Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

White Sox theme team in P416

FYI "AtSomePoint White Sox" is a theme team I started this week. All players who have played for my favorite MLB team Chicago White Sox at some point in their career. Hitting is good on ratings but pitching not so much for Perfect. Probably going to be bad in the W/L column. Just giving everyone a heads up who get upset about tanking. It's not a terrible team but could be in Diamond or Gold sooner than later.

For my schedule, spending money on PP for Packs isn't worth it anymore with collection achievements and tournaments not happening while I had free time this spring. So got Shoeless Joe (yeah!!!) in AH Sunday and here I am. Mind as well make it all about the Good Guys. Especially since I will be on vacations not using the computer this summer. Okay, that's it. Full disclosure posted. Have a good day y'all
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-20-2019, 02:58 PM   #2
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

One more thing. I found a great thread searching the forums the other day. Uploaded the custom stadium to be Old Comiskey which is awesome! User made models, textures and signage for old stadiums. Shout out to user Silvam14 thank you! Link below:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=287547
Old 05-20-2019, 04:02 PM   #3
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
FYI "AtSomePoint White Sox" is a theme team I started this week. All players who have played for my favorite MLB team Chicago White Sox at some point in their career. Hitting is good on ratings but pitching not so much for Perfect. Probably going to be bad in the W/L column. Just giving everyone a heads up who get upset about tanking. It's not a terrible team but could be in Diamond or Gold sooner than later.

For my schedule, spending money on PP for Packs isn't worth it anymore with collection achievements and tournaments not happening while I had free time this spring. So got Shoeless Joe (yeah!!!) in AH Sunday and here I am. Mind as well make it all about the Good Guys. Especially since I will be on vacations not using the computer this summer. Okay, that's it. Full disclosure posted. Have a good day y'all

There's an Omar Vizquel White Sox card?
Old 05-20-2019, 04:56 PM   #4
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
There's an Omar Vizquel White Sox card?
No that's an Indians historical all-star. The theme of my team is if the player ever played for the White Sox. Vizquel had two seasons on the South Side.

The Card does not have to be on it. Tom Gordon played for them one year. Spanky was Karkovice's back-up for a couple years at catcher. Trying to field a full team of decent guys for Perfect right now. I'd also like to find other former White Sox players who won't get CWS cards like Bo Jackson, Tom Seaver and Albert Belle. Joey's '98 White Sox season deserves a card in all honesty. I think at the time he had the most RBI's ever after the all-star break. 151 overall that year and league leading .655 slugging %
Old 05-20-2019, 05:07 PM   #5
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Very cool!

I'm thinking of going "theme" when my teams hit the wall (probably in diamond).

My Leland Giants are already a Negro League theme team (and just got promoted to diamond). Probably let them ride and slowly accumulate cards that qualify (the ones I want are high value or unattainable).

I'm already converting my Bees into a small ball (or at least high contact, gap, avoid K, good defense) team. They are in gold.

My Thieves just got promoted to gold, and I may start converting them to a Senators/Twins (where I grew up) or Braves or Brewers (lived in Milwaukee for two decades) theme team when (if?) they hit diamond league.

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 05-20-2019 at 05:09 PM.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:13 PM   #6
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

No Konerko?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:52 PM   #7
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
No Konerko?
I have him on the reserve roster if Abreu ends up sucking. Same with Quentin and Thome.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:11 PM   #8
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
Very cool!

I'm thinking of going "theme" when my teams hit the wall (probably in diamond).

My Leland Giants are already a Negro League theme team (and just got promoted to diamond). Probably let them ride and slowly accumulate cards that qualify (the ones I want are high value or unattainable).

I'm already converting my Bees into a small ball (or at least high contact, gap, avoid K, good defense) team. They are in gold.

My Thieves just got promoted to gold, and I may start converting them to a Senators/Twins (where I grew up) or Braves or Brewers (lived in Milwaukee for two decades) theme team when (if?) they hit diamond league.
Very nice. Thought about making another team but not right now. I think I would go something similar to your Bees. Contact, speed, fielding route. Maybe groundball pitchers and deep gap ballpark for the hitters. Love your Giants team theme. Did you get Dihigo?

Hit a whale wall every playoff and honestly bought too much PP early during beta for upgrades that ramped me right up to diamond in a month so thought it would be fun to go White Sox theme and figure it out from there. I don't have all the best White Sox players yet thats for sure.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:19 PM   #9
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
Very nice. Thought about making another team but not right now. I think I would go something similar to your Bees. Contact, speed, fielding route. Maybe groundball pitchers and deep gap ballpark for the hitters. Love your Giants team theme. Did you get Dihigo?

Hit a whale wall every playoff and honestly bought too much PP early during beta for upgrades that ramped me right up to diamond in a month so thought it would be fun to go White Sox theme and figure it out from there. I don't have all the best White Sox players yet thats for sure.

Yep, I got Dihigo. I have 18 of the 24 cards from the card set now. Most of the others are pretty out of range, so I'm saving for the low diamond Willie Mays right now (around 20K PP).

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 05-20-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:50 PM   #10
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
Yep, I got Dihigo. I have 18 of the 24 cards from the card set now. Most of the others are pretty out of range, so I'm saving for the low diamond Willie Mays right now (around 20K PP).
There were 25 cards in the set, enough to make a full active roster.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:57 PM   #11
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
There were 25 cards in the set, enough to make a full active roster.

Oops. Yeah, meant 25. Good luck affording the high diamonds, like Josh Gibson or Oscar Charleston, though, as much as I'd love to have them...