Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-08-2016, 02:55 AM   #1
gysgtam
Minors (Single A)

Locker Room issues

After winning 7 World Series in 12 years it appears my locker room is imploding cause I am losing now getting thru some contracts.....Why dont they just tell you who the problem is? Is there a way to tell?
Old 05-08-2016, 02:57 AM   #2
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysgtam View Post
After winning 7 World Series in 12 years it appears my locker room is imploding cause I am losing now getting thru some contracts.....Why dont they just tell you who the problem is? Is there a way to tell?
Look at each players individual morale?
monkeyman576 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:08 AM   #3
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman576 View Post
Look at each players individual morale?
You can see that 1/2 the team is pissed off at the bickering but you to go through every players scouting report and for the one who has personality of club house cancer, and it's tedious

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2016, 01:26 PM   #4
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Im havinng the same problem and nothing really jumps out at me on who is a cancer. This is frustrating as hell
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:27 PM   #5
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Anything negative on personality on scouting reports?

Old 05-08-2016, 03:14 PM   #6
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

You can customize one of the views for your roster screen to add columns for the personality traits that appear on the BNN profile page. If you look for the ones that have negatives for some of those traits (like low leadership, high greed, or low work ethic) that might make it easier to zero in on the problem player(s). I imagine you'll still need to click through to the scouting reports, but at least you probably won't have to look at a report on every player on your roster.
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:29 PM   #7
Charley575
All Star Reserve

Look for players with Very Low Leadership, Very High Greed, and/or Very Low Work Ethic. Those are the Cancer traits. Also watch out for "Outspoken" players. This trait value is hidden and can only be seen in the editor, but if the player personality summary says anything suggesting the player is outspoken that is a warning sign. I think that in the game, "Outspoken" is a code word for a whiny finger pointer who will start calling out other players in the clubhouse if you start losing.
Charley575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:53 PM   #8
Anyone
Major Leagues

Usually in the summary it will let you know if a player is outspoken. It will say "X could use more tact" or "People either love him or hate him" or, in the one that sounds worst, I've seen "Sometimes gets into fights with fans."

There are a number of other summaries along those lines that warn you.
Anyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #9
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

I had a guy that actually said he was a cancer in the clubhouse recently, I I released him

Old 05-08-2016, 07:18 PM   #10
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Maybe there is no "cancer". Maybe everyone is just pissed off at losing. Especially if you have a high payroll and half the team has high salaries and half the team has low salaries and the high salaried players aren't being very productive.
monkeyman576 is online now   Reply With Quote