Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:08 PM   #221
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Big Haul

belongs to Claude Cros. What a contract! 5.4 WAR in 1961 is pretty awesome. But, 3.5 last season is quite a fall off. We have heard that Fountain Bleu is all in for the 63 campaign and I think this puts any doubts to rest. He will be interesting to track this year.
Attached Images
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:13 PM   #222
stevem810
All Star Starter

The second biggest contract?

See what I mean. His $711K total package is just short of his new team mate. Ancien Combatants' are going to be formidable opponents for the best of ball clubs.
Attached Images
Old 08-29-2018, 05:09 PM   #223
stevem810
All Star Starter

Spring is in the Air!

All the teams have set up camp in Martinique as they ready for Spring Training. The island is hopping with baseball fever. There is only one attraction that tops spring training in Martinique. Carnival. They will take place at the same time. I love this month. Notice who is starting the first game at 3b.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 08-29-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:01 PM   #224
stevem810
All Star Starter

Spring Training - Opening Day

It was a thrill just to be invited to spring training. An even larger one to play in the first game. Both Herve and I received playing time. DeLage at 3b, and I pitched one inning in relief. Unfortunately, it was a 3-1 loss to our Martinique rivals, the Sting Rays. But, it was a beautiful day to play ball. I always enjoy playing in Anse d'Arlet.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 08-30-2018, 12:10 AM   #225
stevem810
All Star Starter

Pre-Season Predictions

Here they are the notorious Pre-Season Predictions for the FBL.
Attached Images
Old 08-30-2018, 09:24 AM   #226
stevem810
All Star Starter

Week 1 of S.T.

We're starting to settle into the routine and guys are taking it seriously. The goals are different for each player. Some want to cement their starting role status. Others are looking to displace the favorite. Herve hopes to make the team and not go to AAA. My goal is to work on my skill set and get prepared for a successful season in AA. But, I've got my eye on Le Marin, too. Finishing the season in AAA would be awesome.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 09-10-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:23 PM   #227
stevem810
All Star Starter

Spring Training Week 2

We had a few injuries this week. Lost our first string 2B Allain Chevalier for 4 weeks which will not help the team. But, it might help Herve make the opening day roster. The Diamonds lost a lot this week but Herve is holding his own. The second graphic is the final box score of the week. The team is going to begin sending players down. No idea if I stay or go.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-31-2018, 09:38 PM   #228
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Infield for the Diamonds

Before the injury to Chevalier, this is how the depth chart appeared. So, with 25 year old Joly slipping back in the depth chart at second base, and Allain gone for a month, it may be that Herve will move to 2nd base. Or, Mercier (remember he was getting a look in the OF), could play either second or third. Herve has a much better glove and we think he was sort of penciled in at 3rd base. At least, the graphic would lead us to believe that to be true. The point is, the opening day infield is really up for grabs.

The second graphic shows the options at second base. Michel is running a fever so probably just picked up a virus or something.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-02-2018, 09:05 PM   #229
stevem810
All Star Starter

Week 3 of S.T.

The team is losing more than it is winning. To be honest, very few of the players seem to care. The veteran position players are working on their timing, doing lots of stretching, and securing their positions on the 25 man roster. The few who don't have to worry about making the team are even more relaxed. Very business like in their approach.

Coaches are extremely busy. I take it as a good sign that they are spending time with me. Both our HC and PC have taken an interest in my development. I've made some progress in the hitting department with the assistance of HC Mickael Lepine. He has me a bit more centered and balanced as I prepare to begin my swing. Better contact has been the result. Not much power, but .298 B.A., at least for me at this level, is awesome.

The final report is the guys who have been tattooing the ball.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-02-2018, 09:25 PM   #230
stevem810
All Star Starter

My Pitching Story

Right now I think my arm is a bit behind my bat. The Royals really roughed me up in my last outing. No shame there, as Montreal has plenty of good hitters. I'll be extra motivated the next time Skip gives me the ball.

