Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:50 AM   #1
Millwood
Bat Boy

Unable to replace pinch hitter with pitcher

Version: 10.2.16
PC/MAC: PC (XP)

My pitcher got injured throwing the final pitch in the top of the fourth. He was due up in the bottom half, so I put a pinch hitter in instead of a pitcher. When I tried to replace the pinch hitter in the top of the fifth, I couldn't drag and drop him in. I was able to replace the batter/pitcher with a real pitcher after the batter/pitcher pitched to one batter.

Reproduce? Unknown (haven't come across another injury on the final pitch of an inning)

Other leagues? Unknown (only running one league, and this is hard to reproduce)
Old 08-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
Tony M
Global Moderator

Because the pitcher was injured I'm guessing the game thought that the replacement was a pitcher. Do you happen to remember if the pitching box on the right side of the lineups had the PH in there?

The game does insist on instant substitutions on injury, and this is an example of where holding off for substitutions is necessary. I'll try and see if I can reproduce this.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:24 AM   #3
Tony M
Global Moderator

As there hasn't been a reply to this for several months, it will be closed for housekeeping purposes.