Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:59 AM   #1
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Does anybody else have this problem?

It seems that I enjoy building fictional leagues and baseball worlds more than I enjoy playing them. I spend a lot of time setting them up from settings to uniforms and only get thru a season or two before going on to the next new baseball world to construct.

Just wondering if others have the same experience and if so are there any tips to truly get myself immersed into the worlds I create.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 08-26-2016, 10:22 AM   #2
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Yes I do the same thing but I always keep the leagues saved and sometimes go back to the league. Another I have tried is changing the TCR to introduce more randomness to the league.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:22 AM   #3
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
No

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:22 AM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...le-season.html

There are several other threads with ideas.

Bottom line is this - if you don't follow your league, you won't get to know it or the players.

Also - follow a few dynasty's, they're always good for getting new ideas. Find what appeals to you in baseball, create the league and play it. Otherwise you're just going to continue doing what you do now.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 08-26-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:39 AM   #5
canaveral
Minors (Double A)

I've probably gone through 65 different leagues since OOTP9. If that's what you most enjoy, do it!
canaveral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #6
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
It seems that I enjoy building fictional leagues and baseball worlds more than I enjoy playing them. I spend a lot of time setting them up from settings to uniforms and only get thru a season or two before going on to the next new baseball world to construct.

Just wondering if others have the same experience and if so are there any tips to truly get myself immersed into the worlds I create.

Thanks,
Bill
You're not alone, my friend. In another thread I referred to myself as a "serial league builder."

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:23 AM   #7
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thanks,
Bill
For me, I don't get fully invested until at least five-plus years into the league and get to watch minor leaguers develop from the moment they're drafted until they get to the big leagues.

One other thought that I didn't see mentioned, have you considered sharing your worlds as quickstarts? It sounds like you spend a lot of time creating your worlds, so others might find them fun to play. That might be an added level of satisfaction of sharing your work.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:13 PM   #8
MikeS21
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

Thanks,
Bill
I think this would describe me as well. I will tweak and adjust settings. I'll play out a few games (end of April), sim to the draft. Once I get thru my annual after-draft minor league player shuffle and reset all my minor league line-ups, I end up simming until October after the World Series.

By then, I'm ready to start over a new game with fresh rosters.
MikeS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:42 PM   #9
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

It is good to know that i'm not alone. HaHa

Thanks for the link bluenoser, some good information in that thread.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:23 PM   #10
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

You're not alone though my niche is different in that I have only a single fictional league and I play out every game for my team in that league. I am about 11 seasons in and fully immersed in the development/retirement/ups/downs and so on of my players.
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:10 AM   #11
Shucker
Minors (Double A)

No
Shucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:18 AM   #12
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shucker View Post
No
Well clearly that's not true, since there's seven people (myself included) above your post that indicated they feel the same as the OP.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:00 AM   #13
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
For me, I don't get fully invested until at least five-plus years into the league and get to watch minor leaguers develop from the moment they're drafted until they get to the big leagues.

One other thought that I didn't see mentioned, have you considered sharing your worlds as quickstarts? It sounds like you spend a lot of time creating your worlds, so others might find them fun to play. That might be an added level of satisfaction of sharing your work.
I haven't dealt with quickstarts, not sure what that all entails. Right now I have been working on a World League for the past month or so. Maybe i'll turn that into a quickstart when i'm done with it. I am using OOTP15, does that matter when it comes to quickstarts?
Old 08-27-2016, 11:04 AM   #14
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
You're not alone, my friend. In another thread I referred to myself as a "serial league builder."
HaHa. I just come up with idea after idea and a lot of times before i'm done making a league my mind is off onto another one. It is crazy.

I think paart of the problem i'm having is doing the dynasty. Sometimes it feels more like a job doing the updates than it is fun. I may take a break from that for a little while until I find a better way to share my leagues.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:19 PM   #15
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

This is a very good group to belong to
Lol
Motorhead667 is offline   Reply With Quote