Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 08-06-2019, 12:07 AM   #1
Zundar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question Help with setting up new historical league

I want to have a MLB starting in 1901. I want to use real teams and league structures as they were every year. I want the stats to be based on real life stats for each year. I want real players to debut in their historical years. I want to have a draft every year so players don't have to play on their historical teams. I want a full minor league system plus college and high school feeder leagues. I also want the Negro League players available for the MLB draft, I don't want a color barrier. Can all of this be setup with a wizard? If some of it can't, is it easy to edit the league after creating?

Thanks.
Zundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:15 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundar View Post
I want to have a MLB starting in 1901. I want to use real teams and league structures as they were every year. I want the stats to be based on real life stats for each year. I want real players to debut in their historical years. I want to have a draft every year so players don't have to play on their historical teams. I want a full minor league system plus college and high school feeder leagues. I also want the Negro League players available for the MLB draft, I don't want a color barrier. Can all of this be setup with a wizard? If some of it can't, is it easy to edit the league after creating?

Thanks.
yes...however if you use a HS & college feeder those will all be fictional players, so your league is going to get flooded by them and some will be better then the current HOFers. Everything else is pretty easy thru the wizard.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:19 AM   #3
Zundar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
yes...however if you use a HS & college feeder those will all be fictional players, so your league is going to get flooded by them and some will be better then the current HOFers. Everything else is pretty easy thru the wizard.
Thanks!

If I don't use college and HS feeders will the game create enough fictional players for a full draft if there aren't enough real players coming up? Can you create a fictional player and add him to the draft pool?
Old 08-06-2019, 02:59 PM   #4
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

You get plenty of guys without creating any fictional ones.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:57 PM   #5
Zundar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
You get plenty of guys without creating any fictional ones.
There are a few people I want to add to the league in various years and see what happens. So I was wondering how I would create them and have them available for the draft.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:07 PM   #6
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundar View Post
There are a few people I want to add to the league in various years and see what happens. So I was wondering how I would create them and have them available for the draft.
You can edit one of the draftees

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:16 PM   #7
Zundar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How would I go about setting up a league that would basically be MLB starting in 1871 but using fictional players instead of real ones? I would like to use the stats and strategies for each year to match the historical MLB seasons. I also would like to have minor leagues from the start. Would I use the Fictional League option to create it? Will the Wizard walk me through the setup so I can easily set it to match MLB?
Old 10-18-2019, 03:59 AM   #8
WestCoastGuy
Minors (Double A)

Are you still looking for an answer? I just asked this question for starting a game in 1901, and it appears that the steps are identical for a game starting in 1871 with one exception.

To clear out all of the 1871 real-life players, complete these steps ... Complete Inaugural Draft (this is the extra step) ... Clear Rosters ... Delete All Free Agents in Transactions ... Fill Teams With Fictional Players.

To ensure that all future players are fictional, go to ... Game Settings - League Settings - Historical ... uncheck Automatically import historical rookies.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=307506
WestCoastGuy is offline   Reply With Quote