Coach Stephane is really coaching me to throw more strikes. My pitch counts are too high. The organization is not going to have their SP's nibbling the corners and missing. Easier said than done, but, yeah, I know he's right.
Attached Images
Old 09-03-2018, 09:41 PM   #231
stevem810
All Star Starter

Spring Training Week 4

The Diamonds won a game and lost 5 this week. Both Herve and I are still with the ball club. We even batted 1-2 in the line up the final game of the week. I'm hitting .295 and Herve is flexing some power. He's taken the opposition downtown 5 times this spring. Impressive!
Attached Images
Old 09-03-2018, 09:46 PM   #232
stevem810
All Star Starter

Final Week before the regular season

Here are the batting stats, and the remainder of the spring schedule:
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-03-2018, 09:51 PM   #233
stevem810
All Star Starter

Updated Spring Standings

The Soleis look to be a strong contender for the championship, again. They are paying the big bucks out in an attempt to go back to back.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-04-2018, 10:51 AM   #234
stevem810
All Star Starter

Final Week of Spring Training

The team finished up on a very high note. It created a good vibe in the clubhouse. Don't believe players when they say losses don't matter in spring training. They always affect you. Just looking around the clubhouse after the final game...lots of laughing, players looking relaxed, even the skip had the makings of a smile on his face.

Herve had a terrible final week. It was almost painful to watch. I suspect he may be sent to AAA for the beginning of the year. It's possible that he will stay with the club, but, they have not told him anything, yet.

I'm going back to AA. No problem for me. I don't think I'm ready for AAA. I'll get my gear in order and head out later this afternoon.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-04-2018, 08:53 PM   #235
stevem810
All Star Starter

AAA and AA Opening Line ups

Herve DeLage will open with the AAA Le Marin Waveriders, batting 3rd, and playing third base. ce la vi

With Antoine Le Roux (60 day DL) still recovering from surgery, I am slotted in the #1 spot in the rotation. I'm also featured in center field on a regular basis. You can say that I'm happy as a clam.

We open at home against the Bears.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-04-2018, 08:58 PM   #236
stevem810
All Star Starter

Le Diamant opens in Paris

Laurant Mercier will be the third baseman, for now. The team travels to Paris to open up the season.
Attached Images
Old 09-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #237
stevem810
All Star Starter

Bandit Watch

I'm not going to forget about my former team, the Basse-Pointe Bandits. I'm moving up the ladder of the Diamond organization but I still have lots of friends and coaches that are very close to me. People who have helped me in both large and small ways.

It will be interesting to follow the second draft pick last year (you already know about our C Legendre who is awesome and playing with me in AA). He will be slotted as the #1 SP for the Bandits this year so I'm interested in how the kid does. Just kidding on that one as I'm younger than Jean-Francois, but I do have a little more organizational experience.
Attached Images
Old 09-06-2018, 08:01 AM   #238
stevem810
All Star Starter

Flying into the Radar Zone

As a 16 year old in the FBL I definitely was synonymous with anonymous. No one knew me outside of my team mates and coaches. Now, at the age of 18, I am either known or people or asking the question, "Who is this Julien Henri?"

The reason for the change? The Top 100 Prospect List was published for this year. I have to admit, I'm a bit in shock. You can see why in the graphic.

We all know Antoine LeRoux is our ace pitcher in the system, but, with the serious injury he is trying to recover from, they don't list him

I'm not sure I like the spotlight. But, as my PC told me, 'that doesn't really matter now, does it, Juliene? Because you have it whether you want it or not."

Michel's point is that it is time to start growing up and dealing with the pressures that are part of this business. He added this, "Make no mistake, kid, this is a business and you can't ever forget it. Have fun, but at the end of the day owners need to make a profit."
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 09-06-2018 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #239
stevem810
All Star Starter

New Uni's for the Expedition

The Candian franchise Chicoutimi-Jonquiere Expedition unveiled their new home and road uniforms today as a prelude to the 1963 Opening Day festivities. General Manager Angel Poirot has done an excellent job with the P&L statement turning a profit each year.

Owner Gabriel Charrier has indicated it is time to start winning more games. His mantra is 'extreme winning' so the leash may be short for Poirot this coming campaign.
Attached Images
Old 09-06-2018, 10:42 PM   #240
stevem810
All Star Starter

Opening Day for Le Diamant

SP Sebastian Vautier gets the job done and is the #3 Star Player of the day. Diamonds get one on the road in Paris.

The defending FBL champs lose to the team many think may take their place when the season concludes next September. Cap Chevalier, located on the Atlantic side of Martinique, appears all in for the 63 season.
Attached Images