Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 04-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Version 0.9.19 Game Update Now Available

Our newest game update, Version 0.9.19, is now available:

You can download the new version at:

FHM - Update 0.9.19

Installation instructions: After you download the file just install it over your existing game (you don't need to un-install the old version first!). Make sure to select the correct path to your game if needed. (this link should avoid the problems we had earlier with older cached versions, but you may still want to double-check when you start the game that it's version 0.9.19 - look at the bottom of the startup screen, it should read "Version 0.9 Beta Build 19.")

Saves from version 0.9.17 are compatible with this version, those from earlier versions are not. (Note that if your save is from July 1, 2013 or later, you may be better off restarting - a bug fixed in 0.9.19 will have disabled most playoffs from the second season onward.)

No complete patch notes this time, as this is basically a hotfix that introduces some significant speed improvements when autosimming games. It also fixes the aforementioned playoff bug, and a recently-introduced crash bug involving AI teams that was eventually causing unavoidable crashes.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to nail down the crash some people are experiencing in viewed games immediately after the first save. We'll be back at work on that tomorrow, and hopefully will have it fixed for the next update.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Loving the new build. I was able to Sim 10+ seasons hands free with no crashes and the Sim speed is much better now that I can turn off a few leagues. A few things I have noticed.

1. I cant see the simulation progress when auto simming. If I remember correctly this had been a problem before but was addressed in one of the first build updates.

2. When I checked the game after letting it Sim. The standings screen only had 2 goalies under the stat category's. The rest were listed when you actualy went and checked the league wide stats just not on the autosim screen. Btw the in-game year was 2022 by the time i checked it.

Once again thanks for all the hard work and keep it up.

Last edited by Bruins86; 04-29-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
nichklasbäckström
Minors (Rookie Ball)

today i buy and download the game and now that update.
wtf. where all the awards winner stats...??
But that game is great i think so.wen fixed that.
nichklasbäckström is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
jbsnadb
All Star Starter

You have to expect certain features to not be implemented in Beta.
"And as I wander with my music through the jungles of Despair, my kid will learn guitar and find a street corner somewhere. There he'll make the silence listen to the dream behind the voice, and show his minstrel Hamlet daddy that there only was one choice."
jbsnadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Another problem is a Quickstart that was maded with this update says invaild Database version and shouldn't.

Last edited by mgom27; 04-29-2013 at 10:13 AM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Regarding the next update: I had hoped to do a data one this week, but some changes we've made to the team data cause problems without some corresponding game updates. And the game update still needs additional work and testing, so it's not looking like a good idea to release it this week. I'd also like to start re-enabling some of the league-editing features we disabled at launch, and that'll require testing, as well.

So, next update (game and data) will be scheduled for next Wednesday, May 8. If that changes, I'll let you know.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Keep up the great work Jeff and thanks for being so open with us about what to expect. It is nice to have that when you are used the way some other companies do things.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:09 AM   #8
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Regarding the next update: I had hoped to do a data one this week, but some changes we've made to the team data cause problems without some corresponding game updates. And the game update still needs additional work and testing, so it's not looking like a good idea to release it this week. I'd also like to start re-enabling some of the league-editing features we disabled at launch, and that'll require testing, as well.

So, next update (game and data) will be scheduled for next Wednesday, May 8. If that changes, I'll let you know.
So does that mean i might be able to start messing around with the GPG avg for leagues? Kinda kills historic mode when the top point scorer in the 80's barley breaks 80 pts lol.

Also i had asked this before but i dont remember if you gave me a response or not and if you did please forgive me for being a idiot lol, but at some point do you plan on having players like Gretzky, Orr etc. truly outshine there peers so to speak? Right now Orr is no better then any other d-man in the league and i have never had Gretzky win 1 art ross on multiple test sims. Obviously its a beta and the players have not been rated completely, but even when i max out all stats at 20 they don't do all that much better then the other players in the league, if at all. I know its not a high priority thing right now and wouldn't expect it anytime soon but i would like to know if this is something that might get addressed before September release?

Once again thanks for all the hard work and keep it up.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #9
jbsnadb
All Star Starter

Jeff,

Are you able to give some idea as to what changes are being made for the next update? Curious about the direction of development at this point.
"And as I wander with my music through the jungles of Despair, my kid will learn guitar and find a street corner somewhere. There he'll make the silence listen to the dream behind the voice, and show his minstrel Hamlet daddy that there only was one choice."
jbsnadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #10
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Does this include roster update?
thebusbybriddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
Skills
Minors (Rookie Ball)

will there be an update today?
Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skills View Post
will there be an update today?
Suppose too be. They could still be testing because some of the original disabled features are suppose to working.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

We ran into a weird bug that's happening at a predictable time, but also seems to make the savegame unloadable, so it's a little tricky to diagnose. Last I heard from him, Sebastian said they'd figured out it was related to a new playable league (we added another level to Finland this week), so I think they'll have it fixed in fairly short order, but by the time he told me that it was already 2 AM over there. So the update won't be out until Thursday, but barring any other stability problems (which I don't expect, I ran a historical game for 30 years with the new build this afternoon and it was stable) it should be ready relatively early in the day, i.e. late morning in Europe/very early morning in NA.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #14
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
We ran into a weird bug that's happening at a predictable time, but also seems to make the savegame unloadable, so it's a little tricky to diagnose. Last I heard from him, Sebastian said they'd figured out it was related to a new playable league (we added another level to Finland this week), so I think they'll have it fixed in fairly short order, but by the time he told me that it was already 2 AM over there. So the update won't be out until Thursday, but barring any other stability problems (which I don't expect, I ran a historical game for 30 years with the new build this afternoon and it was stable) it should be ready relatively early in the day, i.e. late morning in Europe/very early morning in NA.
Thanks for the update, I cant wait. lol
Old 05-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

First attempt at an update build today appears to have failed, we're getting a repeatable crash near the beginning of the second season. Sebastian and Malte are looking at it now, but it'll likely be at least another couple of hours before the update, assuming the problem can be found and fixed quickly.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #16
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
First attempt at an update build today appears to have failed, we're getting a repeatable crash near the beginning of the second season. Sebastian and Malte are looking at it now, but it'll likely be at least another couple of hours before the update, assuming the problem can be found and fixed quickly.
Oh the fun part of software development. Lol

Edit: any chance we could get an update on the changes, fixes etc.

Last edited by Bruins86; 05-09-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins86 View Post
Oh the fun part of software development. Lol

Edit: any chance we could get an update on the changes, fixes etc.
Sure, I've got the update text ready to go pending the crash finally getting fixed (no good news on that front so far, unfortunately):

Quote:
Bug fixes:

Various crashes fixed.
Display bug that resulted in crashes while viewing games at certain resolutions fixed.
SM-Liiga relegation series no longer played against team from incorrect league.
Playoff line in SM-Liiga standings screen now appears in correct place.
Teams now promoted to Allsvenskan from Swedish Division 1 instead of Russian junior league.
Goalie stat leaders lists no longer reduced to 2 players in some leagues.
NHL waivers now apply prior to the start of the regular season, so it's no longer possible to evade them by sending players down before the schedule starts.
KHL teams now consider nationality restrictions when making a trade.
AI teams should now offer picks earlier than the 5th round in trades.
NHL Draft no longer uses list of eligible nations that was excluding some countries - all IIHF nations should now be draft-eligible.
The league Player Stats and team Skater Stats 1 screen now default to a proper sort order (points, goals, games played.)

Changes:

Finnish Mestis is now playable (some bugs at the moment, roster limits are set too low and there are issues with playoffs/relegation/promotion.)
Mouse buttons 3 and 4 can now be used to go forward/back.
GAA and Save % added to goalie career stats and "Last 4" section.
Manager Options screen now includes single buttons to set all coaching/management options to the AI or user.
"Save as..." save option added.
Point totals now bolded in standings screens.
All positions rated 15 or higher now indicated at top of player screen, instead of just the highest one.
Farm teams now referred to on various screens by city name instead of nickname (where applicable.)
"Drafted from" team now indicated in draft report.
League logos now use the same format as historical logos (_year at the end of the name) so they can now change over time.
Retirements on non-playable teams are now handled mainly by the non-playable transactions system - this should end the mysterious prospect disappearances some people had noted.
Non-playable leagues now use additional categories of player movement (some major incompatibilities at the moment between the systems for moving players out of their league if they become too good/bad and the way the computer is assigning ratings to players with incomplete data at the start of the game - generally, those players aren't good enough, so it means a lot of guys retiring early. The player generation/ratings fill-in systems will be getting major overhauls in the next week or two.)
Size of potential destinations lists for nonplayable transactions expanded.
Team text colour now adjusted based on background color (this is a precursor to some larger improvements in the way team colours are handled, including full editability.)

Database Changes:

Players with NHL debuts up to 1993-94 now included in historical database.
Leagues/countries with significant amounts of updated data: NHL, AHL, NCAA, OHL, QMJHL, KHL, Czech Republic, Finland, UK.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #18
Robert11729
Minors (Single A)

I know this is the beta and Im sorry if this has been brought up already but as playing the NY Rangers I have yet to get a star for my goalie and clearly he has been deserving at least some of the top star performances.
Robert11729 is offline   Reply With Quote