Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-23-2015, 01:07 PM   #81
Phatferd
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'll be pre-ordering this game (probably today) so I just wanted to say thanks for being so accessible to your customers and this community, it really makes me feel like I'm a part of something!

With that said, is there any chance of wRC+ being added to the game this year? It's the only stat that I'm really missing when I'm in the game trying to make some quick decisions and judgments on a player.
Phatferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:07 PM   #82
Kobeck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Leaky roof??? Astros had a game rained out back in the 1970's because of rain plus a series was rained out because of a Hurricane in the area a few years ago. They played a home game or two in Milwaukee.
I thought the Astros game was rained out because the streets were flooded, but whatevers. It would be nice if 1 game in a gazillion was 'postponed' in domed stadiums for whatever random reason.

especially now that the game will deal with a postponed game properly
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:26 PM   #83
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
I beg to differ.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3796895

Old 01-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #84
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatferd View Post
I'll be pre-ordering this game (probably today) so I just wanted to say thanks for being so accessible to your customers and this community, it really makes me feel like I'm a part of something!

With that said, is there any chance of wRC+ being added to the game this year? It's the only stat that I'm really missing when I'm in the game trying to make some quick decisions and judgments on a player.
Sadly, I never heard about wRC+. Seems like a great stat

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #85
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatferd View Post

If it makes you feel better, we plan on adding new stats in, and I'm fairly certain wRC+ will be one of them.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:46 PM   #86
HerbertMcHoover
Minors (Triple A)

Will you guys be releasing a list of small features added like that? wRC+ is a pretty big new add for me. Really helpful with evaluating players.
HerbertMcHoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:52 PM   #87
Kobeck
Major Leagues

features list emphasized REAL PLAYERS would have career playoff stats tracked

will fictional players have career playoff stats tracked?
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #88
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobeck View Post
I thought the Astros game was rained out because the streets were flooded, but whatevers. It would be nice if 1 game in a gazillion was 'postponed' in domed stadiums for whatever random reason.

especially now that the game will deal with a postponed game properly
It looks like you are right. According to Wikipedia on 6-15-76 the game between Pirates vs Astros was rained out because fans couldn't make it too the game.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:25 PM   #89
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobeck View Post
features list emphasized REAL PLAYERS would have career playoff stats tracked

will fictional players have career playoff stats tracked?
They already do in OOTP 15. But we have added career playoff leaderboards for fictional leagues too
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #90
hfield007
All Star Starter

I'm so angry... I want to restart the league i've played with the last two versions after seeing that list.

Can we see a grandslam career leaderboard PLEASE!?

Also hoping playoff stats leaderboards will be retroactive with leagues that transfer to 16.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #91
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfield007 View Post
Also hoping playoff stats leaderboards will be retroactive with leagues that transfer to 16.
They are
Old 01-23-2015, 03:08 PM   #92
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Markus, thanks again for the most wonderful baseball game in the world.
I will be eternally grateful that I stumbled on a CD in 2002 named Season Ticket Baseball.

Out of gratitude I always wait until after release to buy it so you can make a few extra bucks.

Would you prefer to get paid right now at the reduced rate?

Is it possible to buy it now, but pay the $39.95 price?

Thanks for the rainouts.

Will the game now show scores of both games of a doubleheader on the Schedule page?
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:10 PM   #93
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Markus, thanks again for the most wonderful baseball game in the world.
I will be eternally grateful that I stumbled on a CD in 2002 named Season Ticket Baseball.

Out of gratitude I always wait until after release to buy it so you can make a few extra bucks.

Would you prefer to get paid right now at the reduced rate?

Is it possible to buy it now, but pay the $39.95 price?

Thanks for the rainouts.

Will the game now show scores of both games of a doubleheader on the Schedule page?
Buy two pre-orders and find a kid to pass it along too.
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:15 PM   #94
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Markus said for MLB games yes, fictional no.
MLB in all probability just won't allow it.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:15 PM   #95
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

I am a vicious skeptic about the MLB license because other baseball sims have tried this and have not achieved anything with it in their sales and marketing. I sure hope the company is not betting any of its investments in additional resources on the license generating new revenue to pay for it. Hopefully the additional resources are driven by bootstrapping and not future revenue projections.

But, if the company can bootstrap and continue to invest more resources in programming and can deliver more impactful features and eventually deliver a quality 3D graphics experience, the MLB license won't matter to me one way or the other.

I like several of the new features that have been announced, but the 3D graphics are going to be a major litmus test for this version. It's going to take a lot more than 3D MLB ballparks to make this part of the game playable because the initial OOTP 15 release and patches never achieved a properly functioning in-game 3D experience.

If somehow this can be improved to the point where we see real, 3D ball flight, with a properly sized 3D view, players on the field, and animation, then it will finally live up to expectations and be a hugely important feature for the future.

If the company is looking to tap into new audiences, then this will be one of the best ways to do it, to provide a nice 3D visual experience that can accompany the text-based and interactive elements that make the game great.

As it is now, the 3D experience is impossible for me to follow and simply doesn't function in a meaningful way, so I hope there is a massive leap in this area for OOTP 16.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 01-23-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:35 PM   #96
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Markus, will historical jerseys and caps for all seasons be included right off the bat as well? Or just logos? Worse comes to worse we can just download/transfer the mods, but I was just wondering.

Thanks
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:38 PM   #97
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Markus, will historical jerseys and caps for all seasons be included right off the bat as well? Or just logos? Worse comes to worse we can just download/transfer the mods, but I was just wondering.

Thanks
Just logos... we may be adding historical jerseys later.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:50 PM   #98
bada bing
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (99)
1. When will parks for old-time baseball be released?

2. How is 3D improved? Will there be little men running around the bases? Will fielders move to get to the ball? Will they then throw the ball to the cutoff man or a specific base? How will play decisions by the umpires be depicted?
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:53 PM   #99
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWay View Post
Buy two pre-orders and find a kid to pass it along too.
Good idea.

Thanks.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:05 PM   #100
Avindian
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
So excited about this! Every year, I think to myself, "There's no way they could possibly top last season's model," and every year I'm mistaken. Well done all!

A question -- if I pre-order the game from you guys directly, does that mean I would get three licenses? The normal two plus the Steam key?

Thank you!
Bumping this question (only because I've seen lots of other questions get answered. )
Avindian is offline   Reply With Quote