Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-12-2019, 03:00 PM   #61
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Also Mr Hart, I love it when you do a league commentary (I know it takes time and you are busy but it is fun to read) so maybe you could do a couple a season.Like a prediction on Monday’s a summery on Wednesday and maybe even a what if on Saturday. If not all any one of those would be wonderful each week. Good luck catching the Falcons my friend.

Glad to hear. It helps me keep interested in the league and notice the various changes and results from day to day.
I was hoping to do one every night after the league stops simulating but life got in the way of enjoying OOTP.

OOTP20 is still a bit boring since my team is too good for the lower levels.
I wanted to retrain a lot of people so I decided to get them early.

Maybe our second team will be all Bronze again before moving to all Silver after we hit their max level of play.

Unless I am mistaken, I have only seen one real whale (willing to go out and grab all the top players at full cost no matter how much they are).

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #62
joehart
All Star Starter

wow...I just realized that Greinke pretty much lost every single game that he played this season (3-11).
The rest of the starting pitchers have the exact opposite (11-13 wins and ~5 losses) W-L column.

I am sure the real Felix Hernandez is waving his hands right now after years of great pitching and no run support in Seattle.
Greinke just went through the same this season. It shows how little the W-L column really means.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by joehart; 04-12-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:33 PM   #63
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I usually wait when I have a nice size lead until Saturday to change things up and test it. I am starting early this season. I have a 12 game lead so I decided to not only mix up my lineup but change my defense also and see how it works out. I figure my pitching staff is strong enough to carry these defensive changes but we shall see. If the lead gets cut back to 5 games or my hitting does not improve like I think it should I can always change back. That is the nice thing about a lead. You can experiment some. Let’s hope I did not start it to early.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:38 PM   #64
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Ok, This is one of the The finest Rocky Point teams ever assembled. We have wonderful pitching, Very good hitting for average and good power from the left side. Our fielding is weak but our pitching and hitting should be able to Carry our poor fielding. Our relief pitching is adequate at best but should survive the competition in my Division. If you beat this team you have beaten a very good team.Anything can happen in the playoffs but I honestly see no way this team will not win the NC Central Division and by a large number. They are fun to watch and a real joy to own.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:21 PM   #65
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

I just cleaned my PP savings on a 98 Ruth with my Blue team. Not sure he adds what that team seems to be lacking but at least he's left handed so I'll sacrifice a little defense having him play in the field but hopefully gain some run production I've been lacking.

In the meantime I checked in with my three PT20 teams and have to say there is NO enjoyment for me there. I refuse to spend money on that game so I've just been pouring any earned PP into packs and my pack luck is HORRENDOUS. Just opened 11 packs and got ONE silver, no golds or above, and 5 out of every 6 was an iron, the other (except one sivler) a bronze. Just worthless getting not a single player you can use after spending 11k.

Here's my last three packs:

Even the silver I got was Justin Smoak 71 that was the third best first baseman on a team with NO pitching or speed or power. Chris Davis has a better chance of hitting a curveball than me pulling a top card.

I love playing PT19 in comparison.

Last edited by Dunzie; 04-12-2019 at 07:23 PM.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:38 PM   #66
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
I just cleaned my PP savings on a 98 Ruth with my Blue team. Not sure he adds what that team seems to be lacking but at least he's left handed so I'll sacrifice a little defense having him play in the field but hopefully gain some run production I've been lacking.

In the meantime I checked in with my three PT20 teams and have to say there is NO enjoyment for me there. I refuse to spend money on that game so I've just been pouring any earned PP into packs and my pack luck is HORRENDOUS. Just opened 11 packs and got ONE silver, no golds or above, and 5 out of every 6 was an iron, the other (except one sivler) a bronze. Just worthless getting not a single player you can use after spending 11k.

Here's my last three packs:

Even the silver I got was Justin Smoak 71 that was the third best first baseman on a team with NO pitching or speed or power. Chris Davis has a better chance of hitting a curveball than me pulling a top card.

I love playing PT19 in comparison.
Yes, I never get ANY luck with opening packs. I am so happy you are with us in 19. Good luck with 98 Ruth. I added him also....😁
Old 04-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #67
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Yes, I never get ANY luck with opening packs. I am so happy you are with us in 19. Good luck with 98 Ruth. I added him also....😁

Thanks! Rough start for mine after four games... hitting just a hair above the Mendoza line. It's early. And my Red team seems to be hard for my Blue team to beat so back to .500 we go. Sheesh. I think I'm gonna split up these three teams in the shuffling for a bit. Sick of watching myself beat up on myself.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:23 PM   #68
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks! Rough start for mine after four games... hitting just a hair above the Mendoza line. It's early. And my Red team seems to be hard for my Blue team to beat so back to .500 we go. Sheesh. I think I'm gonna split up these three teams in the shuffling for a bit. Sick of watching myself beat up on myself.
I know. I think that would drive me crazy. lol That is why I can only handle one team....
Old 04-12-2019, 09:30 PM   #69
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Ok, This is one of the The finest Rocky Point teams ever assembled. We have wonderful pitching, Very good hitting for average and good power from the left side. Our fielding is weak but our pitching and hitting should be able to Carry our poor fielding. Our relief pitching is adequate at best but should survive the competition in my Division. If you beat this team you have beaten a very good team.Anything can happen in the playoffs but I honestly see no way this team will not win the NC Central Division and by a large number. They are fun to watch and a real joy to own.
I won't be able to defeat you in my park. You are too good when it comes to LHBs. All of them are solid.
Have you considered looking for a replacement for Clemente that could come in as a better defensive player for Cobb?

How do you think you are prepared for the champs from last year?
Switch in some new players? I like the PT20 Diamond Pete Rose. A nice switch hitter to bring in for those scenarios.
Attached Images

Last edited by joehart; 04-12-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:35 PM   #70
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
I traded in all my accumulated points (50k) for packs in PT19 and got nothing.

Traded in my 2K in PT20 and picked up a 96Cobb. While he fits our speed mentality, I really want to save up for a 99/100 DiMaggio.

Last edited by joehart; 04-12-2019 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:59 PM   #71
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks! Rough start for mine after four games... hitting just a hair above the Mendoza line. :
lol, Yeah mine is only hitting .200 also. Mine has 0 homers as yet. But he will get hot. (Right? )
Old 04-12-2019, 10:17 PM   #72
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I won't be able to defeat you in my park. You are too good when it comes to LHBs. All of them are solid.
Have you considered looking for a replacement for Clemente that could come in as a better defensive player for Cobb?

Switch in some new players? I like the PT20 Diamond Pete Rose. A nice switch hitter to bring in for those scenarios.
After all that big talk I find my self the third best team in the league behind you and the Central Falcons. Lol. You two might be the class of the whole league. It really is a pity you both are in the same Division. Personally I am happy you are both in the other Conference. I still feel my team is very strong. If we can put it all together we should be one of the favorites (The other Barely Legal) to win our Conference. I think the finals will be very exciting this season because of the quality of some of these teams. It is very important to finish strong and get some hot players going so Saturday will be a ball to watch. I will be watching Rocky Point and the Masters at the same time. It will make a wonderful afternoon. This team (The Zorros) Are a fun bunch to watch. Some of my teams were not that exciting to watch or enjoy even while winning. This club is. I would even buy a ticket to see them play. But I have a luxury box at the ball park. Life is good for me. 😁
Old 04-12-2019, 10:51 PM   #73
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You could beat me in any park.Just a matter of getting hot at the right time. Not even getting hot(Though that helps) but just playing your game. You have a quality team with a quality owner who is a winner. All I worry about is getting into a slump or making mistakes ,Other then that I feel this team can beat anyone. I do worry about errors because of the way I worked my D so late in the season but I am just hoping my Pitching and hitting will counteract any negative like Bonds making 3 errors at first base like he did last game. There is a feel to this team that I like. If we can continue to put it together and not make any silly mistakes I feel we have a great chance of getting our 5th ring and our 4th in the last 6 seasons. If this team jells together like I hope it can do they could win a few rings together down the road without any additions with just a few tweaks and maybe going down to the inactive roster for a rest at times. I might still be a little high from my pizza and beer night (Lot of beer night) but I really feel this Rocky Point is the real deal now. We will see.with a little over 50 season left there is a lot of ball to play and records to break and Championships to win. I want this team to be one of the Greatest of all time in the PT world before it ends. I want people to remember Rocky Point as winners. They might not like them but I want them to respect them as winners. I think I better hit the sack. My wife says I might have drank a little bitty to much beer tonight and some times (Most Times) She is right. Good night and good luck for the push tomorrow. Saturday is always the best day for me and tomorrow is even more special with the Masters going on to. 😁
Old 04-12-2019, 10:56 PM   #74
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I traded in all my accumulated points (50k) for packs in PT19 and got nothing.

Traded in my 2K in PT20 and picked up a 96Cobb. While he fits our speed mentality, I really want to save up for a 99/100 DiMaggio.
You got a 96 Cobb for 2k? That is treasonous. So wrong. 🤯
Old 04-12-2019, 11:03 PM   #75
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I could work around it. The most important thing for me is to get home field advantage. Then I would only have to work three games against them. They would have to deal with me 4 games at my place where there is no right hand hitting advantage. They would have to pitch to my left handlers at full strength. So for me the trick is getting the home field first and then work it....
Old 04-13-2019, 02:53 AM   #76
joehart
All Star Starter

One month to go before our playoffs start...

AC West:
Both managers of the Base Thieves and Central Falcons have requested to get a dollar every time they swap positions. Once again, positions have been reversed.
The Base Thieves are holding on to a narrow 1/2 game lead.
Always interesting when the second team in a division holds the second best record in the entire league. Wicked !!!

Sadly, the Gryphons have been pushed out of contention for division and wild card.

AC Central:
The Meltdown team is holding the division in check and has a comfortable 7 game lead.
The second place San Diego Chargers have locked down the second wild card spot with a comfortable 7.5 game lead over the Hillsboro Hops.

AC East:
The defending champion from last year came back after being behind by 6 games at the beginning of the season.
They now lead the division by 9 games and have pushed the Killer Rabits out of contention for division and wild card.

AC Wild card:
The losing team between Central Falcons vs. Base Thieves plus the San Diego Chargers will most likely battle it out in the wild card game and then meet the winner between Central Falcons/Base Thieves in round one.

NC West:
Oakland Keys and Magpies are battling for the division title.
The loser of this battle may not make the playoffs as the NC East continues to have several teams
with a better W/L record.
Good luck to the Magpies, winner of the first Perfect League title in the Orcin points league.

NC Central:
Rocky Point Zorros locked down the division and will likely force all other teams to play more games at Gladys Monty stadium.
Second place Hagerstown Suns continue to battle for a wild card spot.
They are currently holding the second wild card spot but are followed
by several teams (Area X Alchemists: 1/2 game, MCLean Scots: 4 games, and Collingwood Magpies: 5 games).
Good luck to all teams. This will be fun to watch during the last month of the season.

NC East:
Cincinnati Redlegs currently lead the division by 1 game vs. Barely Legal Jesus. Unless one of the two teams gets cold during the last month, we will see both teams in the playoffs.

A closer look at some of our players in the league:
Ty Cobb has dropped to a .377 average with 33 Home Runs.
In the American league, Barry Bonds has 35 Home Runs.

To my surprise, we have a catcher (Mickey Cochrane) from the Base Thieves in third place for Batter WAR with 4.6 WAR.
In first place for most WINS in the American league, we have Sean Doolittle (...not a typo).
He is listed as the only Long Reliever while all other non-starters are listed as Middle Relievers.
Eric Gagne hold the American league top spot for most Saves (31) but is behind National league closer Bruce Sutter (37) from the Zorros team.
Congrats to Dallas Keuchel, who currenly holds the lowest ERA in the league (1.97).

Can't wait for Sunday morning....and hopefully a very long day of playoff games.
Attached Images
Old 04-13-2019, 07:27 AM   #77
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One month to go before our playoffs start...

