Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-24-2017, 01:30 PM   #1
asiriath
Minors (Rookie Ball)

AI doesnt know how to set lineups

My best player is a 4 star Alex Turcotte in 2021, The AI seems to think he should be a healthy scratch/4th line grinder the entire year... what the hell?? By far my best offensive player and the easily my best center yet no matter what i do as soon as i let the AI touch my team he gets scratched and they put a 2 star 33 year old in my first line center role.
asiriath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:45 PM   #2
asiriath
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Decided to test out editing his defensive stats. I added +1 to his checking (putting it 1 higher then the 2 star guy hes being replaced by) and now the AI puts him on the first line.. So the AI wants agitators and grinders on the first line do to checking stats it seems. I can literally make him Gretzky-like on offense, but if his checking is low hes a scratch or a 4th liner according to the AI.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
asiriath
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Also, he seems to have lost his "rookie" status even though hes only played 10 games split across 2 seasons. (5 per). According to NHL rules...

Rookie Qualifications
To be considered a rookie, a player must not have played in more than 25 NHL games in any preceding seasons, nor in six or more NHL games in each of any two preceding seasons. Any player at least 26 years of age (by September 15th of that season) is not considered a rookie.

None of these apply as he has played only 10 games between 2 seasons and is 20 years old.

Something to look into anyways. Great work so far guys.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:36 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Was the save started prior to the most recent update? That problem with the lines sounds like something that was fixed with one of the role definitions.

We'll check the rookie definitions, they're supposed to be following the NHL system but something may be getting counted wrong (my first suspicion would be exhibition games.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:14 AM   #5
doitny
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm having the same problem. I have Felix Potvin at 3 stars and Damien Rhodes at 1 1/2 stars. last year Rhodes started 55 games compared to 27 for Potvin. and started all my playoff games. this year again he played more games and ALL the playoff games. I'm not the coach but he does have Potvin as the staring goalie.

and BTW the current playoff stats are blank. not showing up on the stats
doitny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:37 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

That definitely sounds like an older version - the first two updates made changes to the goalie starts to avoid that sort of situation, and fixed a problem with playoff stats not being shown.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:06 PM   #7
analgesic
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Weren't the improvements to coach AI supposed to be backwards compatible with existing saves?
analgesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:48 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Some of them are, but some parts depend on data defining roles and tactics that gets created when a new game is started.