Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:04 PM   #21
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

The problem is you didn't sign Sid Finch he is an OOTP wonderkid!
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:19 AM   #22
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

I know I sent a very strongly worded email to Markus and company after the Cleveland Cavs lost both Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving in the playoffs last year....they clearly wanted Golden State to win......
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:14 AM   #23
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Yet another Steller example of the "Participation Trophy" generation
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #24
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

Garrett Richards Likely Requires Tommy John Surgery; Andrew Heaney Has UCL Damage - MLB Trade Rumors

Just saying...
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:45 AM   #25
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
realstar......you think you've been cheated?.....I still have John Danks on my Sox team......and he sucks just like FOR REAL!!!

For kickers.....check out the career of Joe Charboneau
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:46 AM   #26
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
realstar......you think you've been cheated?.....I still have John Danks on my Sox team......and he sucks just like FOR REAL!!!

For kickers.....check out the career of Joe Charboneau
Don't forget Ray Fosse....
Old 05-06-2016, 11:54 AM   #27
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Ray Fosse played 12 years.....nearly 3,000 AB's.....I'd take that....
Old 05-06-2016, 12:03 PM   #28
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Never the same after the 1970 or 1971 ASG.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:24 PM   #29
Craig Scarborough
All Star Reserve

if self.league() == aboutToWin:
self.sabotage()
else:
self.continueToHangCarrot()
Craig Scarborough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #30
dwwindsor
Bat Boy

I just had to laugh at this. If there is a post of the year award this one should get serious consideration.
dwwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:45 PM   #31
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

The game is almost too perfect. Just played a game Jose Abreu went 1-4. Singled in first with nobody on base then struck out 3 straight times with runners in scoring position......Tada!!!

"It's not how good you mow..."
"It's how well you mow good...."
Old 05-06-2016, 07:30 PM   #32
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Scarborough View Post

self.sabotage()
else:
Damn, that's funny!

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:58 PM   #33
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

self.sabotage()
else:
Need to quote this before Markus deletes it.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:58 PM   #34
dcd111
Minors (Double A)

I know what the OP means. Playing the Mets in '87 historical, I'm expecting an easy divisional championship with the best rotation in baseball, by far, and a better lineup than the team that won 108 games in '86. But then in spring training, I get an unwelcome message: two month drug suspension for my ace Dwight Gooden. Then the game really screws up my season: Bobby Ojeda, who won the most games on the staff in '86, needs surgery and goes down for the whole season. WTF? It wasn't until May when I realized this game is really messing with me, though: Sid Fernandez gets injured running out a triple after pitching five innings of no-hit ball. Running out a triple?!? Dude was fat and slow, no way the game should be giving that guy a triple, let alone giving my pitcher an injury for running.

By the time the season was over, I had six starting pitchers miss starts because of injuries. Oh, yeah, my closer got injured for awhile, too, and then just when it seemed I might get back in the playoff race, he kept blowing games and giving up big home runs in September, like the game is scripted and just refused to let me win. And when the starters weren't injured, half the rotation still got sabotaged with big drops in ratings; Ron Darling and Rick Aguilera were top notch guys in '86 but finished my 1987 season with ERAs over 4. Really? How is this not BS junk?

Well, it might seem like it would be, except all of this actually happened to the Mets in 1987 in real life, not in the game. So maybe two good pitchers struggling in one season isn't really all that crazy or unrealistic?
dcd111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:14 AM   #35
tlowe77
Major Leagues

^^^this
tlowe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:38 AM   #36
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd111 View Post
I know what the OP means. Playing the Mets in '87 historical, I'm expecting an easy divisional championship with the best rotation in baseball, by far, and a better lineup than the team that won 108 games in '86. But then in spring training, I get an unwelcome message: two month drug suspension for my ace Dwight Gooden. Then the game really screws up my season: Bobby Ojeda, who won the most games on the staff in '86, needs surgery and goes down for the whole season. WTF? It wasn't until May when I realized this game is really messing with me, though: Sid Fernandez gets injured running out a triple after pitching five innings of no-hit ball. Running out a triple?!? Dude was fat and slow, no way the game should be giving that guy a triple, let alone giving my pitcher an injury for running.

By the time the season was over, I had six starting pitchers miss starts because of injuries. Oh, yeah, my closer got injured for awhile, too, and then just when it seemed I might get back in the playoff race, he kept blowing games and giving up big home runs in September, like the game is scripted and just refused to let me win. And when the starters weren't injured, half the rotation still got sabotaged with big drops in ratings; Ron Darling and Rick Aguilera were top notch guys in '86 but finished my 1987 season with ERAs over 4. Really? How is this not BS junk?

Well, it might seem like it would be, except all of this actually happened to the Mets in 1987 in real life, not in the game. So maybe two good pitchers struggling in one season isn't really all that crazy or unrealistic?
Brilliant post!
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:58 AM   #37
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
Damn, that's funny!
Quote:

self.sabotage()
else:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Need to quote this before Markus deletes it.
Nerds 😏

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:56 PM   #38
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Now this post should be in the OOTP Forum HOF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd111 View Post

“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote