Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:00 PM   #21
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
sometimes David does beat Goliath.

thats all Unsung Iron historical that beat a team of 100's historicals.

How you feel about that 11-66 record.....you must have swappped out all good cards when you got to diamond & experimented with cheap cards because you were spinning wheels with cards that got you to Diamond League bc I know that team didn't get you there bc Wakefield has 7 of 11 wins
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:58 PM   #22
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
So what's the point of even putting ratings,numbers,or whatever gives a card it's value of the card. So it must be a scam to get ppl to buy higher rated/numered cards if they already know 70, 80 rated cards are better, right? What the point of having silver, gold, diamonf & perfect cards? Why not have just names and throw them out there to make us find out which ones are better? This is my last week of following my teams. I'm just gonna set and forget bc its just random if i win or not trying to set up matchups.Anothdr thing I dont understand is how Perfect & Diamond card teams can just hang around GOLD leagues forever trouncing the competition. I got 6 teams & probably a total of 6 Diamond Cards, never seen a perfect on my team.Javy Lopez 93 is his 2003 year .328 43 HR he has never hit more than 14 HR & .300 once. I dropped a $20 bill in AH to get him....NEVER EVER AGAIN.....felt like i got ripped off. This was fun but not any longer....just spinning wheels.
There "are" strategies that can get you winners at Diamond without spending any money having players that were mostly silver with some bronze and a couple of golds. Personally I like it when you can't rely on the Overall rating and have to look for the best at each level. If it was strictly just getting the highest OVR you can, there wouldn't be as much of a challenge. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on who is looking at it), PT20 has the ratings closer to the true value of a player than they did in PT19, at least for the lower priced stars from PT19 such as Dierker, Barker and Corbin. Now many of the players that were highly desirable due to their production in PT19 have much higher OVRs (look no further than Ichiro for examples).
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 06:58 AM   #23
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
There "are" strategies that can get you winners at Diamond without spending any money having players that were mostly silver with some bronze and a couple of golds. Personally I like it when you can't rely on the Overall rating and have to look for the best at each level. If it was strictly just getting the highest OVR you can, there wouldn't be as much of a challenge. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on who is looking at it), PT20 has the ratings closer to the true value of a player than they did in PT19, at least for the lower priced stars from PT19 such as Dierker, Barker and Corbin. Now many of the players that were highly desirable due to their production in PT19 have much higher OVRs (look no further than Ichiro for examples).

BUNK Theory....Speaking of PT 20....I often feel like it's more of a 2 quarter football game than baseball. HIGH ERA's & HIGH OFFENSE. Only way to be competetive is have a team mix od Perfect 100 Cards & Diamond cards yet you may have 18-20 game pitching winners with ERA over & near 5. I rarely even check on my PT 20 leagues during season, your starter rarely pitches more than 5-6 innings (yes I edited Startegy for slow pulling of statrters) but that''l only cause my starter to give up 15-20 hits & 10-15 runs in 6 innings. I have 6 position players on one of my teams with over 20 HR with 1 lead the league with 40 & I still had losing record. All my starters are rated 85 to 89 with 1 at 91.JUst as soon not even have names on cards identifying card. Going back to playing pre PERFECT TEAM way of playing. Everyone else thats enjoying the PT kudos to you I just cant handle much more of it. It was fun for a bit but just MEH...now. I guess just not for randomness of PT. 20 games winning pitcher 1 year to 15-18 games loser next, to so bad you cant even play them next. Low BA & HR totals combined with league of bad pitchers.

Question. 69 Ichiro card is awesome mostly....what the heck is the 100 card of Ichiro like? Don't hear or see much of it. Gotta pay big bucks for 100 but get 69 in randon packs....boggles me.

Something just isn't jiving with the PT game...Really tired of playing whale teams in GOLD & Bronze Leagues...Something has to be done there
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:27 AM   #24
Stick50
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
If it was strictly just getting the highest OVR you can, there wouldn't be as much of a challenge.
So there is the thing.. If you look at the whale teams they are STACKED with "100" cards...

If the theory is the fun of it is to find the "hidden gems" and which guys are better then they should be... and those guys will help you win, thats great. But that simply isnt the case. Find all the hidden Ichiros you want, you will lose to Ruth, Young, etc 99% of the time.

