Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2015, 10:48 AM   #21
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Yep. And what's about Brad? I thought that he's the PR guy. Wouldn't it be possible for him to take a look at the game and post some things for the community?
In Brad's defense, he seems like a one man show.. Running multiple Twitter, and Facebook pages and making posts on here. One of the game testers might have a better chance of revealing experience stuff. Maybe let Brad approve the post so they're not revealing anything that they shouldnt?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:59 PM   #22
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post

That said, we are not working alone on 2015! We have a very dedicated group of researchers/testers that test/play the hell out of the 2015 version for weeks now. So I know for a fact, that e.g. the new GUI/Navigation is much, much better then in 2014.
The above is an update, maybe not the one some are looking for, but an "update" nonetheless.

The fact seems to be some of you are looking for a new Road to Release blog, that's fine but they will share that information when they are ready to.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:36 PM   #23
tward13
All Star Starter

I come here every so often and look for info. When there is none I take that to mean the team is hard at work on the next release. Unless Markus posts a "game is dead" post I figure they're working on it. A short post doesn't tell me any more than I need to know.

Amazing how some can't get this simple concept.

Oh, and I purchased the first version and have been buying each version of OOTP for 10 years or more, so I don't think anyone else is any more or less deserving of info. I'm a loyal customer. I'll be here when it's ready.

Last edited by tward13; 01-04-2015 at 09:38 PM.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #24
Simple Mathematics
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
I come here every so often and look for info. When there is none I take that to mean the team is hard at work on the next release. Unless Markus posts a "game is dead" post I figure they're working on it. A short post doesn't tell me any more than I need to know.

Amazing how some can't get this simple concept.

Oh, and I purchased the first version and have been buying each version of OOTP for 10 years or more, so I don't think anyone else is any more or less deserving of info. I'm a loyal customer. I'll be here when it's ready.
I don't think anyone means anything bad by it. I think everyone is just excited about the game. The Road to Release blogs have fueled the excitement even more. Personally, I am really pumped for FHM 15 because of being let down so much by EA NHL 15.

I am thinking about making a Revamped Roster for FHM 15, for those of you who are familiar with me and the Revamped Rosters project for EA NHL from Operation Sports. I just have to become more familiar with FHM's attribute system and understand how attributes vary from league to league (like the differences in attributes for the NHL and the AHL). Any help would be appreciated!
Simple Mathematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:10 AM   #25
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics View Post
I don't think anyone means anything bad by it. I think everyone is just excited about the game. The Road to Release blogs have fueled the excitement even more. Personally, I am really pumped for FHM 15 because of being let down so much by EA NHL 15.

I am thinking about making a Revamped Roster for FHM 15, for those of you who are familiar with me and the Revamped Rosters project for EA NHL from Operation Sports. I just have to become more familiar with FHM's attribute system and understand how attributes vary from league to league (like the differences in attributes for the NHL and the AHL). Any help would be appreciated!
Exactly. I don't know what's so bad about that multiple users are requesting more updates... It shows that there is a lot of interest in the game!

To the second part of your post: I remember you and your rosters were awesome. Kinda sad that you're not continuing work for NHL 14 instead (I agree, NHL 15 is a joke)... But I'd love to see FHM rosters from you!
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:42 AM   #26
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Exactly. I don't know what's so bad about that multiple users are requesting more updates... It shows that there is a lot of interest in the game!

To the second part of your post: I remember you and your rosters were awesome. Kinda sad that you're not continuing work for NHL 14 instead (I agree, NHL 15 is a joke)... But I'd love to see FHM rosters from you!
I never said that it is bad to ask for updates, I just explained why we don't give out any at the moment.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:18 AM   #27
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I never said that it is bad to ask for updates, I just explained why we don't give out any at the moment.
That's reassuring to hear that.

My post was more directed to tward. I just hope that the communication gets a bit better going forward. As already mentioned by others in this thread I indeed think that short updates about what is being worked on and from time to time an indication (maybe in percent; doesn't have to be exact!) of what's already finished would be really helpful and motivating for us users to keep coming back.
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #28
tward13
All Star Starter

Yet people will keep asking for updates. Maybe we could have a locked post pinned to the top:

We're working on it. We will release it when it's done. No date will be announced until we're done.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #29
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Yet people will keep asking for updates. Maybe we could have a locked post pinned to the top:

We're working on it. We will release it when it's done. No date will be announced until we're done.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...te-thread.html

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 01-05-2015, 08:40 PM   #30
BradC
All Star Starter

I am indeed a one-man show (and one who tried to take some time off during the holidays, so now I'm attempting to catch up on the forums).

I wouldn't have a problem with us doing what's suggested below, but that would be up to Sebastian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
In Brad's defense, he seems like a one man show.. Running multiple Twitter, and Facebook pages and making posts on here. One of the game testers might have a better chance of revealing experience stuff. Maybe let Brad approve the post so they're not revealing anything that they shouldnt?
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:20 AM   #31
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

It is not about who is posting stuff but what we want to reveal. I explained it multiple times now that we want to be careful, at least at the moment. Maybe some day that will change but until then I will be active here but not post anything we are not comfortable with.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:56 AM   #32
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Well that's it then the boss has spoken. We'll have to wait until after the Habs bring home the cup i guess !
Old 01-06-2015, 11:08 AM   #33
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorreporre View Post
Well that's it then the boss has spoken. We'll have to wait until after the Habs bring home the cup i guess !
Never is really long, I'm pretty sure we will have stuff before...
Old 01-06-2015, 11:13 AM   #34
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
As we say in french, i gave you the stick you hit me with
Old 01-06-2015, 11:36 AM   #35
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
It is not about who is posting stuff but what we want to reveal. I explained it multiple times now that we want to be careful, at least at the moment. Maybe some day that will change but until then I will be active here but not post anything we are not comfortable with.
Which is why I said "Have Brad approve it." Thanks to Brad for being okay with that too... And it IS about who is posting stuff, because you have said time and time again that spending time here takes time away from working on the game. Allowing someone to write something up occasionally on how development is looking and have Brad approve it takes that concern out of the equation.

But as someone above said, the boss has spoken. I'll just keep waiting for the patch.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic

Last edited by AlpineSK; 01-06-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:07 PM   #36
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Ugh, I now must become a Montreal Canadiens fan, Go Habs!
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #37
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Clean your glasses man, he said Habs, not Leafs.

I'd like FHM15 in colour, not B&W
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:58 PM   #38
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Clean your glasses man, he said Habs, not Leafs.

I'd like FHM15 in colour, not B&W
Ugh, I don't like the direction this thread has gone.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:30 AM   #39
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Was happy to see a couple of happy/joking responses back in this forum ....
... then hell broke loose here in Paris
I guess joking is not good in this world
Old 01-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #40
BradC
All Star Starter

Our thoughts are with those affected by the tragedy.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote