Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 01-27-2024, 05:00 PM   #1
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

GMExcel 24 - Single-player financial tool for OOTP

The most popular financial mod in OOTP history is back after a long absence.

I still have more tinkering to do with this, but I didn't want to play around with it anymore without letting humans use it. The goal from the past versions of GMExcel was to make it less tedious to use year after year and ultimately, to make the game more challenging and/or interesting to solo players by making some of the finances fun but also a bit more random.

I have more I want to do with it, but for now, I just wanted to share it as it's been a very long time since I released a version. This does not include market size calculators, mostly because the work involved in making one of those isn't really worth it for OOTP when you can kind of eyeball that yourself.

Last edited by darkcloud4579; 01-27-2024 at 09:08 PM.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 05:23 PM   #2
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

GMExcel24 Column Instructional Guide
  • []Year: Input the year for financial data calculation.
    []Stad. Cap. (Stadium Capacity): Enter your team's stadium capacity.
    []Salary Cap: Input the league's salary cap for the year.
    []Runs Scored (RS): Enter total runs scored by your team.
    []Runs Allowed (RA): Enter total runs allowed by your team.
    []WPCT (Winning Percentage): Input your team's winning percentage.
    []LSW (Last Season Wins): Input wins from the last season.
    []2SW (Wins Two Seasons Ago): Input wins from two seasons ago.
    []3SW (Wins Three Seasons Ago): Input wins from three seasons ago.
    []OPS Rank: Enter your team's OPS ranking.
    []ERA+ Rank: Enter your team's ERA+ ranking.
    []League Average Payroll: Input the league's average payroll.
    []Expected Wins (EW): Calculated based on RS and RA.
    []Current Performance (CP): Calculated from actual and expected performance.
    []SCC (SportsCenter Component): Calculated from OPS and ERA+ ranks.
    []Bandwagon: Calculated based on past three seasons' wins.
    []Postseason Shares: Input revenue from postseason games.
    []Playoff Bonus Pool: Input bonuses from postseason success.
    []PAYROLL: Input current season's total payroll.
    []NX BDGET (Next Budget): Projected next season's budget.
    []CASH (Cash Bank): Input available cash reserves.
    []FLEX: Wanna "go for it?" This is the FLEX you're allowed to spend at...there's gonna be a punitive feature here so you don't do it every. year but i haven't gotten there yet.
    []REMAIN (Remaining Budget): Displays remaining flex cash (i need to work on this category more...)
    []OWNER CAP: Maximum budget set by the owner.
    []Season Tickets: This figure is generated to make things interesting based on stadium capacity and other factors
    []4W% (Four-Year Winning Percentage): Calculated average winning percentage.
  • EW, EWF, PLY, DIV, PEN, WS: Expected Wins, Expected Win Factor (both autocalc'd), PLY = playoff appearance DIV = division title PEN = league pennant WS = World Series

Last edited by darkcloud4579; 01-27-2024 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-27-2024, 09:09 PM   #3
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Here's a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Because of the limited audience of stuff like this, it's mostly made for me. I'm going to already work on a simplified version of this, but I just felt like I was working at it that I wanted to share what I had so far.

Last edited by darkcloud4579; 01-27-2024 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2024, 01:37 PM   #4
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

The current spreadsheet template has 3 different financial mods..

GMBeta is a simplified version of the GMExcel tool, meant to make a more immersive single-player experience, but without lots of input. It randomizes some aspects of things to make the finances of managing a team a bit harder than just using the in-game setup, but it easy to manage as a solo player not needing to input all of the league's teams to make it work well.

GMExcel combines the essence of past versions of the tool into a modern version that actually borrows from the FOBL system because I like aspects of it. It still works for a single player -- doesn't require the whole league input -- but does need more information. It also gives you credit for more success in ways the simplified version doesn't. I'm still working out the kinks of the structure, but...it's a worthy successor to the past version of my financial mods.

The FOBL one is from the old FOBL league that used to exist in the early part of the 21st century, it was weird because we had our own financial system that existed outside of OOTP (the finances were essentially a closed system) a hard salary cap and rules that essentally made it a parity-driven exercise.

We never had a spreadsheet that calculated the financial system though, until now.