One of the things I loved most about OOTP was the realism, and yes that seems to get lost in PT.. Show me a pitcher who has an ERA of 3 one year, 5 the next, then 3 again, then maybe 7, etc. The GREAT ones are always great (again Ruth, etc) but it seems like if you are anything short of it... Its a crapshoot year to year.

Last edited by Stick50; 05-19-2019 at 08:35 AM.
Stick50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:24 AM   #25
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neugey View Post
As I've stated before, I'd like to see them turn up the relegation numbers, particularly at Perfect level. It doesn't make much sense to have relegation at '2' there. It should be harder to stay at the top level.

I think the lower number increases the friends league. Though I like increasing relegation to 8, it is not going to happen. Need to create a friends league based on a theme or point system to mitigate whales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:59 AM   #26
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
BUNK Theory....
Worked three out of three tries for me. YMMV
Old 05-19-2019, 10:06 AM   #27
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick50 View Post
So there is the thing.. If you look at the whale teams they are STACKED with "100" cards...

If the theory is the fun of it is to find the "hidden gems" and which guys are better then they should be... and those guys will help you win, thats great. But that simply isnt the case. Find all the hidden Ichiros you want, you will lose to Ruth, Young, etc 99% of the time.

One of the things I loved most about OOTP was the realism, and yes that seems to get lost in PT.. Show me a pitcher who has an ERA of 3 one year, 5 the next, then 3 again, then maybe 7, etc. The GREAT ones are always great (again Ruth, etc) but it seems like if you are anything short of it... Its a crapshoot year to year.
as mentioned in one post you can win at diamond because all three got promoted to Perfect. At perfect it was different as they won 40 to 45% until upgraded or demoted
Old 05-19-2019, 10:11 AM   #28
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Not sure why “realism” would be brought up since there has never been a league of the greatest of all time so it is only speculation at best to know what kind of year to year variance there would be or like in other threads where people question why a 300 hitter doesn’t hit 300 when facing the best players and seasons ever.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:21 PM   #29
Stick50
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Not sure why “realism” would be brought up since there has never been a league of the greatest of all time so it is only speculation at best to know what kind of year to year variance there would be or like in other threads where people question why a 300 hitter doesn’t hit 300 when facing the best players and seasons ever.
Example... Tris Speaker record breaker 1923. . He hit .380 that year and faced decent pitching. Do i think he should be a .380 against the best of all-time? No, but i dont think he should be a .270 hitter either.

Paul Waner PEAK- He had a couple of .370 and .380 seasons so, i could assume they would call this his "PEAK" years. Sp far he is a .260 hitter so far.

Its not an exact science i know
Old 05-19-2019, 12:51 PM   #30
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I think the lower number increases the friends league. Though I like increasing relegation to 8, it is not going to happen. Need to create a friends league based on a theme or point system to mitigate whales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Friends League that is F2P only (must confirm by submitting Transaction History) is the only way we can levelize the teams. And we need someone (commissioner?) to accumulate stats for ONLY the F2P league - in other words, anyone not on the Friends list doesn't get included in standings.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:03 PM   #31
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Example... Tris Speaker record breaker 1923. . He hit .380 that year and faced decent pitching. Do i think he should be a .380 against the best of all-time? No, but i dont think he should be a .270 hitter either.

Paul Waner PEAK- He had a couple of .370 and .380 seasons so, i could assume they would call this his "PEAK" years. Sp far he is a .260 hitter so far.

If Speaker drops by one hit a week because the pitching is better he becomes a .275 hitter
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #32
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I did lol at casually throwing in "faced decent pitching" like this guy can give us an analysis of pitching from 1923
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:18 PM   #33
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:

They are facing elite pitching.

If you want something ultra-realistic you should play the regular game.

PT is a different animal.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 06:01 PM   #34
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
A Friends League that is F2P only (must confirm by submitting Transaction History) is the only way we can levelize the teams. And we need someone (commissioner?) to accumulate stats for ONLY the F2P league - in other words, anyone not on the Friends list doesn't get included in standings.
This is what Orcin did in OOTP19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Mini-Whale League Champions

This Perfect League (and Diamond feeder league) used an active roster limit of 50 points based on the following scale:

Perfect = 5 points
Diamond = 3 points
Gold = 1 point
Silver and below = 0 points

For example. 2 perfects = 10 points plus 10 diamonds equal 30 points plus 10 golds equal 10 points plus 3 silvers or below free.
Obviously, the roster limit was on the honor system.

It was a fun league and limited whales. It's just not all diamonds, perfect and golds are created equal. If this was to be done again I would suggest the following:

This Perfect League (and Diamond feeder league) used an active roster limit of 50 points based on the following scale:

Perfect = 5 points - non-MLB2019 Live Cards
Perfect = 4 points - MLB2019 Live Cards
Diamond = 3 points - non-MLB2019 Live Cards
Diamond = 2 points - MLB2019 Live Cards
Gold = 1 point
Silver and below = 0 points

For example. 2 perfects = 10 points plus 10 diamonds equal 30 points plus 10 golds equal 10 points plus 3 silvers or below free.
Obviously, the roster limit was on the honor system.

I don't believe MLB2019Live cards are as good as peak or historical all stars.

Unfortunately, Orcin did a great job and put time and effort to get this league together. Who can do this???

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:39 AM   #35
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

So my Teatotallers made it to PL without spending a dime. I spent $10 once reaching PL to a get a Lou Boudreau card I'd been wanting that happened to finally pop up on the AH. I don't plan to spend anything else.
I finished in PL 20 games under my first season. Gold Ichiro which is affordable for a F2P team, won the batting crown. He hasn't hit under .340 for me.
Daniel Murphy who dropped to silver this week, hit above .290. 89 Wade Boggs hit .300. There are plenty of players out there. And many of them will depend on your strategy and ballpark settings on maxing their potential and their team.

I don't mind it taking me weeks to generate 25k+ pp to upgrade at this point.
If you're expecting to be instantly competitive once reaching PL as a F2P team, you have terrible expectations.

Tourneys which will give card rewards will help F2P teams, and if AH is available on the app later, it'll be much easier to track and make some extra PP off the AH each week.

Though I do think a level above PL or for PL's top teams is worth it once it becomes saturated in the months to come.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:09 PM   #36
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornbreaker View Post
Tourneys which will give card rewards will help F2P teams
Agreed with the rest of your post, but can't figure out why this is true. Seems to me, even if F2P have a better chance in a capped or specialized tourney, they will still have to deal with whales that can afford all they want and put forth the best of all players. Then by the time you add in the collection rewards they can get, they'll have players either for tourneys or for Perfect league that widen the gap even more. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't understand how a team with limited resources can ever compete against one with unlimited just on the basis of the players they can play. They'll still have to rely on managerial ability or luck which might be a bigger factor in a capped league, but still not the end all because they won't necessarily have the best players at their disposal to begin with.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:45 PM   #37
allenciox
All Star Reserve

So I have done some analysis of stats from teams in Gold, Diamond, and Perfect leagues ---- 10 leagues total for last week (season).... these are the average OVR (overalls for pitchers and batters in each)

level pitch bat
Gold: 84.4 83.3
Dia: 87.5 84.8
Perf: 93.1 91.6

In other words, The difference between Perfect and Diamond is over three times greater than the difference between Diamond and Gold.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:06 PM   #38
allenciox
All Star Reserve

another way of looking at this: In Diamond, the average team has 0.44 perfect players and 6.1 diamond players on their roster. In perfect leagues, the average team has 3.8 perfect players and 11.1 diamond players on their roster.

(in gold, it is 0.21 perfect players and 4.5 diamond players)

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:23 PM   #39
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

How does one ever get a perfect card? I've opened more than 300 packs in PT20 and still nothing. Highest ever was a 97 Blyleven that sold for 50k. I've never had even 20% of the money to buy a perfect, and am starting to believe I will never have one. (I opened more than 2000 packs in PT 19 and got a perfect Sale that sold for 24k long after everyone left the game, so it was meaningless.

So it really just comes down to either shelling out money or being lucky? And even if I shell out money there isn't a guarantee that will get a perfect card? Money isn't an option for me. I'm very poor. I was lucky enough to have birthday money available when the game came out just to purchase the base game.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:25 PM   #40
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

option A) keep pulling packs. Option B) save up for...awhile. Option C) throw dolla bills like rain

Obviously in your case -- i'd say save up. It'll take awhile but you will get there. That being said, I'd make sure the rest of your team is solid first before you try to wait for a perfect card b/c it will mean no other improvements for quite awhile.

Last edited by CrazyWR; 05-20-2019 at 04:27 PM. Reason: ETA
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote