Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Avast thinks elicense is a trojan

I've been running the program fine for months. Today when I load up OOTP, I get an Avast warning saying that some elicense file is a Trojan. Being a stupid person, I click the delete prompt from Avast without thinking. Then when I click to run OOTP, the game will not load. So I resinstalled OOTP and the trojan warning remains.

I think this may be an Avast issue with their latest update. Anyone else getting this?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

More googling has revealed this to be a major problem with today's update for Avast antivirus software. So if anyone else is seeing this today - it is an Avast issue. Disabling Avast Standard Shield will allow you to load OOTP. I would suspect that Avast would have a fix to this shortly.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:27 AM   #3
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
Disabling Avast Standard Shield will allow you to load OOTP.
Thanks for the tip, that did the trick.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Avast now has a patch for this problem. Just update your iAVS version.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:48 AM   #5
kq76
Global Moderator

This happens with different AV scanners and different programs from time to time. You might want to add some folder exclusions to yours so that you don't get another warning in the future. It should also help everything run a fair bit faster if you do this because then it won't bother to scan all the thousands of files OOTP can generate.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:53 AM   #6
RandyTiger
Hall Of Famer

Ran into the same problem - and it cost me one of my licenses, which greatly annoys me, as I had to uninstall and reinstall, burning one of my two uses. *growls*

I couldn't unlicense, because elicen40.dll was removed. What's the addy again for the pisd site so I can get the license released?

Last edited by RandyTiger; 12-03-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:02 AM   #7
kq76
Global Moderator

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/joom...se-issues.html
Old 12-03-2009, 05:04 AM   #8
RandyTiger
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, kq.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:46 AM   #9
tylertoo
Major Leagues

This happened to me as well. I just want to make sure I'm clear on what to do here. I updated Avast and restarted the entire machine. When I run OOTP X it says elicen40.dll is not found, re-install.

So if I'm correct, I must:
--run ootp10setup.exe
--find my license key and re-license
--contact elicense through the link above and ask for the lost license back

1) Is this correct?

2) Will the saved games still be there?

3) Does anyone know how to specify within Avast an exclusion to the OOTP folder?

Many thanks.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #10
kq76
Global Moderator

1) That sounds good to me. You might like to hear from one of the guys who has already gone through this first though.

2) I didn't have it happen to me (I have exclusions set), but it sounds like it only deleted elicen40.dll so your saved_games folder should be fine. Depending on your setup, saved_games is probably in a completely different folder anyway. If you want to be as safe as possible, though, just go ahead and backup your saved_games folder (and others if you've modded the game in any way) before you do anything. EDIT: I'm pretty sure re-installing the game won't delete the saved_games folder, but I'm not 100% sure as I can't remember the last time I had to reinstall when I still had saved games, so to be on the absolute safe side maybe you should just go ahead and back it up.

3) Right-click on the a ball icon in your system tray, select "program settings" then "exclusions", then click "add" and select the folders you want to exclude. I exclude the OOTP folders that are in the program files folder and the users folder as well as an archives folder I have.

Last edited by kq76; 12-03-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #11
tylertoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyTiger View Post
Ran into the same problem - and it cost me one of my licenses, which greatly annoys me, as I had to uninstall and reinstall, burning one of my two uses. *growls*
Ok, what I did was reinstall without first uninstalling. In other words, I just re-installed on top of what was no longer working. Then I patched up, and it works fine, including all saves. And it did not ask me for a key.

From this, can I assume that unlike Randy, this did NOT cost me a license? Should I check with elicense anyway?

--Mike
Old 02-22-2010, 08:34 AM   #12
fantom1979
Hall Of Famer

As this was a problem with Avast, and not with OOTP, I am going to recommend that this issue is sent to closed status. Anyone that is concerned about their elicense status should contact elicense at:
support@elicense.com
or
eLicense - Helping your Business Grow

Closed Thread