Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
avwjase

Season Won't Flip: Online Historical League

I have an online historical league that I've ran for my buddies and I going on three real years now. We've hit a snag this season.

1ST - What I "think" caused the problem

I ran a sim the other evening (Friday) and put the game on upload and left the PC. When I check it the next morning the game had crashed while backing up the league files and never so much as uploaded the first file.

This crash DID occur after the season had been flipped. This was the sim where the season flipped. The flip went through successfully and then I uploaded everything. It crashed during the upload/back up process.

2ND - The problem

Ok, well, it wasn't a big deal at first. I just loaded up the file and uploaded the league and everything again. Everything seemed fine. Then it was pointed out today that we're back to the WS of 1994 and we have no schedule for this season.

What's worse is that the alamanac and history are both updated so the flip was done successfully. Now all of a sudden we're back to pre-flip, WS 1994 and there's no schedule or anything.

It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I've been playing OOTP for 10 years, I've been running leagues for 9 of those years and I've never seen anything like this. The league was successfully flipped and then a crash and poof, the flip was just erased.

Yes, I backup my files but the problem is that I didn't notice the error and backed them up again when I uploaded everything the night after. The backup sytstem in OOTP X is different from OOTP 9. OOTP 9 made a new backup each time... this one overwrites. So, the backup I have has the same friggin problem. Boooo!

I do have an older backup on a DVD-R but it'd require us to replay the WS and that's just not an option to me.

3RD - The file

I have uploaded the file to my server and taken the password protection off. I figured that HOPEFULLY someone (maybe Markus? crosses fingers!) can look at it and fix the file to where the season will flip. Just get the thing flipped and if I have to manually import scheudles, I'm fine with that. As it stands, I can't even do that because I get an error that says "MUST BE IN PRESEASON TO IMPORT/CREATE A SCHEDULE!"

If you need anything else, let me know. We're a small real-life friends only league. We don't even have a complete league as only half the teams are owned. But we do have three years of real-life history that I don't really just want to toss away.

So, if you can help it would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.avwjase.com/retchk.zip

Old 02-12-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
avwjase

So... nothing? This league really is about 75% of the reason I still play OOTP. So if you can help I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by avwjase; 02-12-2010 at 01:10 AM.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
avwjase

I was able to finally fix it. Was a hell of a time though.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

avwjase,
Sorry to see you didn't get any response to this. A lot of the guys who could provide some insight into this issue are heads down beta testing v11. Markus and Andreas are also locked in on finishing the new version so that would be why they did not get to look at this.

Can you detail what steps you took to resolve the issue? Would help us to know if this is something that warrants further investigation or maybe a one off occurrence.
Closed Thread