AC West:
Both managers of the Base Thieves and Central Falcons have requested to get a dollar every time they swap positions. Once again, positions have been reversed.
The Base Thieves are holding on to a narrow 1/2 game lead.
Always interesting when the second team in a division holds the second best record in the entire league. Wicked !!!

Sadly, the Gryphons have been pushed out of contention for division and wild card.

AC Central:
The Meltdown team is holding the division in check and has a comfortable 7 game lead.
The second place San Diego Chargers have locked down the second wild card spot with a comfortable 7.5 game lead over the Hillsboro Hops.

AC East:
The defending champion from last year came back after being behind by 6 games at the beginning of the season.
They now lead the division by 9 games and have pushed the Killer Rabits out of contention for division and wild card.

AC Wild card:
The losing team between Central Falcons vs. Base Thieves plus the San Diego Chargers will most likely battle it out in the wild card game and then meet the winner between Central Falcons/Base Thieves in round one.

NC West:
Oakland Keys and Magpies are battling for the division title.
The loser of this battle may not make the playoffs as the NC East continues to have several teams
with a better W/L record.
Good luck to the Magpies, winner of the first Perfect League title in the Orcin points league.

NC Central:
Rocky Point Zorros locked down the division and will likely force all other teams to play more games at Gladys Monty stadium.
Second place Hagerstown Suns continue to battle for a wild card spot.
They are currently holding the second wild card spot but are followed
by several teams (Area X Alchemists: 1/2 game, MCLean Scots: 4 games, and Collingwood Magpies: 5 games).
Good luck to all teams. This will be fun to watch during the last month of the season.

NC East:
Cincinnati Redlegs currently lead the division by 1 game vs. Barely Legal Jesus. Unless one of the two teams gets cold during the last month, we will see both teams in the playoffs.

A closer look at some of our players in the league:
Ty Cobb has dropped to a .377 average with 33 Home Runs.
In the American league, Barry Bonds has 35 Home Runs.

To my surprise, we have a catcher (Mickey Cochrane) from the Base Thieves in third place for Batter WAR with 4.6 WAR.
In first place for most WINS in the American league, we have Sean Doolittle (...not a typo).
He is listed as the only Long Reliever while all other non-starters are listed as Middle Relievers.
Eric Gagne hold the American league top spot for most Saves (31) but is behind National league closer Bruce Sutter (37) from the Zorros team.
Congrats to Dallas Keuchel, who currenly holds the lowest ERA in the league (1.97).

Can't wait for Sunday morning....and hopefully a very long day of playoff games.
Thank you for Another WONDERFUL report. I love them......
Old 04-13-2019, 07:43 AM   #78
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

On further note the Central Falcons own the best hitting in the league sporting a .284 ave along with a League leading Runs scored at 800 and homers with a whopping 204 hit with over a month left. The San Diego Chargers have the best pitching staff in the league with a wonderful 3.08 ERA. With all the yammer from Zorro about his pitching staff being so good he is currently only 3rd in the league behind The Chargers and the Hillsboro Hops who sport a fine 3.21 while the Zorros own a 3.29. Perhaps Zorro talks better then he pitches. (Or Pitching his ideas better then the ball) On a lighter note I never realized how talented the Falcons were with the bats. They lead in all the important hitting categories and while they do play in a hitters park they are quite dangerous.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:51 AM   #79
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Speaking strictly to the Guelph Blues I see we have both owned the 98 Ruth the same amount of time with yours out hitting mine with a .227 ave and 2 homers with 6rbi in 13 games compared to my .200 ave 1 homer and 4 rbi in 12 games. So far it is a race to the bottom.😡
Old 04-13-2019, 08:01 AM   #80
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

The Dragons are trying to win an incredible 3 straight Championships with the help of their tripped up stadium.(Which is getting quite old by the way) The most games they have ever won in the perfect league is 100. They actually ave about 90 wins a year leading me to believe they are built for a playoff run when getting there with the help of that Stadium of theirs. It seems to work for them as far as Championships go and that is what we play for.

Last edited by Zorro; 04-13-2019 at 08:09 AM.