to be 6 months late from the “COMING APRIL 2019” advertisement. So once the tournaments finally come out, we’ll only have them in this game that a lot of us are invested in, for 6 months as opposed to the full year we were originally anticipating, and this is all IF they get them out by September.

Things don’t always work out as planned, and having a development delay is understandable, but promising a feature and missing your timeline by 6+ months is irresponsible.

I’ll respond to this before anyone says it: Yes, I know the game doesn’t “end” when the next game comes out, but you know as well as I do, it turns into a ghost town.
I didn't play Perfect team in the OOTP19. I only started playing because of the promised tournaments that sounded like fun to me. I spent some money on the game in anticipation and yeah, I feel pretty stupid now. Buyer beware. Lesson learned.

GlassGuyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:19 AM   #103
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassGuyBob View Post
I didn't play Perfect team in the OOTP19. I only started playing because of the promised tournaments that sounded like fun to me. I spent some money on the game in anticipation and yeah, I feel pretty stupid now. Buyer beware. Lesson learned.
Do you want some haphazard, thrown together, unready, beta like mess the way some gaming companies dump on their customer base with a promise that they will fix all the errors as they go along? Or, do you expect the quality that Markus and company have delivered time and again over the years? As for me, I will wait and happily build my collection roster as I go along. This way I will perhaps be able to put together better tournament teams upon release.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:51 AM   #104
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I wonder if when you enter a tournament if there will be an auto-reenter checkbox upon being eliminated (or winning). Some of the proposed tournament durations are very short and I would hate to have to baby-sit the game to re-enter manually every time.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:24 PM   #105
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Will there be "friends" tournaments? Where the same 8 people play each other in the same kind of tournament over and over again?

Old 08-22-2019, 03:51 PM   #106
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Will there be "friends" tournaments? Where the same 8 people play each other in the same kind of tournament over and over again?
That would be interesting. Eight of us could form a group and take turns being the winner to get the reward while the other seven tank for us.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:32 PM   #107
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wonder if when you enter a tournament if there will be an auto-reenter checkbox upon being eliminated (or winning). Some of the proposed tournament durations are very short and I would hate to have to baby-sit the game to re-enter manually every time.
I'm assuming it will look like an online poker lobby with a mix of sit n gos that keep popping up as soon as one like it is filled and bigger slow tournaments that are scheduled well in advance
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:43 PM   #108
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
It would be an interesting way to incorporate league play of a sort, especially if the rewards could be disabled...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #109
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
That would be interesting. Eight of us could form a group and take turns being the winner to get the reward while the other seven tank for us.
The reward is a regular pack. The tournaments will "super-rare" cards will be much larger, larger than your list of friends.(the one limited to 30, not your actual number of friends.)

Old 08-28-2019, 02:41 AM   #110
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Hey guys!

Quick update here. Despite some illness-related setbacks (me included) recently, we're making steady progress with tournaments and we hope we will be able to start a public beta in September. I will be posting a few screenshots and some more info on how tournaments will work next week. Thanks for your patience guys!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:49 AM   #111
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

You guys really have to stop being ill. May I suggest staying inside, coding hard, at all times, and only eat what can be slid through under the door (so, pizza and pancakes) to reduce exposure to germs?

But next week can't come soon enough.

TOURNA-MEEEENTS.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 03:23 PM   #112
neugey
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the update. I'm glad the light of the end of the tunnel is now approaching.

Steroids for OOTP Developers! No more illness!

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 03:23 PM   #113
neugey
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the update. I'm glad the light of the end of the tunnel is now approaching.

Steroids for OOTP Developers! No more illness!

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:48 AM   #114
GlassGuyBob
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Do you want some haphazard, thrown together, unready, beta like mess the way some gaming companies dump on their customer base with a promise that they will fix all the errors as they go along? Or, do you expect the quality that Markus and company have delivered time and again over the years? As for me, I will wait and happily build my collection roster as I go along. This way I will perhaps be able to put together better tournament teams upon release.
The game is only around for so long until the next version launches and replaces it. We're talking about features being missing for half of the life of the game. I'd be much more forgiving if my collection didn't essentially go in the trash next year.

GlassGuyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:11 PM   #115
Drezik
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassGuyBob View Post
The game is only around for so long until the next version launches and replaces it. We're talking about features being missing for half of the life of the game. I'd be much more forgiving if my collection didn't essentially go in the trash next year.
Im kind of with you on this one, another reason I think the historical collections should be released at the same time.

Drezik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:04 PM   #116
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drezik View Post
Im kind of with you on this one, another reason I think the historical collections should be released at the same time.

I would add that adding in new collections periodically will keep the consumer addicted/wanting to play. Giving all the content up front, more ghost users may appear. With new content being added, it may even bring back some ghost users.

I see it pretty often on other Ultimate Team games. Team of the year cards released and the player base spikes back up, new icons released and player base goes up, etc.

I understand the desire to have it up front, especially for those of us who will stick around for the entire life cycle; I also understand their point of wanting to release collection content regularly to pull users back in (which may result in more PP sales), and/or keep active users there and potentially spending more money.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 02:38 PM   #117
Drezik
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfire5 View Post
I would add that adding in new collections periodically will keep the consumer addicted/wanting to play. Giving all the content up front, more ghost users may appear. With new content being added, it may even bring back some ghost users.

I see it pretty often on other Ultimate Team games. Team of the year cards released and the player base spikes back up, new icons released and player base goes up, etc.

I understand the desire to have it up front, especially for those of us who will stick around for the entire life cycle; I also understand their point of wanting to release collection content regularly to pull users back in (which may result in more PP sales), and/or keep active users there and potentially spending more money.
Yeah, I hear ya. I get it. It's just kinda having the opposite effect on me.

Drezik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:30 PM   #118
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Triple A)

Are any of the tournaments going to be head to head live play?
Is OOTP ever going to get head to head live play in any way?

I love the game and buy it every year. It is the best sim around but I also buy another pc baseball sim game and use it just to play head to head live.
ThrownOutAtHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:39 AM   #119
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrownOutAtHome View Post

I love the game and buy it every year. It is the best sim around but I also buy another pc baseball sim game and use it just to play head to head live.
I haven't heard anything about that, don't think it's planned.

*waits sort-of patiently for Tournaments*
Old 09-05-2019, 06:42 AM   #120
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrownOutAtHome View Post

Not yet, but we have this planned for the future and will start working on it soon... but we're talking OOTP 21 or 22 here.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote